Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DigiWeb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Digiweb wrote: »
    Would recommend the new Fritz 3000 Repeater : https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-3000-repeater/

It's a once off cost, little more expensive but a tidier unit and specifically designed as a Mesh add on so really plug and play.

If you really want another 7530 send us a PM and we can arrange for a once off cost rather than 9.95 per month.

Just for info we'll be launching a range of Fritz Smart home devices pretty soon, starting with the Fritz 500 smart lightbulb. Links back to your fritzbox and allows you to control your lights from a Fritz app on your phone both from your home network and on the go . They are pretty cool!
    Would the range include a mesh system? If so, I might wait.

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Would the range include a mesh system? If so, I might wait.

Both the 7530 and the 3000 Repeater are Mesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,413 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

MBSnr wrote: »
    I purchased an additional one from Digiweb (it's a refurb I believe) at a discount. Not sure if they still do this. Also I purchased a new one directly from Airwire - 95 Euro with 10 Euro del fee. http://www.airwire.ie/index.php/products/ftth

I now have 4x 7530 devices in my house giving decent coverage. 2 are wired back to the master and the other is connected by 2.4GHz wifi (runs at about 180Mbps).
    Why are they only connecting through 2.4?
    Could u use a German version for the repeater?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭alec76

TheDriver wrote: »
    They probably not , but what difference is it make?
    There are no Fritzbox devices capable of "performance Mesh "
    While Fritzbox good devices compare to the rest
    regular provider's CPE , they still pretty useless if you want 300-1000 Wi-Fi Mesh around the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭MBSnr

TheDriver wrote: »
    Could u use a German version for the repeater?

I'm not sure I follow.

One master
    2x repeaters connected by physical 1Gb LAN cable back to master.
    1x repeater connected by 2.4GHz wifi because of location and number of walls/objects in the way. Could connect by 5GHz but it is very weak.

I understand the firmware is no longer German specific and you can flash the device with the newest firmware and choose English as the language. So a German version should work, but best to confirm with AVM support.

• Advertisement

alec76 wrote: »
    They probably not , but what difference is it make?
    There are no Fritzbox devices capable of "performance Mesh "
    While Fritzbox good devices compare to the rest
    regular provider's CPE , they still pretty useless if you want 300-1000 Wi-Fi Mesh around the house.

What do you mean performance mesh? If they are a wired backbone mesh then they run at the same speed as a device connected by 5GHz to the master main Fritzbox. If you have 1Gb internet then the physical limit of the 5GHz radio (to a device - not another Fritzbox) on the 7530 is around 866Mbps (but you won't get near that). But if you don't have 1Gb internet it makes little difference.

Obviously wireless mesh with them is different depending on physical location in your house. The 2.4GHz 7530 master <-> 7530 repeater connection runs at at 180Mbps in my house. I have 500Mbps internet. But in day to functionality it makes no odds. My phone doesn't connect at much over 90 Mbps on 2.4GHz anyhow, so it connecting to that Fritzbox meshed wirelessly makes no odds. Devices near it that connect at 5GHz aren't getting the full 500Mbps internet speed but then again, do they need to in that one location?

7530 only support MIMO 2x2, with no dedicated wireless Backhaul so I am very doubtful if it can go
    faster than 350mbps wireless in real life
    My cheap Google Pixel 3a phone ( MIMO 2x2)reaching up to 600 Mbps on my ORBI Mesh ( 4x4 MIMO wireless dedicated Backhaul)
    That it is what I call entry for the "performance Mesh "
    and you may get it for £130 , used stock if you lucky enough.

Yes, I do have 1gb .

7530 only support MIMO 2x2, with no dedicated wireless Backhaul so I am very doubtful if it can go
    faster than 350mbps wireless in real life
    My cheap Google Pixel 3a phone ( MIMO 2x2)reaching up to 600 Mbps on my ORBI Mesh ( 4x4 MIMO wireless dedicated Backhaul)
    That it is what I call entry for the "performance Mesh "
    and you may get it for £130 , used stock if you lucky enough.

Yes, I do have 1gb .

Fair enough. With 1Gb you need that to utilise the internet speed you signed up for. I've no intention of signing up for 1Gb (unless they bump me for free ;)) and as such I'm happy enough with the 7530s I have.

What is the max 5Ghz speeds are you capable to achieve with your setup?
    My point this system only good for 300 mbps package, hardwired.
    Try to connect 3-4 fritzboxes wirelessly and they’ll eat all WiFi bandwidth for the blakhaul with nothing left for the clients.

What is the max 5Ghz speeds are you capable to achieve with your setup?
    My point this system only good for 300 mbps package, hardwired.
    Try to connect 3-4 fritzboxes wirelessly and they’ll eat all WiFi bandwidth for the blakhaul with nothing left for the clients.

Ok - as I mentioned I have hard wired 2 of them. If I am in front of those 2 repeaters connected with 5GHz wifi, I get the full 500Mbps (actually 477) - same as being physically wired into the Master using a LAN cable.

• Advertisement

It is actually very good result , could it keep same speed within 3-5 meters distance , direct line , no obstructions on the way?

It is actually very good result , could it keep same speed within 3-5 meters distance , direct line , no obstructions on the way?

Out to 3m yes with an iphone 8. Dropping to about 380Mbps at 5m.
    There's 5 other devices on that repeater although not doing much.
    Yes I put a measuring tape on the floor in true geek fashion.....:eek:

Also quite decent, I probably have better range with Orbi , could hit up to 550-600 within 5 meters .
    Maybe I was too negative for this Fritzbox , seems pretty decent mesh system if all satellites hardwired.
    ps. You are lucky enough that one of your slaves boxes sinc via 2.4ghz with the master , otherwise ( if it had 5ghz bakhual) would definitely decrease your top speeds for 5 GHz band ( both for master and slave )

^^^
    You can select the wifi network from the repeater (as backhaul) of any it can see. Either the master 2.4/5GHz or the other mesh members 2.4/5GHz.
    So I have had master -> wired repeater -> wireless repeater in the past but have changed things around since. The speed on the second repeater was sub 100Mbps due to it's location but still enough to stream HD.

MBSnr wrote: »
    ^^^
    You can select the wifi network from the repeater (as backhaul) of any it can see. Either the master 2.4/5GHz or the other mesh members 2.4/5GHz.
    Cool .ORBI web UI definitely won’t let you do the same , it is quite limited for settings. Most of the advanced settings hidden from average Joe, only accessible via TELNET/SSH.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

Is it possible to change the guest wifi to 2.4ghz only on the Fritzbox 7530?
    I plan to use it strictly for IoT devices and some may not connect if it is 2.4/5ghz but I can't find the setting to change it

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MacEye

Lads,

Not too clued up on the various providers and packages....

Currently paying 45.01/month for 'Electric Broadband 150_3' package (whatever that is!) with Digiweb - is this a good deal? Think it includes local calls... Should I be looking to switch, get a better deal from Digiweb, etc.

Never had any problems with connection, speed, download limits or anything - has been great.

Just trying to trim the fat at the moment - started with jettisoning Sky for free to air ☺️

A.

Hi All,

For anyone interested in getting even more value out of their Digiweb Fritzbox we have just added the Fritz DECT 500 Smart Bulb available to purchase via our website : https://digiweb.ie/product/fritz-dect500/

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kopfile1

I'm a new customer and need in writing before my cooling off period ends that I wont be charged or cut off or throttled if I exceed this "UNLIMITED" limit . 2TB IS NOTHING IN 2020 Call of duty is 150gb . 4K netflix can use 10gb an hour multiply that by 4 chromecasts and it soon adds up .
    My first week and I see I'm up to 550gb . This is ridiculious living in doubt about the fact that your unlimited fiber broadband is in fact limited .I think Joe Duffy might have to get to the bottom of this along with Comreg .

Up it to 3tb and stop the lies about unlimited or go by your word and make it unlimited .

Digiweb wrote: »
    Hi, we are currently reviewing our FUP however as an immediate step our qouted FUP allowance will increase to 2 TB. It is important to note that this isn't a hard cap. Before notifying customers of excessive usage we take a number of factors into consideration including network utilisation, customers average monthly usage etc. We always communicate with customers re FUP before taking any action

I'm a new customer and need in writing before my cooling off period ends that I wont be charged or cut off or throttled if I exceed this "UNLIMITED" limit . 2TB IS NOTHING IN 2020 Call of duty is 150gb . 4K netflix can use 10gb an hour multiply that by 4 chromecasts and it soon adds up .
    My first week and I see I'm up to 550gb . This is ridiculious living in doubt about the fact that your unlimited fiber broadband is in fact limited .I think Joe Duffy might have to get to the bottom of this along with Comreg .

Up it to 3tb and stop the lies about unlimited or go by your word and make it unlimited .

• Advertisement

apophis32 wrote: »
    OK! thank you, that just could (for now) stop me moving away from Digiweb to a truly unlimited ISP, such as , Sky, Eir, Airwire or Westnet, .....don't know Vodafone's current offering's....
    Hopefully Digiweb will follow these other consumer friendly isp's..
    thank you again...

thats false eir charge 2 euro per gb over their limit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,825 ✭✭✭CoBo55

kopfile1 wrote: »
    thats false eir charge 2 euro per gb over their limit

And sky aren't unlimited on their ftth product either. The only truly unlimited provider in Ireland are VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,555 ✭✭✭✭Marlow

CoBo55 wrote: »
    And sky aren't unlimited on their ftth product either. The only truly unlimited provider in Ireland are VM.

You are forgetting Westnet and Airwire.

/M

Marlow wrote: »
    You are forgetting Westnet and Airwire.

/M

Are they truly unlimited? They aren't available in my area so I never looked at them closely.

I am pretty sure Eir is unlimited too, it says “Unlimited usage “ in my Eir’s account CP.
    I often went over 2 TB with Eir , they didn’t charge me for that.
    I believe it was long time ago since they changed the policy and ANY NEW customer would be under truly Unlimited policy.
    eir Fibre (Unlimited) and eir Fibre Extreme packages are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB (1,000GB) per month.
    Usage in excess if this is subject to a charge of €2.50 for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100 per month (values inclusive of VAT).

This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions, by contacting our Customer Care team on 1901.

https://www.eir.ie/support/broadband/managing-broadband-usage/

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Digiweb Siro outage In Kilkenny Today 7th December.
    Took be 50 mins to get through to tech support who have no idea when service will be back.

Siro seems to be struggling around the country with various providers, think I'll stick with VM.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Siro seems to be struggling around the country with various providers, think I'll stick with VM.

My first time down in 2 years tbf.
    Any Digiweb rep on?

booterboy wrote: »
    Any Digiweb rep on?

Kilkenny issues should be fixed now, send us a PM with account number and we'll check ASAP

• Advertisement

booterboy wrote: »
    Any Digiweb rep on?

Never once down with VM in 4 years, well, it was down for a few night hours after a powerful lightning storm, back the next morning. The VDSL providers were out for over a week.

Advertisement