Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭garyskeepers

Hey Guys. .I still have a one space left on my family account, if anyone is interested just pop me a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Rainislove

Hey Guys. .I still have a one space left on my family account, if anyone is interested just pop me a PM

I PMed you. Please check when you get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

I don't have a vpn so I downloaded the free version of vpn unlimited. It says I'm connected to Turkey.
    The "whats my ip" link in the first post says I'm connected to Turkey, but all my Google searches are showing Irish results.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just need to pay for the vpn for a month?

Whats the easiest of the vpns to use?

If it matters, I don't have a laptop. I'm doing it on my android phone..

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

If it matters, I don't have a laptop. I'm doing it on my android phone..

No worries there, I also did it all on Android phone. The only vpn that worked for me was free hola

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭snoopy84

Am I doing something wrong, or do I just need to pay for the vpn for a month?

I have two vpns I pay for and neither of them worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭gussieg

I've got privatevpn, have had it for over a year now, works with all I watch, currently 'living ' in Argentina, but now they put up the price and with the added tax, will move to the med I hope.
    Free option that worked I found was windscribe but I deleted after use as it seemed to stay connected on the old Chromebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,539 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

My sub expired this morning.

Loaded up VPN Unlimited on my Mac and went to incognito mode on Chrome.

Tried to login to Netflix but I’m getting this error message:

“ Incorrect password. Please try again or you can reset your password.”

The password is definitely correct because as soon as I disconnect the VPN, it accepts the same credentials.

Tried on Safari as well as on my phone and on 4G data too. No luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Do you need to convert euro to turkish lira on revolut account for netflix payment?

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

my sub expired this morning.

Have a VPN Unlimited account years but never used it on laptop before. Installed the app. It won't connect to Turkey, or anywhere. Is there some settings on my laptop that might be hindering it?

The password is definitely correct because as soon as I disconnect the VPN, it accepts the same credentials.

Very same happening to me

• Advertisement

podge018 wrote: »
    Very same happening to me

Are you using a Mac or Windows?

I’ve only access to Apple devices so Mac and iOS devices and none are working with UnlimitedVPN.

I will have my brother try on Windows and see if it works

Using chrome browser on my iphone.

Couldn't connect to a server using VPN Unlimited on my laptop.

I recommend proton.

This. Thank you.

To follow up on my posts above where I was failing to get this to work. Proton basic (€5 for one month) worked first time for me.

I was beginning to lose hope when VPN unlimited was giving me a password error for Turkey and Argentina was giving me an error about my payment method and asked to verify an Argentina phone number. (my Irish number was added before cancelling).

In my situation, I created a new MasterCard Virtual card in Revolut around 10 days ago.

Updated my payment info on Netflix from my AIB card which I’ve been using for years.

Cancelled my account and waited the 10 days or so until today when it cancelled.

Paying 1 months sub in € with the new payment method (Revolut) was not needed for me.

€4.96 taken from my Revolut account for the Ultra HD premium plan.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Setanter

Was doing similar for me. You have a leaky VPN, correct that and you will be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

Surfshark VPN do the trick? Looks like it has a Turkey based server

Stay Free

This. Thank you.

To follow up on my posts above where I was failing to get this to work. Proton basic (€5 for one month) worked first time for me.

I was beginning to lose hope when VPN unlimited was giving me a password error for Turkey and Argentina was giving me an error about my payment method and asked to verify an Argentina phone number. (my Irish number was added before cancelling).

In my situation, I created a new MasterCard Virtual card in Revolut around 10 days ago.

Updated my payment info on Netflix from my AIB card which I’ve been using for years.

Cancelled my account and waited the 10 days or so until today when it cancelled.

Paying 1 months sub in € with the new payment method (Revolut) was not needed for me.

€4.96 taken from my Revolut account for the Ultra HD premium plan.

Thanks all.

I'm trying to set up Proton Basic but it wants to take the full annual month in one go. How did you pay for 1 month only?

I'm trying to set up Proton Basic but it wants to take the full annual month in one go. How did you pay for 1 month only?

Go here: https://protonvpn.com/pricing

There’s a drop down that says annual. Change that to monthly, then select basic. It should show €5

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Just saw that Ireland now has the largest catalogue

Proton worked perfectly, thanks. Shame about VPN Unlimited and the extra €5 it cost, but happy now to be a Turk.

Proton worked perfectly, thanks. Shame about VPN Unlimited and the extra €5 it cost, but happy now to be a Turk.

One tip is to cancel the Proton sub now as it auto renews but also it goes back as credit on your account which might be handy if you ever need to use them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

It worked. I set it up with EBS Mastercard, debit. Cancelled, waited till it expired. Logged in through Windscribe, Turkey on Firefox (didn't need privacy mode). Chose premium package, and done. €4.98. Sorted.

Thanks for the advice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

It worked. I set it up with EBS Mastercard, debit. Cancelled, waited till it expired. Logged in through Windscribe, Turkey on Firefox (didn't need privacy mode). Chose premium package, and done. €4.98. Sorted.

Thanks for the advice lads.

Don't mind me asking but why are lads cancelling payment methods which obviously work here and then setting up different ones for their transfer prior to Turkey?
    I understand the cancelling of the Irish Netflix package itself but reading about all of the highlighted problems people are encountering and just wondering if changing bank cards is actually required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't mind me asking but why are lads cancelling payment methods which obviously work here and then setting up different ones for their transfer prior to Turkey?
    I understand the cancelling of the Irish Netflix package itself but reading about all of the highlighted problems people are encountering and just wondering if changing bank cards is actually required.

I tried changing to Revolut and Paypal, but I couldn't get it to work. The reason I wanted to change is that they don't have an expiry date, my card does. I'm not sure if I will have issues when I have to renew my card on Turkey NF.
    I will know when I know :p

Fann Linn wrote: »

2 reasons. a) they're using paypal which isn't accepted in Turkey Netflix
    b) Their current payment card is about to expire/will expire in few months or has a currency charge e.g. minimum conversion fee which adds a euro onto each transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

TheDriver wrote: »
    2 reasons. a) they're using paypal which isn't accepted in Turkey Netflix
    b) Their current payment card is about to expire/will expire in few months or has a currency charge e.g. minimum conversion fee which adds a euro onto each transaction

That's grand thanks. I'm set up with Curve via revolut and everything is hunky dory, so I'll just carry on with that. I was beginning to think it was a condition of transfer that a change had to be made on the payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'm having issues trying to use Revolut as payment method.

"There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I've tried the physical and virtual card and put Turkish Lira in the account. I'm connected to Turkey on Surfshark.

I've tried a new account and used my brothers expired account, both giving the same error

Any suggestions?

I'm having issues trying to use Revolut as payment method.

"There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use"

I've tried the physical and virtual card and put Turkish Lira in the account. I'm connected to Turkey on Surfshark.

I've tried a new account and used my brothers expired account, both giving the same error

Any suggestions?

Have you an expired Irish account with payment already setup on it?

Have you an expired Irish account with payment already setup on it?

My brothers account expired a few days ago. I logged in using the Vpn and it asked me to update the payment method and I got the error. I get a notification for a hold of €1 on the revolut app and then it says payment error appears on the Netflix page

My brothers account expired a few days ago. I logged in using the Vpn and it asked me to update the payment method and I got the error. I get a notification for a hold of €1 on the revolut app and then it says payment error appears on the Netflix page

If the payment method was ok on his account, it shouldn't have asked him for an updated payment method. He wasn't using paypal by any chance?

• Advertisement

If the payment method was ok on his account, it shouldn't have asked him for an updated payment method. He wasn't using paypal by any chance?

Yeah he was using Paypal

Advertisement