Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WARNING:Risk Of Disruption,High Ground Snow/Ice Likely For Northern Regions, Sat/Sun.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Yep showers still piling in here, mostly hail though with a bit of snow mixed in. Quite a bit of accumulation on grass, against walls etc but for the most part nothing is sticking for long. Should be a decent covering higher up by now though

A good days worth of weather here anyway, easily the most interesting day all month. It went pretty much as I expected, mostly hail with snow during heavier showers but with little accumulation. Wasn't too bothered with anything lying anyway, I love these sort of days watching ominous looking showers on the horizon and the sudden change from bright and sunny to dark and stormy with heavy hail. Hopefully similar scenes ahead during the spring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

How high up are you? I'm sure the hills will be alive with snow in the morn

About 90m according to earthtools, I can see the Derryveagh mountains in the distance from down the road, the lying snow level was around 250m back in the December events so assuming its even lower this time there should be a good covering tomorrow

Yeah I say snowline could be around the 150m-200m mark.

Jeez I,d have to go up if I was there, lovely flakes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

Harps wrote: »
    Yep showers still piling in here, mostly hail though with a bit of snow mixed in. Quite a bit of accumulation on grass, against walls etc but for the most part nothing is sticking for long. Should be a decent covering higher up by now though

A good days worth of weather here anyway, easily the most interesting day all month. It went pretty much as I expected, mostly hail with snow during heavier showers but with little accumulation. Wasn't too bothered with anything lying anyway, I love these sort of days watching ominous looking showers on the horizon and the sudden change from bright and sunny to dark and stormy with heavy hail. Hopefully similar scenes ahead during the spring :)

All snow here. A whiteout though have to go sis car bit of di icer for work in Belfast tommorow morning.

"If we build it, they will come" :D

Just realised your at sea level on east coast of Antrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

rilz wrote: »
    All snow here. A whiteout though have to go sis car bit of di icer for work in Belfast tommorow morning.

That just doesn't make sense:D

It does, your probably sheltered from the north westerly flow on the other side, so warmer sea effect does not influence you so much.
    Unlike Harps he would have a stronger low level warmer air coming off the sea affecting his chances and so as it cross land the air cools down.

Just taking a look now at the whole of Ireland, I'm sure those showers making it in towards the Midlands are fairly wintry and higher ground in the south west.

193324.JPG

• Advertisement

Yeah temperatures rarely drop below zero in a NW flow around here, its been hovering between 1.5C and 2C since 6pm here, dew point around 0C throughout. I'd say a lot of the showers here would fall as snow if we were 50 miles further from the coast to lessen the affect of the Atlantic mixing, they'd be much weaker by that stake obviously so its a no win situation really. Even during the extreme northerly last December we only had hail & graupel showers on the first night with the strong wind, once it slackened we got over 25cm of proper snow in 15 hours!

Great to see the showers still piling up, there's gonna be alot of white hills up there in the morn.
    And to be fair, as good as our own radar is, Let's call a spade a spade, it's utter rubbish for your location. Really could do with that Belfast one on board for the website, not going to happen but sure we'll struggle on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭vickers209

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Total non event here apart from the odd snow shower. Hills dont even have a speck of snow on them while they had 5 inches of snow on them during December.
    Got more of a covering from the snow showers two weeks ago than yesterday.
    Harps wrote: »
    Even during the extreme northerly last December we only had hail & graupel showers on the first night with the strong wind, once it slackened we got over 25cm of proper snow in 15 hours!

You mean December 2010 right?

There was brief coverings, and some lower level accumulations like the poster in Antrim stated.

http://www.donegaldaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/snow.jpg
    Report from yesterday.

Anyway I think were done here, roll on the Heatwave Summer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement