Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To kill a mother-in-law

Options
  • 26-12-2017 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else gotten rid of the MIL yet, or are you still going through the persecution?

Thank fcuk mine is gone in the next few hours.

Anyone else suffering?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Charming!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,987 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Ever watched Throw Mama from the Train.

Might get a few ideas there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

tiny timy wrote: »
    Has anyone else gotten rid of the MIL yet, or are you still going through the persecution?

Thank fcuk mine is gone in the next few hours.

Anyone else suffering?

There's NO getting rid of her. In fact, you've married her future self. Any year now... Something for you to look forward to. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

My wife's brother brought his new girlfriend home so I got away scot free from her ire this year. Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭hairyslug

I have a plan, I had originally written it just incase I'm asked to write the script of the "non serious death" in a CSI episode but it can be used for such a scenario.

You have to bring her over to Vegas, to a party preferably on the top floor on a hi rise. It has to be on a warm yet rainy evening. There you need to have an ice sculpture be delivered to the top floor by crane. As the sculpture is delivered, have a few burly workmen get distracted and walk off leaving the ice sculpture on the edge of the building. Now you need to bring the M I L down stairs and outside for a smoke, under the ice sculpture. By some freak "accident" the ice sculpture falls, squashes the M-I-L, you walk off, remaining ice melts and dilutes into the rain. You fly home minus a MIL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I see her on the Christmas. I see her on the Saint Stephens. I see her tomorrow on the wife’s birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

mad muffin wrote: »
    I see her on the Christmas. I see her on the Saint Stephens. I see her tomorrow on the wife’s birthday.

My sympathies!

Ah yes. Harper Lee's first, rather less successful, attempt at a novel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

tiny timy wrote: »

Anyone else suffering?

OP..."Things are always better in the morning" :)

My MiL was a lovely person, wish she'd have been around to meet her granddaughter, she'd have been beside herself with the excitement. But know they're rare, from what friends tell me about their in laws...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I got rid of mine when I got rid of the wife some years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

hairyslug wrote: »
    I have a plan, I had originally written it just incase I'm asked to write the script of the "non serious death" in a CSI episode but it can be used for such a scenario.

You have to bring her over to Vegas, to a party preferably on the top floor on a hi rise. It has to be on a warm yet rainy evening. There you need to have an ice sculpture be delivered to the top floor by crane. As the sculpture is delivered, have a few burly workmen get distracted and walk off leaving the ice sculpture on the edge of the building. Now you need to bring the M I L down stairs and outside for a smoke, under the ice sculpture. By some freak "accident" the ice sculpture falls, squashes the M-I-L, you walk off, remaining ice melts and dilutes into the rain. You fly home minus a MIL.

I can see some minor flaws.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭jokser250

mad muffin wrote: »

Unlucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Mine lives 5 minutes away. I want to move. He won't. If she ever decides that she's moving in with us, then I'm gone. Not even joking. She truly is the manipulative b***h from hell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

I like mine although we don't see her as much as my mother because of distance.

She's like an old skool, rural version of Prince Philip and comes out fantastic unPC chestnuts, especially if you egg her on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

I'm surprised mine didn't poison herself with her own ghastly food.

(tbf though, she's a really nice person, just has her obnoxious days)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

My mother in law was already dead when I arrived on the scene

Jesus, that was forward planning! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Same here. Apparently she was a lovely woman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Same here. Apparently she was a lovely woman too.

They're all lovely when they're dead.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Ive only been married once but I currently have 2 mother in laws and an ex mother in law so I have spares if anyone wants one? :pac:

Ah no, I'm fond of and get on well with them all :)

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Ah no, I'm fond of and get on well with them all :)

IT'S OKAY! :eek:

This forum is anonymous :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

Mine is the traditional kind, the one the jokes are written for!

Irish mother's and their sons!!

Need I say any more!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

If my mil ended up in hell the devil would leave and go to heaven

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Anagram for Mother in law Woman Hitler.

Do it OP do it now tonight, we understand your reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm not married but I always found the horrible mother in law interest from my observations of people I know and if I was told to pick a side I'd choose the mother in laws side in most cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

I'm not married but I always found the horrible mother in law interest from my observations of people I know and if I was told to pick a side I'd choose the mother in laws side in most cases.

I must tell you my story sometime. It might change your mind.

I'm not married but

Yeah, you know what they say about what proceeds the word But...

Come back to us when you've walked the talk :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I must tell you my story sometime. It might change your mind.
    Yeah, you know what they say about what proceeds the word But...

Come back to us when you've walked the talk :D

It might. I'm just basing it on the stories that I already know.

• Advertisement

Well in my case, my MiL was just a complete lady, a class act who doted on her only daughter but never once tried to interfere in her life or decisions except to support them, and us. Tbh I was probably more upset when she passed away than my own Dad...don't get me wrong, he was great, but his passing was a relief in the end as he'd had a number of strokes, her death was a complete shock.

Advertisement