Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ulster Bank League 2018-2019 Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

I know there isn't a definitive list, bar the Ulster one above, but is there a way of seeing who has transferred from which clubs etc?

Or just what we can work out from those involved in respective clubs here
    Checking out club websites/teamsheets unless IRFU and provinces are to change tact and publish all transfers like they have before(not done for a long time)
    Local papers may have transfers like Limerick Leader for Limerick clubs but nothing nationwide

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Chico Flores

Naas have signed a few lads. Two for Lansdowne for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Naas have signed a few lads. Two for Lansdowne for sure.
    Lads from their originally? Presume Brian Larkin is one?

Tarf1234 wrote: »

Not sure if they are originally from there. One is Jake Howlett. Don't know on the other.

Not sure if they are originally from there. One is Jake Howlett. Don't know on the other.
    Howlett is from Newbridge so makes sense.

Willie Staunton gone to Wanderers

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

Howlett is from Celbridge The other is from Wicklow I beleive the young 10 they had name escapes me

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Howlett is from Celbridge The other is from Wicklow I beleive the young 10 they had name escapes me
    He went to Newbridge so general area...

He went to Newbridge so general area...
    Celbridge is not in the general area of Naas or Newbridge. Barnhall & North Kildare would put you straight there.Opposite ends of the county

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Celbridge is not in the general area of Naas or Newbridge. Barnhall & North Kildare would put you straight there.Opposite ends of the county

Lots of people from North Kildare go to Newbridge though, and he certainly did as well

Peter Hastie. Good signings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭stellenbosch

Liam Turner and Ryan Baird to Trinity and both will play Div 1A I have no doubt. Two excellent signings

Liam Turner and Ryan Baird to Trinity and both will play Div 1A I have no doubt. Two excellent signings
    Had heard Turner to LFC but I guess we'll see where all the school leavers are actually going over the coming days

They were likely promised senior rugby. Trinity will have a very young team all decent players but to many straight out of school, think they might struggle again this year especially if they loose a few of those players to Irish 20s and Leinster development team

Think he slightly underwhelmed in Lansdowne last person I was speaking to on him. Played 1s in first season of 20s but never kicked on

Change of place might be good as he was highly rated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Jack Barry and Peter Hastie have signed for Naas from Lansdowne. You sure about Howlett? Hadn't heard that one

Stainalert wrote: »

Jack Barry and Peter Hastie have signed for Naas from Lansdowne. You sure about Howlett? Hadn't heard that one
    Believe Adam Coyle has resigned for Naas also

Not sure but was told so

How are Lansdowne shaping up? Lost Dwan/O'Sullivan..others? New signings?

How are Lansdowne shaping up? Lost Dwan/O'Sullivan..others? New signings?
    David O'Connor from St Marys and Harry Byrne from UCD would be the main signings

• Advertisement

Good signings. Any front row?

Good signings. Any front row?

And there lies the potential problem- Will have hookers all right -Sheehan and couple of others but losing Byrne and Bollard leaves them pretty thin there even if 4/5/6/7/8 etc will be fine with Dunne Baird McDonad and some very good U20 back rows from last years winning All Ireland 20s side

And there lies the potential problem- Will have hookers all right -Sheehan and couple of others but losing Byrne and Bollard leaves them pretty thin there even if 4/5/6/7/8 etc will be fine with Dunne Baird McDonad and some very good U20 back rows from last years winning All Ireland 20s side

Trinity have signed a lot of under 20 props not sure on quality but heard they have 5/6 incoming

Trinity have signed a lot of under 20 props not sure on quality but heard they have 5/6 incoming

Yea will be interesting. Baird & Dunne are 2 excellent 2nd rows and I'd imagine the Trinity lineout will go really well but they are both still very young and if they are packing down behind a young front row it will be interesting to see how the scrum goes. Sheehan is a big unit but not always ideal for a hooker when it comes to scrummaging. Will be very interesting to watch this pack develop.

Yea will be interesting. Baird & Dunne are 2 excellent 2nd rows and I'd imagine the Trinity lineout will go really well but they are both still very young and if they are packing down behind a young front row it will be interesting to see how the scrum goes. Sheehan is a big unit but not always ideal for a hooker when it comes to scrummaging. Will be very interesting to watch this pack develop.

Yep-if they get ball they will be very dangerous behind with Osborne/Hogan/Kelly/Sylvestre/Hickey/Moriarty and maybe Turner

Jack Aungier going to Terenure been done?

Jack Aungier going to Terenure been done?

Yep and Marys also lost David O'Connor-they will struggle in 1B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Yep and Marys also lost David O'Connor-they will struggle in 1B

Do Mary's have the same coaching setup as last year?

New coaches for Belvo too. Full staff. Lads stepping up from their 20s.

A Kenny

Some nice recruiting too-C Brennan ex Connacht/Crosbie ex Connacht and Keating from Greystones

• Advertisement

A Kenny

Some nice recruiting too-C Brennan ex Connacht/Crosbie ex Connacht and Keating from Greystones
    Crosbie is player coach I believe

Crosbie is player coach I believe

Slight emphasis on one element of the 2 I'd imagine!

Slight emphasis on one element of the 2 I'd imagine!

C Daly and M McGrath back training with Tarf

Where will all these props play?

Trinity compete with 2 U20s sides in prem 1 and prem 2-you plenty of props for two squads!

Trinity compete with 2 U20s sides in prem 1 and prem 2-you plenty of props for two squads!
    I know but surely there are some props from last season still around also? Also I'd imagine most decent props coming out of school would not be too content playing prem 2.

Jack McDermott from Trinity going to Clontarf I think.

Yep, he's been training for the last while apparently along with Courtney, Finlay, Ryan and Llyod. Not sure if Martin Kelly has been down yet.

Yep, he's been training for the last while apparently along with Courtney, Finlay, Ryan and Llyod. Not sure if Martin Kelly has been down yet.
    Good additions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Business in Tarfs bar must be booming :)

Good additions

Yes M Kelly now training with Tarf as well. Very good additions to Tarf especially Finlay and Courtney

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]For upcoming season there will be 6 professional players (excluding academy) allowed per match made up of 3 forwards and 3 backs[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Limerick 37.5

LCC Shannon 5 Garryowen 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

The Celtic Cup is useless tbh.

There should be an ITM Cup type league that plays below the Pro14.

• Advertisement

Mc Love wrote: »

itm cup played when/by who? How is Celtic cup useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭D14Rugby

Leinster league starts this week. Hearing there'll be a lot of very experimental teams with some teams still missing players due to j1s and the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Can't see that working. (EDIT: Sorry I thought that said plays before the pro 14, that ITM Cup type league will just be an adapted AIL)

There'll be a change to the AIL. The only question, as usual, is how machiavellian the IRFU have to go before the do what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

itm cup played when/by who? How is Celtic cup useless?

Because its only between irish and welsh teams, and is finished by October!?!

ITM Cup type competition for the Irish league. Seems to work well in New Zealand that has a similar population to us.

D14Rugby wrote: »
    Leinster league starts this week. Hearing there'll be a lot of very experimental teams with some teams still missing players due to j1s and the likes
    Always will be players missing and as much will be plenty of j1s playing...
    Can't see that working. (EDIT: Sorry I thought that said plays before the pro 14, that ITM Cup type league will just be an adapted AIL)

There'll be a change to the AIL. The only question, as usual, is how machiavellian the IRFU have to go before the do what they want.
    What would you think is acceptable..
    Because its only between irish and welsh teams, and is finished by October!?!

ITM Cup type competition for the Irish league. Seems to work well in New Zealand that has a similar population to us.
    New Zealand is ran completely different. ITM cup is ran by essentially county teams above club level which is far more than the AIL. AIL cant in any way be compared to ITM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement