Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon vs Munster buildup/ticket discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭bennyl10

I'm going to be in the ****ing sky.

Do we have a seat chart?.. Think.I could be upthere with ya tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Compo_Bordeaux_1000.jpg

A few starters have been benched or rested for this, the front row has been completely changed. The big story is Bryan Habana finally getting a start after being an unused replacement twice.

Don't be surprised to see Toulon lose this game. It's a huge game for Bordeaux who are trying to make the playoffs. Around 1 in 8 matches this year in the Top14 have been won by the away team!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,179 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

And most of those were in Biarritz

Talebula and Habana - could be worth a watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,778 ✭✭✭✭phog

I assume all the people giving out about Toulouse allowing people to buy up to 20 tickets for the QF will now be apoplectic with rage that Munster fans can buy up to 50 tickets for the semi.

Let's see.

Must try harder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

phog wrote: »
    Must try harder

Only 50 tickets for a munster supporter, that's a ridiculously low figure ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Must try harder

And you could try responding to the point.

What do YOU think of allowing people to buy 50 tickets?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

The green eyed monster is amongst us

The green eyed monster is amongst us

Not at all. I was baffled at the time (go back and check) by people's opinions on Toulouse's distribution of tickets. I just thought it would be interesting to know if the lunatic fringe are capable of any sort of balance in light of Munster doing the same except on an even bigger scale. Seems I got my answer.

haha we can buy 50 tickets! Bizarre!

Just goes to show the lack of demand over here for tickets. Damn airlines.

302748.JPG

Not at all. I was baffled at the time (go back and check) by people's opinions on Toulouse's distribution of tickets. I just thought it would be interesting to know if the lunatic fringe are capable of any sort of balance in light of Munster doing the same except on an even bigger scale. Seems I got my answer.

Just because someone doesn't have the same viewpoint as you doesn't mean they are lunatic fringe. Look within first.

As for the tickets, of course it's an absolute shambles for any club to be selling quantities like that.

• Advertisement

Don't, please don't

Don't, please don't

Why not? Let's be consistent here. If Toulouse are criticised then Munster should be as well no?

Killester Travel doing a day trip for the game from Shannon €334 plus Tax

Around the world in 80 days

Met two lads at the game last night, 5 of them setting off from Knock to Bristol on Thurs, departing Bournemouth on Friday to Carcassonne. Returning early Monday morning from Carcassone to East Midlands then back to Knock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's some journey!

Are they doing it to keep the cost down or for fun?

I'd be worried what you save on flights you'd end up paying on food and accommodation on a journey like that.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's some journey!

I'd be worried what you save on flights you'd end up paying on food and accommodation on a journey like that.

And wear and tear. Plus a day or two off work.

The direct route is best option even if it involves paying extra.

shannon - london, london - nice, nice to marsille by train, 85 quid! sorted

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's some journey!

Rightwing wrote: »
    And wear and tear. Plus a day or two off work.

The direct route is best option even if it involves paying extra.

A bit of both, I suppose some just don't like laying out €400 on a day trip.These guys will hardly spend €2,000 on travel/accommodation between them and what they spend on food/drink will be seen as part of the fun of the trip

bennyl10 wrote: »

Return?

For how many days?

Return?

For how many days?

Yup, leaving on the thurs
    Back in momday, hostel in the town :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Why not? Let's be consistent here. If Toulouse are criticised then Munster should be as well no?

the ERC run the SF not Munster or Toulouse

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Riskymove wrote: »

Think the club organises the tickets for their supporters though. I was never able to buy over a certain amount with Leinster semis from what I can remember.

And they give the allocation of tickets to each club who then decide how to distribute them.

So this was a Munster decision (and they were perfectly within their rights to do so).

.ak wrote: »
    Think the club organises the tickets for their supporters though. I was never able to buy over a certain amount with Leinster semis from what I can remember.

we were limited to 2 per person by Munster

And they give the allocation of tickets to each club who then decide how to distribute them.

So this was a Munster decision (and they were perfectly within their rights to do so).

are you sure about that?

why would Munster limit its own supporters and clubs to 2 per person and then allow the public to buy 50 each?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

are you sure about that?

why would Munster limit its own supporters and clubs to 2 per person and then allow the public to buy 50 each?

I presume - and I only presume - that the 2 per person was the season ticket holder/supporters club presale, first dibs and all that. So to guarantee every club/STH got a fair bite of the apple they limited it to 2. Everything after that is public allocation through the club.

.ak wrote: »
    I presume - and I only presume - that the 2 per person was the season ticket holder/supporters club presale, first dibs and all that. So to guarantee every club/STH got a fair bite of the apple they limited it to 2. Everything after that is public allocation through the club.

after the first sale, the Club then allowed up to 6 per person, which is still the case until the returns are sent back to the ERC this week

again I cannot see why they would limit actual paying supporters to 6 but allow anyone else to buy 50...but maybe they did...I am just asking for some actual support of that if they are gonna be criticised

after the first sale, the Club then allowed up to 6 per person, which is still the case until the returns are sent back to the ERC this week

again I cannot see why they would limit actual paying supporters to 6 but allow anyone else to buy 50...but maybe they did...I am just asking for some actual support of that if they are gonna be criticised

Something isn't adding up, but it's an absolute shambles that 50 tickets can be bought. Makes a farce of the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

bennyl10 wrote: »

Nice to Marseille by train alone seems to be 30 quid, so you got 2 flights to the south of France for around 50 quid?

• Advertisement

Fizman wrote: »
    Nice to Marseille by train alone seems to be 30 quid, so you got 2 flights to the south of France for around 50 quid?

That's 1 spectacular train journey. It's possible, you can go from SNN to Nice for as low as €20 on other days. People should have taken the chance & booked that route, as Toulon are practically unbeatable at home.

Advertisement