Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon vs Munster buildup/ticket discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Riskymove wrote: »
    after the first sale, the Club then allowed up to 6 per person, which is still the case until the returns are sent back to the ERC this week

again I cannot see why they would limit actual paying supporters to 6 but allow anyone else to buy 50...but maybe they did...I am just asking for some actual support of that if they are gonna be criticised

They did the above.

First allocation for the season ticket holders and then associate supporter club members. They had to make sure (rightly) that they had first refusal to tickets.

My point is if posters are going to criticise Toulouse for allowing 20 tickets per transaction then surely Munster should be open to the same criticism. Unfortunately I imagine a minority will bring spares to sell over face value.

On the other hand, at least no Munster supporters will have to travel in the hope of getting tickets. Anyone in Ireland that wants one can get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

My point is if posters are going to criticise Toulouse for allowing 20 tickets per transaction then surely Munster should be open to the same criticism.

I already did criticise the decision but just wonder if it was Munster or ERC rules about public sales

On the other hand, at least no Munster supporters will have to travel in the hope of getting tickets. Anyone in Ireland that wants one can get one.

yes, this is a big factor here

the allocations are more even and allow for demand to be largely met

Toulouse tried to limit their returns and thus limited the supply where there was serious demand...Munster could have filled a far bigger ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

I already did criticise the decision but just wonder if it was Munster or ERC rules about public sales

yes, this is a big factor here

the allocations are more even and allow for demand to be largely met

Toulouse tried to limit their returns and thus limited the supply where there was serious demand...Munster could have filled a far bigger ground

I blame the ERC for this. They are belittling the tournament with a toin coss. I simply can't imagine a great tournament like Uefa CL semi-finals being decided on a toin cossing procedure.

If there was home/away semi-finals this would be fair and would eliminate the big surplus of tickets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

Rightwing wrote: »
    I blame the ERC for this. They are belittling the tournament with a toin coss. I simply can't imagine a great tournament like Uefa CL semi-finals being decided on a toin cossing procedure.

If there was home/away semi-finals this would be fair and would eliminate the big surplus of tickets.

makes no sense. If anything there would be less of an uptake of away tickets

btw, soccer and rugby are too completely different spots. Comparing them is largely useless so I've no idea why you always insist on doing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

are you sure about that?

Yes. 110% a Munster Rugby decision to go down this route as is their prerogative.
    why would Munster limit its own supporters and clubs to 2 per person and then allow the public to buy 50 each?

I don't know. Possibly they were initially unsure as to what the demand would be so decided to limit it to ensure every member got tickets, then found they have loads left over and decided to remove restrictions.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Tickets on general sale on the RCT website but only €75 tickets available (or remaining)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Got a €44 ticket in the end. Now just have to figure out how to get there, drive or bus...

Tickets arrived today. Getting seriously pumped now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone

Tickets arrived today. Getting seriously pumped now!

Celebrating with the girlfriend so? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Been reading some stuff from over yonder. They are delighted to be in red and many supporters have been buying tickets through ticketmaster.ie

• Advertisement

Celebrating with the girlfriend so? :)

The sheep are very worried

Ah yeah I'll just ignore the above! :p

Toulon's 23 man squad for the trip to Barcelona to play Perpignan. This could be a must win match for USAP if they want to stay up, as their final match is away to Clermont! Toulon are competing with Montpellier and Clermont for two direct semi-final spots.

Les avants (13) :
    Steffon ARMITAGE– Virgile BRUNI – Levan CHILACHAVA – Xavier CHIOCCI - Juan Martin FERNANDEZ LOBBE - Pierrick GUNTHER - Carl HAYMAN – Alexandre MENINI – Benjamin NOIROT - Konstantin MIKAUTADZE - Jean-Charles ORIOLI – Jocelino SUTA – Joe VAN NIEKERK.

Les arrières (10) :
    Delon ARMITAGE – Mathieu BASTAREAUD - Michael CLAASSENS - Matt GITEAU – Bryan HABANA - Frédéric MICHALAK - Drew MITCHELL - Maxime MERMOZ – David SMITH - Sébastien TILLOUS-BORDE.

Burden, Fresia, Castrogiovanni, Bakkies, Williams, Rossouw, Juan Smith, Wilkinson and Wulf are absent.

Been reading some stuff from over yonder. They are delighted to be in red and many supporters have been buying tickets through ticketmaster.ie

I think that's an advantage.

They are also probably buying tickets from Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think that's an advantage.

They are also probably buying tickets from Munster.

Really? :confused:

It will be interesting to see if Ticketmaster actually cancel tickets bought with a French address (as they said they would); one suspects not.

.ak wrote: »
    Really? :confused:

Absolutely. The stadium will be full of red. No need to ask any Munster person which colour they'd prefer. ;)

Absolutely. The stadium will be full of red. No need to ask any Munster person which colour they'd prefer. ;)

What's the supporters got to do with it? It's not like the Munster supporters are going to turn up in Navy just because the team jersey is navy on the day.

What's the supporters got to do with it? It's not like the Munster supporters are going to turn up in Navy just because the team jersey is navy on the day.

I think the idea is that as the stadium is full of red there is no negative effect on the players like there would be if there was very little

Many will.

Teams always prefer to play in their home colours. There's a reason for it.

Burden, Fresia, Castrogiovanni, Bakkies, Williams, Rossouw, Juan Smith, Wilkinson and Wulf are absent.

The absence of Botha this weekend is massive for Munster; he'll either be missing the Munster game or be very short on match practice when it comes around. I presume Williams has no chance of playing.

• Advertisement

Many will.

Teams always prefer to play in their home colours. There's a reason for it.

What reason?

I think the idea is that as the stadium is full of red there is no negative effect on the players like there would be if there was very little

Right. So Munster will see a sea of red, without knowing who's who's fans. Don't see how it'd make a difference that Munster have to wear their away strip.

Don't see how it'd make a difference that Munster have to wear their away strip.

I don't either other than any general idea of just familiarity

Munster won a HEC in their away gear

It will be interesting to see if Ticketmaster actually cancel tickets bought with a French address (as they said they would); one suspects not.

Money talks. All is fair in love, war and rugby, I suppose.

What reason?

Support. ;)

Support. ;)

What does that even mean?

How will wearing navy effect the Munster team? Both sets of fans will be wearing red so what does it matter?

What does that even mean?

How will wearing navy effect the Munster team? Both sets of fans will be wearing red so what does it matter?

Navy clashes with POC's eyes.

Money talks. All is fair in love, war and rugby, I suppose.

it didn't accept french addresses..perhaps they got people elsewhere to buy them

I also know someone in Brussels who went to buy and would be charged €22 to DHL it - post not available

The absence of Botha this weekend is massive for Munster; he'll either be missing the Munster game or be very short on match practice when it comes around. I presume Williams has no chance of playing.

The fact that Rossouw has been rested this weekend says a lot. They are keeping him fresh for Munster. While Bakkies being out is a blow Rossouw has really stepped up to the plate, he was immense against Leinster. He turns 36 in the summer but it wouldn't surprise me if another club wanted him around a la Hines going to Sale Sharks.

• Advertisement

Navy clashes with POC's eyes.

I'm afraid it will this time. I see Toulon @ -8 as a great bet.

Advertisement