Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toulon vs Munster buildup/ticket discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

who_me wrote: »
    Match tickets booked. Now, how the hell do we get there..

Only made the semi last season due to a buddy who was willing and able to "drive" from Barcelona <-> Montpellier at approx. 516mph* with five of us crammed into the car. He's not going this year so..

* exaggerating, for comic effect.

Going cork -london-nice and back the same route, making a long weekend of it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

SomeFool wrote: »
    Going cork -london-nice and back the same route, making a long weekend of it

Nice is definitely the best option. Would love to, but it's looking more likely to be a day-trip. (Which I hate. If we lose, it's a loong day of travelling. If we win, you really, really want to stay. And that's if there's no delays and you actually get to see the game!)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Flying to Rodez (3hours away) -> Hiring a Car -> Staying in a Formule 1 Hotel (€24 for the room, 3 of us in the room) -> Driving to Carcasonne after the match (3 hours) -> Staying in a Fomule 1 Hotel (€19, 3 of us in the room) -> Driving to Biarritz (3 hours) on Monday and flying out at 17:30.

All in about €130 per-person Flights/Accom/Car Hire

Now just need tickets.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What's a formule 1 hotel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Podge_irl wrote: »

Racecar.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Podge_irl wrote: »

Glorified Hostel. Cheap as chips. A bed a sink and a TV. Jacks and Showers are down the hall.

Still very clean and at €24 for the room you cannot complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Glorified Hostel. Cheap as chips. A bed a sink and a TV. Jacks and Showers are down the hall.

Still very clean and at €24 for the room you cannot complain.
    Wish i was able to do this id be willing to try this route

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Craig Burden and David Smith are not included in Toulon's squad travelling to Bordeaux Begles. Wilkinson is injured. The lineup will be named tomorrow, I think it's time for Bryan Habana to finally get a run! Toulon lost 41-0 at the Chaban-Delmas last year (same ground that held Clermont-Leinster 2012).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Tickets sorted!

went Cat 6.. probably be awful seats, but being there will be enough!

Which are people finding id the cheapest way to get there? flights with ryan/aer-lingus or the chartered tour crowd?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Man I love these threads. Over in Oz at the moment but used to love the scramble to get tickets and flights for the munster games and taking all sorts of ridiculous routes.
    For the 2008 final I remember flying to manchester, renting a car and driving to cardiff, and sleeping in the boot of a car in some rugby club in cardiff. Top Bants!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,185 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Hmm, can't buy them from ticketmaster with a French CC but could use an Irish one and get them posted over, or wait until Monday and try get them here...

Riskymove wrote: »

Robbing effers. Pay a surcharge and you can't even select your seat.

The MRSC membership pays for itself by avoiding that monopoly's BS.

Robbing effers. Pay a surcharge and you can't even select your seat.

The MRSC membership pays for itself by avoiding that monopoly's BS.

I agree i clicked through it went for 80 ticket and it only comes up with section ga1 i cant fnd a seating plan either.

Must sign up for a membership this year usually get my tickets through my local club:o

crasy dash wrote: »
    I agree i clicked through it went for 80 ticket and it only comes up with section ga1 i cant fnd a seating plan either.

Must sign up for a membership this year usually get my tickets through my local club:o

It's worth it! A lot of the money raised goes to the academy as well. I'd rather give €30 to the academy than a cent to Ticketmaster.

3 x €50 tickets through MRSC is €152.50 (€2.50 transaction fee added to total).

3 x €50 tickets through Ticketmaster is €164.85 (€4.95 fee per ticket added to total).

It's worth it! A lot of the money raised goes to the academy as well. I'd rather give €30 to the academy than a cent to Ticketmaster.

3 x €50 tickets through MRSC is €152.50 (€2.50 transaction fee added to total).

3 x €50 tickets through Ticketmaster is €164.85 (€4.95 fee per ticket added to total).
    For the life of me i cant remember why i didnt renew my membership last year
    must be my old age getting to me

Is the entire stadium Ggeneral admission?
    Expect it with the,20 tickets but not more..

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Is the entire stadium Ggeneral admission?
    Expect it with the,20 tickets but not more..

I am totally confused myself:D

crasy dash wrote: »
    I am totally confused myself:D

If everyones in the same place, then anyone whos bought the cat 1 or 2 will be fuming..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

I assume all the people giving out about Toulouse allowing people to buy up to 20 tickets for the QF will now be apoplectic with rage that Munster fans can buy up to 50 tickets for the semi.

Let's see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭twinytwo

i have dibs on the match thread].... Us poor bastards will have to watch it on the TV :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Ugo Monye spacecraft experience

I'm going to be in the ****ing sky.

I assume all the people giving out about Toulouse allowing people to buy up to 20 tickets for the QF will now be apoplectic with rage that Munster fans can buy up to 50 tickets for the semi.

Let's see.

that's crazy alright - touts paradise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

FYI;

After a coin-toss, Toulon will wear red and Munster will wear their blue "away" jersey.

Munster get the "home" dressing room but since it's a neutral venue I'm not sure what difference it makes.

FYI;

After a coin-toss, Toulon will wear red and Munster will wear their blue "away" jersey.

Let that be the only thing they win from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Crap. Has POC's coin-toss form started to slip?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

.ak wrote: »

He obviously wasn't wearing his lucky headphones. I know a man who wouldn't have forgotten them...

Teferi wrote: »
    He obviously wasn't wearing his lucky headphones. I know a man who wouldn't have forgotten them...

Munster won their last HEC wearing their away blue so that's lucky enough for me

.ak wrote: »

I knew Boudjellal & Toulon had money on their side, and there's the proof!

I wouldn't worry about Paulie, he's obviously saving The Stare for his chats with the ref on match-day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

who_me wrote: »
    I knew Boudjellal & Toulon had money on their side, and there's the proof!

I wouldn't worry about Paulie, he's obviously saving The Stare for his chats with the ref on match-day.

Not over playing his hand, I like it...

Advertisement