Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RaboPro12 13/14 season thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Intent is not taken into consideration at all. Because there is no way to take it into consideration.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Intent is not taken into consideration at all. Because there is no way to take it into consideration.

The TMO?

Cardiff Blues looking at Anscombe for next season at the behest of Gatland

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/warren-gatland-targets-chiefs-star-7014342

We're guilty of it, but it's not nice to see window shopping of potential internationals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Always thought he'd end up at Ulster if he came north....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

Do you mean intent isn't considered in this specific case, or generally? (Because "generally" can hardly be true - if two players were running to catch a ball and collided into each other, you'd have to card them both.)

IMO, it's all getting a bit... weird. Look at the Payne incident, many said (and I agree) if he had jumped up for the ball it might not have even been a penalty, just an unfortunate incident. That seems to imply:

- you are not attempting to catch the ball, if you are on the ground. You must jump into the air to be considered to be attempting to catch the ball. That, is simply untrue. For over a century now, players with 100% of their feet on the ground have in fact been catching balls.

- it is "better" to deliberately jump into a player in the air (under the guise of attempting to contest the ball), than it is to be on the ground and have him land on or collide with you. The first is likely not a penalty, the latter at least a yellow if not a red. That to me is bizarre, and very dangerous.

I've said before how the Irish players have been competing the kicks this season - they're not waiting for the player to take it and then tackle him, but jumping up with/into him to disrupt. It happened too often to just be a coincidence, and let to a bad injury to a Scottish player and a French player hurt (but played on), a Welsh player too if I recall.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Liam Williams was cited for his tackle on Cuthbert, what he got his first yellow for, and has now been banned for two weeks.

He, and Copeland, will only miss one game though as it's two weeks from 20th April!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Copeland also banned for two weeks for his stamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

They're both rather fortunate and I wouldn't be surprised if the fact that there's two weeks left in the season and it was a low profile game led to a lower suspension.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just the one game this weekend and it's Glasgow at home to Edinburgh tomorrow evening.

A win for Glasgow will put them second as they'll have won more games but on the same number of points as Munster. Ulster would then drop to fourth.

Glasgow haven't been beaten in this fixture since the 10/11 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just the one game this weekend and it's Glasgow at home to Edinburgh tomorrow evening.

A win for Glasgow will put them second as they'll have won more games but on the same number of points as Munster. Ulster would then drop to fourth.

Glasgow haven't been beaten in this fixture since the 10/11 season.

Think Glasgow will get 2nd at this stage. Then again the Italians might put up of a bit more of a fight in order to qualify for Europe next season.

Won't have to worry about any team having a game in hand after this weekend at last! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

.ak wrote: »
    Copeland also banned for two weeks for his stamp.

For a second I was thinking "I don't remember a poster called Copeland in this thread..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭OldRio

Glasgow v Edinburgh is on BBC Alba at 7.00 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Glasgow up 23-13 and have scored 3 tries. Scoreline a fair reflection on the game to this point.

4 tries.

That's the 4 tries for Glasgow now

30-13

There's something about this game, I don't know, it could even be the BBC Alba coverage, but this game seems really slow and lacking in intensity. 37-20.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭phog

Glasgow leaped in 2nd place despite two late tries from Edinburgh, I hoped Edinburgh would have done us a favour, danger now is that they might do Glasgow a favour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

CatFromHue wrote: »
    That's the 4 tries for Glasgow now

30-13

Don't think the result was ever in doubt but the BP is massive. It means Leinster have to get something in Ravenhill to finish top and Munster are doomed to an away semi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

phog wrote: »
    Glasgow leaped in 2nd place despite two late tries from Edinburgh, I hoped Edinburgh would have done us a favour, danger now is that they might do Glasgow a favour.

Glasgow were always going to win that. It was a question of a BP or not.

Very true. The BP not only makes Munster unlikely to get a home semi though, Leinster are in a fight to finish top.

• Advertisement

On paper yes as things ended there was only three points in it.

phog wrote: »
    On paper yes as things ended there was only three points in it.

It was 37-20 with 2 minutes to go and Glasgow absolutely gifted Edinburgh 2 tries at the death.

matthew8 wrote: »
    It was 37-20 with 2 minutes to go and Glasgow absolutely gifted Edinburgh 2 tries at the death.

I know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Maitland should be shot for rushing up like that for the last score, crazy decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

As a Leinster fan I want them to win but Glasgow winning would also be fantastic. They've made incredible progress in the last few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Glasgow have the most wins now, Leinster just have a lot more BPs. What's impressive there is that they give so many players to the Scottish squad, and they've still remained competitive when missing their internationals. And they've a good few internationals (Brown, Gray, Barclay, Beattie, possibly more) who've all left in recent enough times.

They're losing Cusiter next season which is a blow, he's going to Sale who for me are a worse team than Glasgow.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 WeegWarriors

We gave our friends some bonus points as part of the arrangement ;)

We got the 5 which is all that was needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

danthefan wrote: »
    They're losing Cusiter next season which is a blow, he's going to Sale who for me are a worse richer team than Glasgow.

Yeah that.

• Administrators Posts: 54,087 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leaves it as (number in brackets is games won):

1. Leinster 74 (15)
    2. Glasgow 69 (16)
    3. Munster 68 (15)
    4. Ulster 65 (14)
    5. Ospreys 60 (12)

Glasgow have the italian teams now so IMO you'd have to fancy them for a home semi final. Leinster obviously going to have one.

Ospreys have Zebre and Connacht which is probably at least 8 points for them. Ulster have Leinster and Munster (and now confirmed as a Munster side that'll be giving it everything).

Looking very precarious for Ulster. I think we're going to need 5 points from the 2 games and it's looking like a trip to Dublin if we manage to pull it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,821 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Last 2 games coming up:

Top 5 atm

Leinster's run in (74 points):
    Ulster (A), Edinburgh (H)

Glasgow's run in (69 points):
    Treviso (A), Zebre (H)

Munster's run in (68 points):
    Edinburgh (A), Ulster (H)

Ulster's run in (65 points):
    Leinster (H), Munster (A)

Ospreys' run in (60 points):
    Zebre (A), Connacht (H)

Looks like Glasgow and Leinster have the top 2 spots sown up.

Ospreys could nab the 4th spot from Ulster.

Interesting couple of weeks coming up!

Advertisement