Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Mi A2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Sync wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story with quick charge is with these, if you buy a compatible charger does it work?
    Searching online it says only supported in India, do they get a different handset, or does that mean they include a quick charger in the box over there... :o

Works on my anker qc3.0 car charger, and aukey 2.0 qc wall charger, both from Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01K9MQ8WW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_R0DEBbFEQKBDH

They don't seem to do the wall one any more, but it's along these lines..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01HYXHHGK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_j2DEBbSBX8B2M

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

Sync wrote: »
    Just ordered the 64gb from eglobal - hopefully get it within a week!

This arrived today, happily surprised with the shipping, it seemed like it came from the UK.

Phone seems nice although I haven't had much time with it yet - the case that comes with it is ok, it will do until I find something proper, but the camera still pokes out a touch so I'll be super careful with it.

There's no screen protector in the box either which I had expected as there was in the Mi A1 - but overall very happy.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 14 thegeekyjay

Ordered an A2 EU version from Amazon.de today. Only €226 Inc vat and delivery. That's for version with 4Gb ram and 64Gb storage. It says I will have delivery on the 30-Aug, I will update the thread when it arrives

https://www.amazon.de/Xiaomi-MI-64GB-Dual-Sim-Black-schwarz/dp/B07FMPVBQR

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Ordered an A2 EU version from Amazon.de today. Only €226 Inc vat and delivery. That's for version with 4Gb ram and 64Gb storage. It says I will have delivery on the 30-Aug, I will update the thread when it arrives

That price is from a marketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon. IMO it is better to spring the extra few Euro and buy from Amazon themselves for €239 for the comfort of their guarantee.

Waiting to see the price of the Nokia 6.1 plus and Pocophone F1 before I make a decision.....

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

I dont see the mi A2 sold directly by Amazon, just the lite version.

• Advertisement

If you look at thegeekjay's link and click on the list of "new (23) from €226" it is there from Amazon.de for €239.80

https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B07FMPVBQR/ref=mw_dp_olp?ie=UTF8&condition=new

invest4deepvalue.com

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

NFC?

NFC?

No.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

What's the wifi and call signal like on this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

August security update available this morning on my mi a2 lite. Cannot find any changelog on it though.

• Advertisement

Link is above, it's not sold directly by Amazon, it's by A-mountain, but it's sold vat paid from Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Got mine today, seems like Netflix app isn't supported :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,913 ✭✭✭leakyboots

After doing some reading on here, thinking of taking the plunge on my first Xiaomi. Budget is about 200-250 tops. Looking for something with

64GB storage,
    6GB RAM
    SD card option
    Decent camera
    Gorilla glass
    Headphone jack
    long lasting battery (4000 mAh I guess?)
    FM radio would be nice too...
    Funnily enough I'm happy enough with USB 2.0, 3.0 isn't a big selling point for me

Any recommendations on what model and where to buy? Needs to work with Virgin mobile network (I haven't a clue about bands etc so any advice here especially would be great)

Redmi Note 5 Pro is what I'm leaning towards I think

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Do-more wrote: »

That price is from a marketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon. IMO it is better to spring the extra few Euro and buy from Amazon themselves for €239 for the comfort of their guarantee.

Waiting to see the price of the Nokia 6.1 plus and Pocophone F1 before I make a decision.....
    Reckon 6.1 plus will drop to neat e200

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Anyone else's fingerprint scanner acting up. Mine has stopped working...any tips to fix (preferably not involving a factory reset)

Anyone else's fingerprint scanner acting up. Mine has stopped working...any tips to fix (preferably not involving a factory reset)
    Try remove then re add the fingerprint?

Reckon 6.1 plus will drop to neat e200

Phone arrived today, very happy with it. Lovely phone, very responsive, good build quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Fanny Wank

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Got mine today, seems like Netflix app isn't supported :(

Works on mine. Can watch it on the phone or cast to tv

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭cullenswood

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Try remove then re add the fingerprint?

That didn't work unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭corkie

The Xiaomi Mi A2 is a crazy good deal...

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Advertisement

Where's the best to buy this big price difference from amazon to honourbuy etc

Fanny **** wrote: »
    Works on mine. Can watch it on the phone or cast to tv
    I think it is not coming up as compatible on Play store because I unlocked the bootloader.
    I got the APK though.

Where's the best to buy this big price difference from amazon to honourbuy etc

Its about 220/230 on both.
    Remember to compare like with like,

There are number of versions with different amounts of ram and storage. Also there is a lite version which is a totally different phone.

Global Version 6+128GB
    Global Version 4+64GB
    Global Version 4+32GB

Its about 220/230 on both.
    Remember to compare like with like,

There are number of versions with different amounts of ram and storage. Also there is a lite version which is a totally different phone.

Global Version 6+128GB
    Global Version 4+64GB
    Global Version 4+32GB

The lite seems to have a bigger batter

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭fugee

How are people who bought this getting on?

Thinking of moving from iPhone 8 plus to this and most interested in the camera. I have mi A1 I have used so like the Android one but the camera on the A1 is not great.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

You'd be mad to go from a recent iPhone to a budget Android phone unless you're making a good whack of money on the change.

fugee wrote: »
    How are people who bought this getting on?

Thinking of moving from iPhone 8 plus to this and most interested in the camera. I have mi A1 I have used so like the Android one but the camera on the A1 is not great.

Any thoughts would be great.

Cheers
    Good so far no issues with mine, I don't miss NFC as I never really used it, camera is better than last phone I had (Moto g5+) and battery life is great.
    I had one problem installing Netflix above but got the APK for it.
    I expect the September security update will be coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Going to buy one of these for the girlfriends birthday. No issues with 4G compatibility in Ireland?

What do people recommend for the best delivery etc as I've never bought one a Chinese phone. HonorBuy or Eglobal?

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Going to buy one of these for the girlfriends birthday. No issues with 4G compatibility in Ireland?

What do people recommend for the best delivery etc as I've never bought one a Chinese phone. HonorBuy or Eglobal?

Cheers!

Bought mine from eglobalcentral, it arrived within a week.
    No issues at all, 4g works great and it's a really fantastic phone. Selfie camera kinda sucks on it, but I don't use it so not bothered.

The main camera is great, portrait mode is good too.

Advertisement