Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Huawei P20/P20 Pro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

Anyone have intermittent issue where when an app is opened it won't load content when on WiFi? When it happens, flicking WiFi off and moving back to mobile data the app will start loading content. It's intermittent but annoying.
    Here's a video to show exactly what I mean;
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/PR7QSwwMpLKy6bvi9

I tried with WiFi + on and off and still get the same issue

Bumping to see if anyone has seen anything similar.

As a follow up here is a image of my screen. In the top left it seems to be trying to get data from both WiFi and mobile. Is that what the WiFi and data icons on at the same time means? I have WiFi+ turned off so that shouldn't be happening.

EDIT: Some more testing. Tried it on my work wifi and having no issues. Everything is loading fine. So the issue is just my home WiFi. A bit of googling and my issue is very similar to this. In this case some users had to switch broadband provider. I'm with Vodafone FTTC.
    So far I've noticed the following issues:
    Amazon.co.uk doesnt load on home wifi using Chrome or the Amazon app. Loads fine if I switch to mobile data.
    NFL Fantasy Football app won't load initially using home Wifi. Quickly switch to mobile data and it loads. Once the app is open and loaded it then works ok on the home Wifi.
    BBC Sport App - Same issue as NFL app

I'll keep digging but this seems a very odd issue seeing as it seems to be specific to my home Vodafone broadband/router.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyone get the emui v9 yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,460 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope. I'm checking daily...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,387 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i got excited to see an update, sadly its only the October security patches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Just got my Twilight one from Three for €599. Not had much time on it until I get to set it up properly this evening but it looks great and the camera is brill :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭breeno

Huawei have confirmed on Facebook that EMUI 9 for P20 Pro will rollout on 24/12/18.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 319 ✭✭munsterbear

Interested in getting the P20 as my vodafone v9 just died. A lot cheaper on three prepaid, are they sold simply locked or is it easy enough to buy unlock code?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

breeno wrote: »
    Huawei have confirmed on Facebook that EMUI 9 for P20 Pro will rollout on 24/12/18.

Who in their right mind rolls out a fairly major upgrade on Christmas Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Who in their right mind rolls out a fairly major upgrade on Christmas Eve

So they can say Merry Christmas we have a loverly present for you just before Chrimbo, just to keep you happy and busy messing with your phone when with your "loved ones".

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Anyone having battery issues with these? Battery on my Honor 10 seems to be crap these days, I've only had it around 7 months. Used to have 20-30% after a day of heavy use, can't seem to make it through the day without needed a charge now. Charge would be topped up while driving using Android Auto but still not enough to keep me going throughout the day.

All the usual batter settings are in place, no apps running in background etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

rameire wrote: »
    So they can say Merry Christmas we have a loverly present for you just before Chrimbo, just to keep you happy and busy messing with your phone when with your "loved ones".

What happens if there's issues though?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,132 ✭✭✭beer enigma

marvin80 wrote: »
    What happens if there's issues though?!!

Have to use the landline :D

I'm surprised to be honest, I'm a change manager for one of the big mobile networks and we're already well into change freeze.

breeno wrote: »

Happy Christmas, folks. :)

Anyone get an update yet? No sign here...

Mine updated. Though now getting WhatsApp sync error.

Anyone know the main difference with emui?

What network are you on?

Vodafone

Ah, it's there for me now. Cheers...

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

No update for me yet, three network

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

iHungry wrote: »
    No update for me yet, three network

I am on Tesco mobile so presumably on the same timeline as three. Their October security update was only released in November so I wouldn't expect the new update for about a month

I'm on Vodafone and have not received it as of yet.

• Advertisement

I went into setting and checked for update. Never got notification

Unfortunately nope for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Am on eir, no sign yet

100% going to bed last night. 53% now, almost 24 hours later after moderate usage. Not bad! They've really made some improvements under the hood in Pie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭ForestFire

On Vodafone bill pay still woting on this update 2 days later.

Have they only done a partial release to check stability and/or feedback?

I'm Vodafone bill pay too... Maybe they are pushing it in phases...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Vodafone PAYG no update yet

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I got the P20 today on vodafone and it updated to EMUI 9 that you are after, whatever that is. Just the name of their firmware is it?

Yep. EMUI 9 = Android P (Pie).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Great phone so far, only problem is the low audio with bluetooth earphones, has anybody a solution?

EDIT: Solved it by turning up the volume to max not only on my phone but on the earphones themselves, which I don't have to do on other phones so I forgot I even could.

One annoying thing is audio pausing for a second when a notification occurs, will have to sort that too.

Advertisement