Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

4real wrote: »
    Samsung is offering cashback on all Samsung Galaxy phones.
    Note 9 is currently €859 - €165 cashback = €694 (Three price but available across all networks)

I think that's a really good deal for an Irish phone

https://www.three.ie/brand/samsung/cashback-offer/

I presume the phone is locked to the Three network?

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

I presume the phone is locked to the Three network?

99% yes, but they are cheapest right now (€859) Harvey Norman and DID are both looking for €1019

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭LasersGoPewPew

Hello all, I want to get a note 9, but I am unsure if the snapdragon variant will be get the same coverage from carriers as the exynos version?

Looking at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l-7uFhSKGw, it shows the snapdragon has a clear advantage over the exynos version. But some commenters say that the exynos version has better audio quality.

Can someone please advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

What do you mean by coverage from carriers?

Lte network bands. One article I read said that the exynos version was tuned for European networks but Im after comparing band aggregates for the different chips and it appears that the snapdragon variant supports one extra Lte band.
    I'll go for the snapdragon version then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is the Samsung cashback offer they have at the minute only on devices bought outright?

Edit. Just saw it's on the virgin mobile site with the cashback

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Lte network bands. One article I read said that the exynos version was tuned for European networks but Im after comparing band aggregates for the different chips and it appears that the snapdragon variant supports one extra Lte band. I'll go for the snapdragon version then.

I have the snapdragon version and couldn't change btu and I don't pickup 4g+ unless it just doesn't show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Are these a worthwhile upgrade from a S9+?

Truckermal wrote: »
    Are these a worthwhile upgrade from a S9+?

It's only worth it if you think you would use the S-Pen, my friend upgraded from an s9+ and he loves it because of the S-Pen which he uses all the time.

It's only worth it if you think you would use the S-Pen, my friend upgraded from an s9+ and he loves it because of the S-Pen which he uses all the time.

I'm on the fence about pulling the trigger on getting one.

What sort of stuff are people using the s pen for mostly? Proper day to day usage , rather than novelty stuff. Last note I had was the 4 and never used the pen much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

It's worth it for the battery alone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I don't really use the pen at all to be honest, occasionally would use it for the remote camera shutter function. The screen off note writing is handy sometimes but again I wouldn't use it daily.

Phone is fantastic though, really can't fault it.

It's worth it for the battery alone

I've a mi max 2 at the minute and get 2 days heavy use out if it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭ouxbbkqtswdfaw

I've always bought expensive phones, but this time due to shortage of funds, I have bought the Honor 9 lite, absolutely amazed by it, does everything I want from a phone, only €159 in Argos.ie and cheaper on Amazon. Great phone, I'm finished buying expensive phones!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

With the HN sale and cash back the note 9 inc the dual sim versions are now from €774

https://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-sale/samsung-galaxy-note-9/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

With the HN sale and cash back the note 9 inc the dual sim versions are now from €774

https://www.harveynorman.ie/samsung-sale/samsung-galaxy-note-9/

It was only valid until today.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

dan786 wrote: »
    It was only valid until today.

Might have been extended past 24/12, in any case HN are advertising now as part of their post xmas sale so have to honour it (see if it's still there tomorrow).

I bit the bullet and got one through virgin media. It arrived Friday.. It's my first non Chinese phone in a few years (redmi note 4x , mi max 2 for the last year ) was totally happy with the Xaoimis but it's a clear cut above. First Samsung since the note 4 and I'm loving it.

Might have been extended past 24/12, in any case HN are advertising now as part of their post xmas sale so have to honour it (see if it's still there tomorrow).

Virgin media had the offer removed from the device pages a couple of days ago ( along with the free bluetooth speaker and wireless charger), so I'd imagine it ended as planned on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Pie update Android 9 One UI now available on Note 9 on Three

• Advertisement

Pie update Android 9 One UI now available on Note 9 on Three

Have been checking a bit lately. Still not available for me, for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

My unlocked one hasn't got oreo yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

My unlocked one hasn't got oreo yet

I'm locked to Three but got Pie this morning OTA.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I'm locked to Three but got Pie this morning OTA.

I meant to say I havent got Pie yet, my last update was the 23rd of December

My cec code is xeu

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Basil3 wrote: »
    Have been checking a bit lately. Still not available for me, for some reason.

Not available for me either

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭markad1

BTU unlocked, nothing yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

markad1 wrote: »
    BTU unlocked, nothing yet.

Unlocked as well, dual SIM Note 9 and no update so far for Pie. What does BTU mean please and thank you?

Cheers,
    M

madmoe wrote: »
    Unlocked as well, dual SIM Note 9 and no update so far for Pie. What does BTU mean please and thank you?

Cheers,
    M

BTU means its region is UK. VDI would be Vodafone Ireland.
    Samsung use these in the firmware files and when they release that firmware our mobiles update.

Here is a list of release locations so far

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/01/15/official-galaxy-note-9-android-pie-update-countries-list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

markad1 wrote: »
    BTU means its region is UK. VDI would be Vodafone Ireland.
    Samsung use these in the firmware files and when they release that firmware our mobiles update.

Here is a list of release locations so far

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/01/15/official-galaxy-note-9-android-pie-update-countries-list

Many thanks for that. How would I check mine?

Thanks

• Advertisement

madmoe wrote: »
    Many thanks for that. How would I check mine?

Thanks

Go to settings...about phone.....software information , you will see it under service provider SW ver

Advertisement