Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Did any of ye who bought from eGlobal go for n9600 snapdragon model?? if so how do ye find it??

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭uncommon_name

Anyone else break their screen yet. I broke my screen the day after it was released and haven't been able to get it repaired anywhere. Anyone know anywhere that will fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Anyone else break their screen yet. I broke my screen the day after it was released and haven't been able to get it repaired anywhere. Anyone know anywhere that will fix it?

Fonfix in Sandyford, South Dublin, is the official repair centre, I think. They at least used to be. :)
    I think the screens on these generation phones are mindbogglingly expensive to replace screens on, around 300 euros. Those little mobile stores you see everywhere often do it at half price, but it's not going to be a brand new display you'll get.

Fonfix in Sandyford, South Dublin, is the official repair centre, I think. They at least used to be. :)
    I think the screens on these generation phones are mindbogglingly expensive to replace screens on, around 300 euros. Those little mobile stores you see everywhere often do it at half price, but it's not going to be a brand new display you'll get.

I was on to them, they say they don't have parts yet. yes they have warned me it will be about €300 - €400...... I wouldn't go near any of the small shops in this case as I would want to keep the warranty on the phone, especially after the last mess up on the Note.

I was on to them, they say they don't have parts yet. yes they have warned me it will be about €300 - €400...... I wouldn't go near any of the small shops in this case as I would want to keep the warranty on the phone, especially after the last mess up on the Note.

That's crazy. I had my Note 8 screen repaired at Fonfix, along with repairs to cosmetic damage and the S-Pen replaced. Price on the docket was something like €260.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I got a new update today, all about camera improvements. Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

Got the update today. Try snapchat in low light now, transformed. No longer a blurry mess

Basil3 wrote: »
    That's crazy. I had my Note 8 screen repaired at Fonfix, along with repairs to cosmetic damage and the S-Pen replaced. Price on the docket was something like €260.

Wow you done well to get all the work done for that price. I am raging after spending €1100 on the phone, I then broke the screen a day later.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

Wow you done well to get all the work done for that price. I am raging after spending €1100 on the phone, I then broke the screen a day later.

I think that's standard Samsung repair policy. You essentially only pay for the expensive part, the screen. As long as the phone is repairable. When my S4 cracked back in the days, from an unfortunate drop, I got the frame and (plastic) back replaced without extra cost.

I find it really weird they won't take your phone, uncommon_name. I just went in a checked myself and they list a Note 9 screen replacement at €245. Are you sure you're talking to the right guys? :)

I think that's standard Samsung repair policy. You essentially only pay for the expensive part, the screen. As long as the phone is repairable. When my S4 cracked back in the days, from an unfortunate drop, I got the frame and (plastic) back replaced without extra cost.

I find it really weird they won't take your phone, uncommon_name. I just went in a checked myself and they list a Note 9 screen replacement at €245. Are you sure you're talking to the right guys? :)

Interesting, I was on to them on Tuesday last week and they told me they don't have parts yet. Maybe the website has been updated since then. I will give them another call.

• Advertisement

Any recommendations on cases lads?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Thanks lads

Just received October security update. Samsung much better with updates than they were with the Note 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Torn between getting this and the Pixel 3 XL, with the low ram on the Pixel pushing me towards the Note.

Torn between getting this and the Pixel 3 XL, with the low ram on the Pixel pushing me towards the Note.

The Note is a brilliant phone. I think it would be hard to beat it.
    If you have the money, get the Note, no question about it :)
    You can thank me later... Haha :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

As an apple convert to the Note 9...it's a great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭PaulT21

As an apple convert to the Note 9...it's a great piece of kit.

Ditto on both above.
    Left the Orchard for Android and Note 9 and no regrets!:)

• Advertisement

The Note is a brilliant phone. I think it would be hard to beat it.
    If you have the money, get the Note, no question about it :)
    You can thank me later... Haha :)

What the man said. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

anyone who bought the phone from eglobal, does it come with headphones in the box?
    no mention on the website.
    also any issues with the phone till now?

4real wrote: »
    anyone who bought the phone from eglobal, does it come with headphones in the box?
    no mention on the website.
    also any issues with the phone till now?

All comes with the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Didn't get mine off eGlobal but presume the contents are the same everywhere? Came with AKG earphones, they're ok for a freebie but I've got Wireless Momentum 2.0s for proper listening.

Anyone have issues with WiFi, every time I leave the when I come back the phone just can't see my home router anymore without a soft reset.

Anyone have issues with WiFi, every time I leave the when I come back the phone just can't see my home router anymore without a soft reset.

No issues here. Do you have WiFi power saving mode on or something?

Basil3 wrote: »
    No issues here. Do you have WiFi power saving mode on or something?

No nothing, it was working perfectly a just recently started happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Zenify

No problem with wifi on mine. I got it from eglobal and had everything in the box. I mentioned before about eglobal in this thread that the phone is an Asian model and the box had a different seal on it because they open it and make a call to unlock it. Have no issues with it.

thanks everyone

• Advertisement

Samsung is offering cashback on all Samsung Galaxy phones.
    Note 9 is currently €859 - €165 cashback = €694 (Three price but available across all networks)

I think that's a really good deal for an Irish phone

https://www.three.ie/brand/samsung/cashback-offer/

Advertisement