Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Citizen (Thinly veiled 'How many Irish backing this?')

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

I kept on hearing the 'stored' warning only to find the ship still waiting for me. Plays a LOT better than what I last remember even with the bugs.

edit: Spoke too soon lol

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Starts today for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

is it even worth bothering yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-that-raised-300-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/#533c3c835ac9

Doesn't sound good, not much fuel in the tank. Author doesn't do themselves any favours using the Pebble Smartwatch as an example of a Crowdsourcing failure though, the Pebble was wildly successful and they were acquired by Fitbit.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Thargor wrote: »
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/mattperez/2019/05/01/exclusive-the-saga-of-star-citizen-a-video-game-that-raised-300-millionbut-may-never-be-ready-to-play/#533c3c835ac9

Doesn't sound good, not much fuel in the tank. Author doesn't do themselves any favours using the Pebble Smartwatch as an example of a Crowdsourcing failure though, the Pebble was wildly successful and they were acquired by Fitbit.

That article comes off very poorly in my opinion. Do I really need to know or care about the relationships of the people behind the game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

all i need to know is that its in development for 8 bloody years with no end in sight, imo its just one huge cashcow that wont end

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Story is growing legs. Getting slated in a fair few places now.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Story is growing legs. Getting slated in a fair few places now.

The thing is, nothing in that Forbes article is new or groundbreaking. There are hundreds of videos on Youtube pointing out the many issues, delays and scandals that have plagued Star Citizen for the last couple of years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

The difference here is that Forbes article is coming from actual Forbes staff and features in the latest issue of the magazine rather than being a Contributor piece from their blog section. As such, it has a far higher chance of being seen by the kind of investors that Roberts has relied upon for continued injection of large scale funding over the last while in order to keep the studios running.

There are plenty of other changes as well. There are new missions themed around skirting or outright breaking the new laws to earn heaps of money. That’s handy, because now just about all of Star Citizen’s more than 90 vehicles can be bought with in-game credits from Ship Purchasing Kiosks.

Dont understand this, so if I bought a 10 grand real money ship others can now buy it in game by playing the game? Is this correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭saneman

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Dont understand this, so if I bought a 10 grand real money ship others can now buy it in game by playing the game? Is this correct?

You're correct. It's been the CIG mantra that all ships/vehicles, apart from certain alien or military exclusive models, can be bought after launch with in-game money (UEC/Universal Earth Credits) although some ships will be rarer than others.

Ship purchasing kiosks have recently been added to test this process using the "alpha" currency (aUEC).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

By the time this game gets released you will be able to buy a real space ship:D

Free weekend from now i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,483 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Digital Foundry put up a video a week ago on the recent released patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Biggest scam ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Free weekend from now i think?

Free to play all this week with 4 or 5 different ships to play with.

12 day free starting on Sunday.

Will give it a go.

12 day free starting on Sunday.

Will give it a go.

Make sure you install on an SSD. Don't bother otherwise. It's not designed to be played on mechanical hard drives.

Anyone figure out how to download the freeplay?

Anyone figure out how to download the freeplay?

Don't think there's a code this time, looks like you just need to set up an account and download.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/download & account set up

Direct Download

• Advertisement

Cheers

in Area 18 when you finally figure out where the ships are ( exit apartments, go right enter Expo but go to Space port (Rikers ) go to terminal call ship. Elevator to hangar, get in ship.

Explode ship against the wall because no doors open?

Im stuck at the above part.

being honest the entire area is amazing, shame about the crappy FPS but its very very cool, the entire area. Now to stop exploding against walls and get into space :)

ahhh contact the door dude.......

Stole that from ED :D

Bought it based on the last free play.

The ship i picked the mustang cant do delivery missions.......The Aurora can so I have to rent a ship to make some money.

Bought it based on the last free play.

The ship i picked the mustang cant do delivery missions.......The Aurora can so I have to rent a ship to make some money.

You didn't need to rent anything you get an Aurora CL loaner with the mustangs because of this issue. Same for a lot of ships, if you bought a non combat one for instance you get given a fighter so can do that part of the game.

The mustangs have an external cargo/boot, you can load/unload it via terminals but you can't put anything in it otherwise like you can with the internal cargo on others.

Varik wrote: »
    You didn't need to rent anything you get an Aurora CL loaner with the mustangs because of this issue. Same for a lot of ships, if you bought a non combat one for instance you get given a fighter so can do that part of the game.

The mustangs have an external cargo/boot, you can load/unload it via terminals but you can't put anything in it otherwise like you can with the internal cargo on others.

eh the loaner where do i find this? My coop buddy has the Aurora and we share missions to complete them (havent actually completed one yet due to crashes).

Then 3.8 lands and steals my money so I cant refuel and was stuck on a station.

Good start to this purchase :D

eh the loaner where do i find this? My coop buddy has the Aurora and we share missions to complete them (havent actually completed one yet due to crashes).

Then 3.8 lands and steals my money so I cant refuel and was stuck on a station.

Good start to this purchase :D

On the terminal, where you spawn your normal ship it should be there.

With the new patch you should get the base money back again.

Varik wrote: »
    On the terminal, where you spawn your normal ship it should be there.

With the new patch you should get the base money back again.

Server I was on everyone lost their money. I have 0 :D

Must try this, have like 30k from playing Death Stranding with space ships. Convinced there are tacos in those boxes and I work for Space UberEats

How to save a Space Yacht captured by Space Pirates with a wimpy ship:

Step 1: Engage the space pirate ships protecting the space yacht with your wimpy ship.
    Step 2: Trigger self destruct on your own wimpy ship, the eject to fake your death. This will bamboozle the space pirate ships protecting the space yacht.
    Step 3: Float through space to hijack a bamboozled space pirate ship
    Step 4: Use the weapons of your hijacked space pirate ship against the other space pirate ships.
    Step 5: Ditch the hijacked space pirate ship.
    Step 6: Board and Rainbow 6 the space yacht.
    Step 7: Profit
    Like someone would read that and they'd be like

"...what game allows you to do all that? That's like some action movie BS."

• Advertisement

Digital foundry got a new video, apparently they're making a series out of it.

Advertisement