Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 2 - The Happyning

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Nero is planning a big bash, I hear. :D

She'll love that, he's her favorites of the ermmmm....nero brothers :s:3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Made a decision on the thing that was really playing on my mind lately. I'm so much more chilled out since I did, I really feel like it's the right choice to make :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

When you tell a Dub that someone is pregnant, and they immediately ask, "Who's it for?" I just think it's a really endearing turn of phrase. :o
    Never heard that. :)

Right now, Tayto Cheese & Onion are making me happy! But I have a goo on me for a big durty 99 with a nice Choc. Flake mmmmmm.... Plus also got some really Good news today that I potentially thought I'd be 2-3 years away from hearing. It's nice when things are progressing the way they should!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Haven't posted on this thread in a while, which doesn't make me TH :( Life has been chaotic and a bit stressful.

I was in London for a meeting yesterday, randomly went along to an evening event to pass the time and met an old university friend there. She's a good friend and I hadn't seen her in a while, was such a random and wonderful surprise! We spent the evening drinking aperol spritz and decided to run a half marathon together in October :) A TH that I certainly needed this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

happy-birthday-cat02.jpg

Have a good one ;), what concert are ye going to?

The Gaslight Anthem, I love them :D
    New Home wrote: »
    Nero is planning a big bash, I hear. :D

Nero's fiddling was all booked out already :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The smell of fresh cut grass and the sight of an expanse of pristine green lawn.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

A cupan tae makes everything brighter :3.
    Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    The Gaslight Anthem, I love them :D

Nero's fiddling was all booked out already :p

Which one of the brothers did you get so :3 :pac:?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My phone battery is on 69%. It is the simple things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,153 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The smell of fresh cut grass and the sight of an expanse of pristine green lawn.

In memory only ! Our lawn is a burnt yellow and dry as a board . We haven't cut it in about 6 weeks .

TH , sun is out and birds are back and clothes drying beautifully

Wine gum sours!
    iamwhoiam wrote: »
    In memory only ! Our lawn is a burnt yellow and dry as a board . We haven't cut it in about 6 weeks .

TH , sun is out and birds are back and clothes drying beautifully

The birds and butterflies had better watch out so, as your cat will be on the prowl :3.

• Advertisement

Wine gum sours!

The birds and butterflies had better watch out so, as your cat will be on the prowl :3.

Only in his head ! He is 12 years old and only thinks he can get them . The birds have him sussed !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Only in his head ! He is 12 years old and only thinks he can get them . The birds have him sussed !

One of mine left me a dead rat at the gate yesterday... to assure me they are doing their job. A decent size too..... I am not sure which one; 2 are 13 and still hunting and the other one 3-4 and usually a klutz...

Happy that we are now stocked for edible supplies for some while... almost all stowed away...and the emergency supplies building up nicely..

Graces7 wrote: »
    One of mine left me a dead rat at the gate yesterday... to assure me they are doing their job. A decent size too..... I am not sure which one; 2 are 13 and still hunting and the other one 3-4 and usually a klutz...

Ewww !! We used to get regular presents too but now the birds just peer down at the cat from a height and snigger !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Happy that we are now stocked for edible supplies for some while... almost all stowed away...and the emergency supplies building up nicely..

Hope these two posts aren't related :P

Ewww !! We used to get regular presents too but now the birds just peer down at the cat from a height and snigger !

One of my past cats, bless him, caught a wren once.. I gave chase, rescued the wren to the cat's fury. I kept it safe that night and it flew off next morning.

Thereafter whenever that cat tried to hunt, the word would go round and every bird in the garden would raise the alarm.. He did not stand a chance..

The sun on my back and a smashing dinner in front of me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

A nice cold beer in the garden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭umop episdn

First day without any pain at all since last November....it was about 10am before I realised I was painfree :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The timing of the PayPal visit next month.

They cost me a purchase on Amazon today and customer service has been pants.

The timing of the PayPal visit next month.

They cost me a purchase on Amazon today and customer service has been pants.

If it makes you happy, then we're happy. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Happy to be done work, it was so busy and I had to stay on 3 hours later. Going to a wedding tomorrow so that should be nice :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

A bit of a Dilbert cartoon that I watched on Youtube this evening. It was very funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Being provided virtual biscuits on another thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

branie2 wrote: »
    A bit of a Dilbert cartoon that I watched on Youtube this evening. It was very funny.

Dilbert is hilarious. And so is Dogbert. :)
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Being provided virtual biscuits on another thread.

You're welcome. :D And it's BISCUIT. Singular. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote:
    You're welcome. And it's BISCUIT. Singular.

Off to TA I go.

:P

Long quiet wet weekend ahead makes me happy..

quickbeam wrote: »
    Hope these two posts aren't related :P

Roast rat! Mmm.. Mind you in famine times here, that would have been a real lifesaver...

Torrential rain for the past four hours!

And after I took a chance and gave the lawn a decent cut yesterday.

No carrying buckets to the fruit & veg for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Shawshank.gif

Torrential rain for the past four hours!

And after I took a chance and gave the lawn a decent cut yesterday.

No carrying buckets to the fruit & veg for a few days.

Rub it in why don't you! I'm desperate for even a drop over here. I can't remember the last time I saw rain :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Happy 30th for tomorrow , Cleopatra :). My eldest is 25 tomorrow, I am in a state of shock as to where the years went and feeling a little old , lol.

I am half dead with tiredness, feel like I woke up every few minutes last night, can"t remember what thread I am in to post in the spirit of the thread :)

Wow ! Its lashing down in SW Dublin . The grass is getting greener as I look ! Genuinely can't remember when it last rained here . The place already looks cleaner !

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Rub it in why don't you! I'm desperate for even a drop over here. I can't remember the last time I saw rain :(

Happy Birthday for tomorrow in case I don't see you . Enjoy a fab day x

quickbeam wrote: »
    Shawshank.gif

*scratches head*

Water falling out of the sky? what witch craft is that :confused: ?

:pac:

Seeing the met ie map early today made me very happy for the places that have not had rain for so long... now the south needs it. West Mayo is blessed daily and nightly now

offshore island

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I'm on a half day and heading to watch the cricket in Manchester.

It's pi$$ing down so likely an evening under cover watching reruns and drinking!!!

Either way it's win/win!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yesterday I had donuts before lunch, a day out with work, team building games which my team one, BBQ, more donuts, more donuts and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.
    Great day.

And today I set off on the road for a weekend of eating and beaches.

Th happy is laughing.

Howling with laughter watching Kim's convenience, what great show, Mr Kim is hilarious 1f606.png

• Advertisement

Relieved I have managed to do a big clear out task that has been on my list weeks.. increasing the cramped storage space here - or lack of it! Can relax now.

A fresh apple donut. Always puts a smile on my face.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I forgot that yesterday I also won a €50 voucher and managed to get 2 new pairs of sunglasses :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I dropped a cup on the floor and it didn't break. The cutlery god is smiling on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MurraySam

A cup of tea and a walk by the sea with my favourite music

• Registered Users Posts: 12 MurraySam

Oh, and also small dogs!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Perfectly ripe, chilled watermelons. Y-U-M!!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Happy 30th for tomorrow , Cleopatra :). My eldest is 25 tomorrow, I am in a state of shock as to where the years went and feeling a little old , lol.

Ah thank you! And Happy Birthday to your eldest for tomorrow. I know 30 isn't old at all but it's a big one for me for a lot of reasons :)
    Happy Birthday for tomorrow in case I don't see you . Enjoy a fab day x

Thanks for the birthday wishes! TH that I'm feeling all loved :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Mamma Mia! Here We go Again at the cinema this evening. It was a great sequel to the original

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,121 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Getting a PM that isn't giving out to you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement