Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discovery 3x11 - "Su'Kal" ~~ { ** Spoilers Within ** }

Options
124»

Comments

Was it just the Dilitihum in active warp drive or dilitihum in general. If the former why the shortage and if the latter why didn't the tantrum child's planet go kaboom?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

This had some elements I really liked. But it was wrapped up in a badly acted overly emotional mess. They are forcing these characters into stupid situations.

So the burn was the emotional reaction to the death of his mother wasn’t it? That’s why he doesn’t want to think back before being in the holodeck.

Amazing to think that one Kelpian was the cause of millions/billions of deaths. If time travel is possible then that kid should be killed at birth.

This show is all kinds of crap.

He could of just started blinking at the holograms.

This made me lol.

Blinking at holograms will be a point of ridicule for decades. Future Trek shows will reference it as a nod and a wink to how stupid it is. A future writer will have to explain it away somehow.

Lower Decks should be rubbing their hands together with the material they can get from this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

GSPfan wrote: »
    This had some elements I really liked. But it was wrapped up in a badly acted overly emotional mess. They are forcing these characters into stupid situations.

So the burn was the emotional reaction to the death of his mother wasn’t it? That’s why he doesn’t want to think back before being in the holodeck.

Amazing to think that one Kelpian was the cause of millions/billions of deaths. If time travel is possible then that kid should be killed at birth.

This show is all kinds of crap.

Preventing something happening which you know will happen is mathematically impossible so say scientists from Australia, recently. I agree this show is dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

GSPfan wrote: »
    This made me lol.

Blinking at holograms will be a point of ridicule for decades. Future Trek shows will reference it as a nod and a wink to how stupid it is. A future writer will have to explain it away somehow.

Lower Decks should be rubbing their hands together with the material they can get from this show.

The Orville will burn them bad.

• Advertisement

Preventing something happening which you know will happen is mathematically impossible so say scientists from Australia, recently. I agree this show is dreadful.

Well Australians are 11 hours into the future from my perspective so I’ll consider them more advanced than us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

jackboy wrote: »
    Even worse than that. They are representing the ‘diverse’ people as weak and unable to manage their emotions. I’m not sure how the diverse groups included in the show are not terribly insulted by the stereotypical representation.

I meant to reply to this earlier. I think the idea is 'weak ppl are better, strong ppl are bad'. You get that in religion : "The meek shall inherit the earth". So in their eyes representing the diverse as week, to them, is intended as a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭Rawr

The episode had some good moments, but it ended in a way that makes me fear that the finale will just be a re-hash of Season 2's ending.

In other words, a big flashy space battle where all of the friends they made over the season suddenly turn up to help save the day. Expect someone from United Earth to show up, Trill, Vulkan, Book's people and probably a few others I forgot.

....probably the Space Whales will come back to help...because story....

Then I wouldn't be surprised if they decide that "Discovery is a danger the the galaxy, we must....go forward *another* 1000 years....." or something along those lines.

The Deux Ex Machine-bots all over the ship was a silly idea. If the Orb Data was going to be helpful, why wait dangerously late to chip in?

Advertisement