Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The official Christmas FM thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Delighted to hear Xmas FM broadcasting now in the South East! Service hit and miss so far today, keeps dropping service for periods. The app was the same!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there anywhere else online you can listen to Christmas FM rather than their site. Their stream keeps cutting out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it was cutting out all day yesterday, I'm using their old app for iphone, that seems to be broadcasting no problem, not sure about another place online.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah it was cutting out all day yesterday, I'm using their old app for iphone, that seems to be broadcasting no problem, not sure about another place online.

I don't have much data allowance left on my plan for the month I wonder does streaming eat up much data?

Yep I found the answer and yes it does use up a lot haha!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

App not working for me today, using WiFi. I hear music for about a second and then it cuts out completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Sully wrote: »
    App not working for me today, using WiFi. I hear music for about a second and then it cuts out completely.

That happened to me last night. Well I got through about half a song and it cut out. Seems to be working now for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

And it's gone...

They said a couple of minutes ago that you can listen on tunein.com too.

Well I tried TuneIn last Friday and all it did was open a pop-up to their site with their stream.

Really disappointed on how bad the app and the stream have been all day yesterday and today :(

Yes it's been a bit of a disaster this year. This and the fact the texts have doubled in price (I know it's all going to charity and quite rightly so) leads me to believe maybe there's been a change in management?

• Advertisement

Signal in the South East is atrocious today, keeps dropping for long periods of time. App is equally as bad. Very bad start to what's usually a very good channel!

Get the old app, seems to be working a LOT better then the new one.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/christmas-fm-radio/id401547765?mt=8

The stream is not working at all now. At this stage I'm going have to give up even trying to tune in :(

Such a shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Signal in the South East is atrocious today, keeps dropping for long periods of time.

Yea was listening to it on 103.8 around midday, lunchtime it was gone. Nothing in my internet radio after 11 last night either

Seven Worlds will Collide

Little more reliable today, but still not worth listening too.

There was an update for the Android App today, not sure if it fixes any issues as I only use it in the morning!

Stream was much better today! Thank god!

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Really Sorry Guys, So disappointed the service isn't living up to expectations. Hopefully we've improved since your comments? It was a bit of a bumpy start with unprecedented demand on the app due to some foreign press giving us a great mention and that snowballed a little in terms of streaming demand.

The reason we increased the price of the texts from 1Euro to 2Euro was because some people complained it was a little bit too like "Request FM", and I kinda agreed as on Christmas Day last year I was on air and felt I was saying nothing but peoples name, which brilliant from a fund raising point of view, but its not scalable with the increase of range and transmitters we added this year.

Same team as always @Winston Fit Orate. I haven't been on air much personally due the day job having a few challenges but I'm on air at the moment if anyone wants to suggest a song?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Anything by Straight No Chaser is always cheery!!

But I already heard you play 'Christmas Shoes' tonight so you're currently off my Christmas card list! :mad: :pac:

Thanks for the input re: the app. I've just been listening to the radio on my phone and the reception has been the same (good) quality as always. Hopefully the folks listening on the app have heard an improvement. :)

Its on next Posy :)

Yaaaaay! :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Really Sorry Guys, So disappointed the service isn't living up to expectations. Hopefully we've improved since your comments? It was a bit of a bumpy start with unprecedented demand on the app due to some foreign press giving us a great mention and that snowballed a little in terms of streaming demand.

The reason we increased the price of the texts from 1Euro to 2Euro was because some people complained it was a little bit too like "Request FM", and I kinda agreed as on Christmas Day last year I was on air and felt I was saying nothing but peoples name, which brilliant from a fund raising point of view, but its not scalable with the increase of range and transmitters we added this year.

Same team as always @Winston Fit Orate. I haven't been on air much personally due the day job having a few challenges but I'm on air at the moment if anyone wants to suggest a song?

Glad the tech issues were for a good reason in the end, the stream has been great for a long time now. €2 is still not much to give, hopefully it won't deter people and ye' will raise a good bit of money. Also good job with the "Aware" ad's, they are not as depressing as some of the ones last year yet still get the story across and generally end on a positive note.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea the streaming on the app etc has picked up. Glad you got your issues sorted. Also have no problem with the €2 donation per text. Jays it isn't a huge amount of money (and I have no money) when you consider the cause it is going to. Keep up the good work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭liamo22

Ronan I would be interested to know what foreign press mentioned you this year? :)

A big thank you to all who tuned in today and contributed to donation day at the last count it was over 52,000 Euro raised today for Aware.

Liam cant remember the name of the paper off hand if was a few weeks ago at this stage.

Whom ever just text in 6 times for a shout out for the Boardies, thanks :)

;) No bother, loving your show and the station.

That's an amazing amount, wow!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Anyone else having issues with the app? It's seems to have stopped since about 7 last night. Nothing this morning either

Antibac wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the app? It's seems to have stopped since about 7 last night. Nothing this morning either

Worked okay for me this morning, I listen in every morning on the app. The issues I reported at the beginning are all addressed. The app cut it only once this morning. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

Neither app working for me today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I couldn't get the station in the car just now.

Advertisement