Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jeff Bezos - World's richest man is now single

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Noveight wrote: »
    Watch out Jeff.

Yeah she’s a triflin’, friend indeed...
    A gold-digger is, not exclusively but usually, a woman who marries a wealthy, generally much older man, purely for his money... and possibly an intention to engineer grounds for divorce in order to cash in on the settlement (unless there is a prenup).

Now, how is Jeff's ex wife an example of the above? Is every marriage involving a wealthy man, which does not last, due to a gold-digger? Or are there zero marriages involving wealthy men and a non gold-digging wife?

Men who are not fans of women tend to be Trump supporters but they never seem to acknowledge that Melania is a blatant gold-digger.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yeah, Wifehood entitlement.
    If you mean ceadaoin mentioning that the wife is entitled to half of everything, well she is, under the law there. She didn't say she agrees with it - she just said it is how things are. And she didn't mention anything about how it would relate to her. But that's not identity politics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Yeah, Wifehood entitlement.

She is entitled to half by law in their state of residence . Nothing to do with identity politics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,450 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    She is entitled to half by law in their state of residence . Nothing to do with identity politics

Half of what. Most of his worth is in assets and investments presumably.

Don't think he'll be made sell up everything.

kneemos wrote: »

Don't think he'll be made sell up everything.

I think they own a lot of land and properties also. I'm sure they'll come to an agreement. Or they already have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

It's rumored Jeff is already seeing someone - Lauren Sanchez, a former TV host. And at 49, a year older than his ex wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

A gold-digger is, not exclusively but usually, a woman who marries a wealthy, generally much older man, purely for his money... and possibly an intention to engineer grounds for divorce in order to cash in on the settlement (unless there is a prenup).

Now, how is Jeff's ex wife an example of the above? Is every marriage involving a wealthy man, which does not last, due to a gold-digger? Or are there zero marriages involving wealthy men and a non gold-digging wife?

Men who are not fans of women tend to be Trump supporters but they never seem to acknowledge that Melania is a blatant gold-digger.

This is nonsense. Melania would have divorced him by now if she wasn't happy, which clearly isn't the case.

Trump is an alpha male and a Nationalist who puts his foot down where Liberal beta males and cuckservatives don't. He stands up for the USA and takes China down a peg or two, be it with their unfair trade balance with America or their currency manipulation.

Western Liberals and Globalist cucks wanted to sell out America and Europe by sending all of its industry and military technology to China.

Trump will in time be proven to be one of the great American presidents like George Washington and Andrew Jackson. He is the ultimate no-nonsense tough guy that America needs with the Globalist cartels trying to empower China at every turn, and turn America into a third world country.

If I were Melania, I would be honoured to be the wife of one of the great American presidents along with Washington, Madison and Jackson. I'm sure she would feel insulted by your nonsense claims

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Make mental gymnastics great again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭0cp71eyxkb94qf

What do we want? Equality! When do we want it?! When I can take half my husband's estate! Wait what?!

What do we want? Equality! When do we want it?! When I can take half my husband's estate! Wait what?!
    Who said that?

• Advertisement

DS86DS wrote: »
    This is nonsense. Melania would have divorced him by now if she wasn't happy, which clearly isn't the case
    But she's still a gold digger (where did I say anything about her being unhappy?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

kneemos wrote: »

The vast bulk of Bezos' net worth is in Amazon stock. He owns around 15 percent of the company, or around 80 million shares, currently valued at around $1,660 each -- so that's around $133 billion worth of Amazon stock.

The core problem here is that any aggressive move by his wife that threatens to dilute Bezos's ownership or leadership of the company is likely to drive down the stock price significantly, leading to a scenario where they both lose wealth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,316 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

People are saying would they date/marry Besos, There's now a newly single woman who's potentially worth billions. Would I touch bezos? No. Her, probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭valoren

Incredibly wealthy woman set to become 'incrediblier wealthier' woman.

She'll get a hugemungous gaff, staffed to the brim, a charitable foundation in her name, A wad of AMZN stock, a bundle of cash.

People say Bezos is a sociopath, an almighty prick? The settlement will provide an indication of that i.e. she won't go for 50% if this is a civil split.

If the front given out about them remaining besties is actually true, then his wife will be happy with the above settlement.
    If she goes for the 'Jeffy, what have you done for me lately?' jugular, then it will indicate that Jeff is a prick and will get squeezed by his ex.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

To be fair Bezo's wife was there with him as a partnership from the very start. She's not some Instagram all pout and inflated arse vacant dolly bird who he married a year ago, who now wants payback for shagging him.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Keatsian

I think MacKenzie Bezoz looks great actually. And she studied English at Princeton. So she's got looks, intelligence, and a vast fortune.

They have been married since they were 23 or 24.

He was 29 when they got married, and she was 23. He's more than 6 years older than her -- he turns 55 on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

DS86DS wrote: »
    Trump is an alpha male

hahaha

- seriously, is this what you think of him, or are you quoting someone ?

• Advertisement

Wibbs wrote: »
    To be fair Bezo's wife was there with him as a partnership from the very start. She's not some Instagram all pout and inflated arse vacant dolly bird who he married a year ago, who now wants payback for shagging him.
    Jefferson Cuddly Sorcerer could not give the slightest hoot. His modus operandi is to just sh1t on a thread regarding male and female relations with short "so you're saying" posts implying some really hypocritical comment from women, which no woman here actually said or agreed with, and no evidence that women who do say such things identify as feminist. For example he said women here are saying gold digging is empowering when not one woman said such a thing. The chances of a gold digger being a feminist are actually slim - a tiny bit of thought would register this with someone.

Then he'll scuttle of like a rat and ignore requests for clarification.

This woman doesn't fit the profile of a gold digger at all - it's a divorce after 25 years and they met before he became rich. But some (as demonstrated on this thread) just see "rich man, divorce" - must be a gold digging whore, no need to do any research - just launch into the rambling. And they appear to have loads of insider info on the divorce settlement. Terrible breach of privacy by the couple's lawyers.

I totally get criticism of feminism today. I think it's doing huge damage and some of it is downright loony - it certainly doesn't speak for me. But that poster and two others are only using feminism as a handy (but transparent) cover for just disliking women.

And there is this contradictory position of criticising gold diggers (apart from Melania Trump because you can't be seen to criticise Donald Trump's missus) which they deserve, but also criticising career women, even though the latter are self sufficient which is surely preferable.

This woman doesn't fit the profile of a gold digger at all - it's a divorce after 25 years and they met before he became rich. But some (as demonstrated on this thread) just see "rich man, divorce" - must be a gold digging whore, no need to do any research - just launch into the rambling.

You are correct. They were never exactly poor -- they met when he, then vice president of an investment management firm in New York, interviewed her for a job -- but they married a year before he founded Amazon in their garage in 1994. She had no way of knowing at that time that her husband would one day be the wealthiest man in the world. She stayed largely out of the public eye during their 25-year marriage, focusing on raising their four children as well as developing her own career as a novelist. A few years ago, it was reported that she still drove their four kids to school and then dropped her husband off at work in their Honda. She more easily fits the profile of a suburban mother than of a gold-digger who set out to take a billionaire to the cleaners.

mvl wrote: »
    hahaha

- seriously, is this what you think of him, or are you quoting someone ?
    Mixture of the two. Those American websites use terms like "cuckservative", "beta", "globalist" (used incorrectly), "cuck" over and over and over and over and their fans lap it up and just insert it anywhere whatsoever, thinking they look brilliant.

Donald Trump the ultimate hard man when he cries like a little girl over people disagreeing with him?! They'll tell themselves anything. Same as deluded left-wingers - "Whatever I tell myself is true - doesn't matter that there is ample evidence to contradict it."

what about that guy in Star Trek a lot of girls were mad about, bald, late 50's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

"globalist" (used incorrectly)

When DS says "globalist" what he means is (((globalist))).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

what about that guy in Star Trek a lot of girls were mad about, bald, late 50's

Patrick Stewart? (age 78)
    Very charismatic an talented man what is the not to like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

And he's bald. If proof were needed there is no cure for baldness.

Nonsense, he just didn’t go for Amazon’s choice ;-)

470038.jpeg

It's not her husband's estate. they were married, she was there while he built it up, even quit her job and relocated for him to set up the business. they were a partnership and family. It's their estate.

Do people really think that women count for so little? Supports him their whole married life, raises their kids out of the spotlight, and she should be happy with whatever few scraps he decides to throw her?

Do people really think that women count for so little? Supports him their whole married life, raises their kids out of the spotlight, and she should be happy with whatever few scraps he decides to throw her?

She'll hardly get a "few scraps" however it ends up. Even if she gets just 1% of his net worth, she will still be a billionaire in her own right.

She'll hardly get a "few scraps" however it ends up. Even if she gets just 1% of his net worth, she will still be a billionaire in her own right.

Yes of course. Im just saying that people seem to think she shouldn't get anything at all. One poster said he rather burn the money than see a woman get her hands on it.

And again, after 25 years, its their money and estate rather than just his.

Yes of course. Im just saying that people seem to think she shouldn't get anything at all. One poster said he rather burn the money than see a woman get her hands on it.
    Didn't see that. How unhinged can you get.

Myshirt is another "throw in an inaccurate woman-hating comment and then scurry off like a rat" person.

I'd say only the real lunatics (who likely never have girlfriends anyway, hence the anger) would truly believe the mother of his four children who helped him build his company should get nothing or next to it. And I disagree with the automatic entitlement to half in all cases, but it's the immediate jumping to conclusions that she's an unscrupulous gold digger - and zero research first - while he is just a poor little victim who could not have done anything wrong, that's irking.

There was a completely moronic comment about how this very non descript unremarkable looking woman "has an odd look to her". I mean, just utterly desperate grappling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

You are correct. They were never exactly poor -- they met when he, then vice president of an investment management firm in New York, interviewed her for a job -- but they married a year before he founded Amazon in their garage in 1994. She had no way of knowing at that time that her husband would one day be the wealthiest man in the world. She stayed largely out of the public eye during their 25-year marriage, focusing on raising their four children as well as developing her own career as a novelist. A few years ago, it was reported that she still drove their four kids to school and then dropped her husband off at work in their Honda. She more easily fits the profile of a suburban mother than of a gold-digger who set out to take a billionaire to the cleaners.

And if the way the amazon staff at the bottom are treated says something about him, then she put up with him for 25 years.
    Interesting that he is chairman, CEO and president of Amazon.

Then again she could also be a weapon.

Their statement is one awful insipid pile of hogwash I have to say.
    "As our family and close friends know, after a long period of loving exploration and trial separation, we have decided to divorce and continue our shared lives as friends."...

"Though the labels might be different, we remain a family and we remain cherished friends," they said.

I do hope that isn't an indication of her writing style.

I am not allowed discuss …

That kind of viewpoint is a bit silly. She won't get half of his net worth -- but she will still end up one of the wealthiest women in the world, so she will have few complaints.
    jmayo wrote: »
    Their statement is one awful insipid pile of hogwash I have to say.

I do hope that isn't an indication of her writing style.

I'm guessing that was written by some hired PR person. I'd be very surprised if she wrote it.

Wibbs wrote: »

Oh of course. She's probably well paid for the privilege. What I'm saying is that she doesn't deserve half the man's personal wealth, by dilution of stock or otherwise. Why should someone, man or woman, have half of somebodies personal wealth just because he or she is married to them? You can't have entitlement if you want equality.

Gimme a Pound when you're ready to read threads, pay attention and stop resorting to personal abuse I'll debate with you. You seem very bitter so id advise you to sign up to your local gym and work it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Zorya wrote: »
    Very tricky for him dating in the future to know if someone loves him or his wealth. Tricky for his soon to be ex wife too. Wouldn't like it. To never be able to trust anyone.

Aye. Think I’d stay single and just date around if I was either of them. If I was him, I’d always have jonnies on me. No “accidental” pregnancies then!

So his wife left him?.......I hope she left him with one of the neighbours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

So his wife left him?.......I hope she left him with one of the neighbours.

That was funny when I heard it around midnight last night. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

Gimme a Pound when you're ready to read threads, pay attention and stop resorting to personal abuse I'll debate with you. You seem very bitter so id advise you to sign up to your local gym and work it out.

Pound isn't the one coming across as bitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭mvl

Why should someone, man or woman, have half of somebodies personal wealth just because he or she is married to them? You can't have entitlement if you want equality.

while being married the personal wealth is not as personal as you'd want, depends on the law. I prefer to think no one is above the law.

anyway on this - I wouldn't have bothered with the divorce at all : can't they have everything else they need without one... unless one of the new partners wants the spouse privilege ?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

mvl wrote: »
    while being married the personal wealth is not as personal as you'd want, depends on the law. I prefer to think no one is above the law.

anyway on this - I wouldn't have bothered with the divorce at all : can't they have everything else they need without one... unless one of the new partners wants the spouse privilege ?!?

Of course they might marry again? In fact no doubt that they will.

Also maybe out of respect to their kids they didn't want to be involved in a sham marriage and dl things in a more dignified matter by dissolving the marriage legally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Wife is getting 70 billion USD in the divorce.

Why does anyone with money risk marriage in the States?

A Prenup is not worth the paper it's written on.

Wife is getting 70 billion USD in the divorce.
    Has this been published somewhere? Are none of the assets hers/also hers?

What I'm saying is that she doesn't deserve half the man's personal wealth, by dilution of stock or otherwise. Why should someone, man or woman, have half of somebodies personal wealth just because he or she is married to them? You can't have entitlement if you want equality.
    Yeah it isn't a fair system that someone should have half of someone else's assets, absolutely. But are some not her assets or joint assets? She was working alongside him. Has she demanded half? And I don't think every woman who agrees with the 50/50 thing is a feminist either.

Gimme a Pound when you're ready to read threads, pay attention and stop resorting to personal abuse I'll debate with you. You seem very bitter
    But what I said isn't untrue. That is what you have been doing - I have read your posts. You have said - and I'm not distorting anything, you actually said it - that women here think it's "perfectly ok" for all men to be considered potential rapists because of "a couple of" (meaning two) bad apples. We have partners, husbands, fathers, brothers, sons, grandfathers, nephews, uncles, male friends whom we love greatly - how low can a person's opinion of women be if they genuinely think that we think something so hideous about all men?

You have also falsely said that we claim men with "any" - not certain, any - physical preferences are sexist pigs. When absolutely nobody said that (if that French dude fancies much younger women than his own age group, it is entirely a preference he is entitled to - what women took issue with was all the insults being thrown at women here; not by the French guy) and when there's a long-running thread called "The most beautiful women in the world" here and no women have a problem with it; in fact they contribute to it.

It's easy to just drop those comments in and then scuttle off but it only looks like being provocative for the sake of it rather than discussion.

If men (not just you at all) are going to throw unsubstantiated insults (like repeated gold-digger pot shots even in relation to someone who wasn't a gold digger at all) at women on this thread and other current ones, and if refuting them in a forthright manner is bitter... so be it. But I'm not the one making such comments about men.

So now bezos is investigating whether Trump was behind the leaked messages to his mistress coming out

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019/01/jeff-bezos-leaked-texts-investigation

I don't know, I think he should be looking closer to home, at his affair partner perhaps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

In fairness to him, he has aged very well

596cd260a47cb56b008b4a01-750-477.jpg
    Life goals:

1. Get rich.
    2. Become Schillinger from Oz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

It's rumored Jeff is already seeing someone - Lauren Sanchez, a former TV host. And at 49, a year older than his ex wife.
    Googled her. Has to be said she's fairly stunning, and I've no doubt it didn't go unnoticed by bezos that she's got a figure to put most 20 somethings to shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

In fairness to him, he has aged very well

596cd260a47cb56b008b4a01-750-477.jpg

Some transformation alright, from runt to action hero

Bald and muscular is a good combination

No doubt best supplements money can buy :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Now that he's single he should learn some game for fun.

What most men don't realise is that they have the potential to be good at approaching women during the daytime in the street. It can be very scary at first but it is worth it to learn a life long skill most people will never attain. Not only that you get to connect with people in a genuine way and offer value to the world. The video below gives some advise.
    The guy is the richest man on planet earth, he needs nothing beyond a vasectomy.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement

Here's some more advice.

Get help.

Advertisement