Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeff Bezos - World's richest man is now single

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

greencap wrote: »
    oh my god if a woman divorces him and gets anything more than 1 mansion, or 1% of his billions I don't know what I'll do.

how can this kind of thing continue.

no particular admiration for the guy, but how many 90 hour weeks must he have put in to get that high in the stratosphere.

and in the US business culture. where they'll eat you alive, or take out a hundred year court case just to bankrupt you.

and then its 'well I felt emotionally abandoned. so that'll be 50%'

i'd close amazon down. put it all into a big pile of money and a can of petrol.

How do you know what financial legal arrangement they have. They also have 4 kids together so they are still a family and always will be. Money is not anything to consider here as it is infinite.

You are talking nonsense. They have been married since they were 23 or 24.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

oh my god if a woman divorces him and gets anything more than 1 mansion, or 1% of his billions I don't know what I'll do.

no particular admiration for the guy, but how many 90 hour weeks must he have put in to get that high in the stratosphere.

and in the US business culture. where they'll eat you alive, or take out a hundred year court case just to bankrupt you.

It doesn't really matter both of them will have more money than they could spend in a life time.
    Then it will go to their children who will each have more money than they can spend.
    The money will last for many generations.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    He's the richest man in the world.

Bezos is not as rich as Putin
    Last year, Hermitage Capital Management CEO Bill Browder told the Senate Judiciary Committee that he believes the Russian president is "the richest man in the world" with a net worth of $200 billion. Browder has some bona fides to back up his Russia connections; the financier's firm was once the largest portfolio investor in Russia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

She has indeed. I’ll put her on my over 50 list.

She's 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

That's just pathetic.

If you really think that, I don't know how you can live your life so consumed with bitterness. In the real world marriages are partnerships. Couples support each other and make sacrifices so that they can achieve their aims. She gave up her job so that they could move across the country and he could start his book selling business. They have a lot of land and property they have amassed together, as a family. She deserves a lot more than one mansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I think it's safe to now declare a state of emergency. There is a gold digging whore epidemic and no one is talking about it. Another attempt to chop down a good man. A man who has created a lot of employment and achieved a lot.

Why can't she just walk away without sticking the paw out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

I would give him a blowie for 1bn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

That's just pathetic.

If you really think that, I don't know how you can live your life so consumed with bitterness. In the real world marriages are partnerships. Couples support each other and make sacrifices so that they can achieve their aims. She gave up her job so that they could move across the country and he could start his book selling business. They have a lot of land and property they have amassed together, as a family. She deserves a lot more than one mansion.

lol. guys my heads fking exploding here.

well actually it almost folded in on itself, until ceadaoin made a fair point.

she gave up her job, and they built assets together, so for that ok fair enough she deserves some share.

but i pray to all that is holy that the lawyers would analyse any distribution down to the cent, so that she gets fair compensation for her role only, and not a giant share of the enterprise which he undertook, and designed and put his inherent skills and inspiration into and probably sweated his arse off for to an almost inhuman level.

how are calculations being made in these things?

my snuggles lead to you being in the correct state of mind to design the north american distribution AI system.

so .... that'll be 700 million.
    lets move on to tender moments ...

myshirt wrote: »
    I think it's safe to now declare a state of emergency. There is a gold digging whore epidemic and no one is talking about it. Another attempt to chop down a good man. A man who has created a lot of employment and achieved a lot.

There is NO way this can be classified as gold digging. Christ. They married in their early 20s, have 4 kids. She was with him all the was as he built the company up.

There is NO way this can be classified as gold digging. Christ. They married in their early 20s, have 4 kids. She was with him all the was as he built the company up.

If she was senior staff then thats a fair point.

There was some athletes wife in the US, can't recall the name, basketball player.

Took him for half.

How much can you actually be contributing from the sidelines.

Has there ever been a recorded case of 'the missus wasn't cheering me from the sidelines so I couldn't score that point'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

AllForIt wrote: »

Would you date someone for the richness if not the dishyness?

Or would you prefer a romance with a youthfully fit Amazon Jungle native with a big spear?

Ah yes, the two genders.

Are you The Joker, m8?

Exactly and who here would turn down billions that they are legally entitled to.
    The split will depend on Washington state divorce laws. If you decide to live there you live by the laws of the state.

He will just have to survive on 60 - 70 billion for the next 30-40 years of his life.

His main worry will actually be to hold on to enough Amazon stock to have enough voting power within the company. If he can manage that he will be very happy as they seem to be divorcing on relatively good terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

Supposed to be an almighty pr1ck

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Supposed to be an almighty pr1ck

Both of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,090 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I would give him a blowie for 1bn

1bn coming up

You forgot the $ sign baby oral contract Jeff is on his way being carried by an array of amazon drones. You fudged

tuxy wrote: »
    Exactly and who here would turn down billions that they are legally entitled to.
    The split will depend on Washington state divorce laws. If you decide to live there you live by the laws of the state.

He will just have to survive on 60 - 70 billion for the next 30-40 years of his life.

His main worry will actually be to hold on to enough Amazon stock to have enough voting power within the company. If he can manage that he will be very happy as they seem to be divorcing on relatively good terms.

Don't get married. <

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Washington is a community property state. Everything accrued since the marriage is considered to be owned equally.

That's the law. People like greencap will just have to be needlessly bitter about it. For all we know, Jeff bezos is happy to split everything. It's not like he'll be left broke is it? And he will continue to earn billions after the divorce I'm sure.

Don't get married. <

Would it be ok to get married while I'm a pauper? Or is it not worth the risk in case I win the lotto(even though I don't play)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭circadian

lol. guys my heads fking exploding here.

well actually it almost folded in on itself, until ceadaoin made a fair point.

she gave up her job, and they built assets together, so for that ok fair enough she deserves some share.

but i pray to all that is holy that the lawyers would analyse any distribution down to the cent, so that she gets fair compensation for her role only, and not a giant share of the enterprise which he undertook, and designed and put his inherent skills and inspiration into and probably sweated his arse off for to an almost inhuman level.

how are calculations being made in these things?

my snuggles lead to you being in the correct state of mind to design the north american distribution AI system.

so .... that'll be 700 million.
    lets move on to tender moments ...

Catch yourself on mate.

Washington is a community property state. Everything accrued since the marriage is considered to be owned equally.

That's the law. People like greencap will just have to be needlessly bitter about it. For all we know, Jeff bezos is happy to split everything. It's not like he'll be left broke is it? And he will continue to earn billions after the divorce I'm sure.

I know! he should have moved to Portland and had a helicopter fly him to work every day.

• Advertisement

WTF is with the 2 line spacing after every few words.

IF the non self aware bitterness towards women (looking at some of his past posts) isn't bad enough he has to take up half the page to enforce it on us

this has to be an organized trolling.

come on now. moderators.

they're going after my spacing.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭AskMeBollix

He can enjoy his prime now

this has to be an organized trolling.

come on now. moderators.

they're going after my spacing.

Im

so

so

sorry

hqdefault.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Be a good while before his ex has to chow down on d ick again, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭DS86DS

There will always be some degenerate who will give these Globalists their hand in marriage. Just as with other Globalists like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

Maybe he should find a wife in the Chinese Communist Party seen as him and his ilk are so keen so sell out Western military and government secrets by setting up base in China and selling secrets to the CCP.

These people who run Big Tech are the Devil, I'm sure he'll find a woman who is evil and sociopathic enough to date just like Facebook and Apple and their slave factories in China...and selling military and government secrets to the Globalist backed Chinese Communist Party

Personally if I were a woman I would not marry evil Big Tech moguls like Bezos and Zuckerberg who are selling out the West and it's people and handing the keys of power to Communists in Beijing.

It has already been proven that the CCP is getting Tech manufacturers working in China to put spy chips into phones destined for Western consumers.

Many people using their slavery produced phones will have no idea that the CCP are spying on them.

I would rather have a clear conscience than to be aligned with such evil. But then again some people care not a jolt for morality and humanity and only want to live a wealthy lifestyle.

DS86DS wrote: »
    There will always be some degenerate who will give these Globalists their hand in marriage. Just as with other Globalists like Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg.

All of them three of them met their partners before they were wealthy?
    How did these women know! they must have intelligence that far exceeds the men they married they they know for sure they were starting a relationship with a future multi billionaire.

Not going to comment on the rest of the post as I've misplaced my tin foil hat so it's not safe to continue.

All of them three of them met their partners before they were wealthy?
    How did these women know! they must have intelligence that far exceeds the men they married they they know for sure they were starting a relationship with a future multi billionaire.

Not going to comment on the rest of the post as I've misplaced my tin foil hat so it's not safe to continue.

I don't think its a case of clairvoyance or some kind of scheming to marry a future billionaire.

But more a question of what has this woman done to justify the figure of which she will benefit post divorce.

Is marriage a business contract?

How would a woman calculate the percentage of her husbands earnings she is entitled to from a divorce?

Is there a ceiling to the number?

If for example I was working directly with an engineer on a design I would be morally entitled to some of the earnings of that design, because I helped design it.

The greater the share of time spent, and quality of work done, the greater should be my share.

If I was a more indirect role, who did some part time work, then certainly I deserve to be compensated, but how much of the products earnings should I be entitled to if the engineer really makes an amazing product that earns billions.

I just don't see the formula which would justify 50% of a mans estate.
    Certainly not beyond a number in the early millions.

'I stood by this man and loved and comforted him, we had kids together' is certainly some justification for the means to be supported in the future, after all you bore his/your children, and they need to be taken care of.

So in the case of a very rich man, thats justification for a number probably up to the early millions.
    But beyond that, what more do you need? And how do you justify the mounting millions or even tens of millions.
    Your offspring are in the world, and very well cared for and comforted.
    Your emotional investment and time have been compensated.
    Your future is financially secure to a well above median level.

Why would you be entitled to more?
    Did you help with the structure or products of the business?
    Did you come up with an idea, or coach him to come up with an idea?

Whats the logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

nullzero wrote: »
    His (now ex) trouble and strife has an odd look to her.
    In what way does she have an odd look to her? She just looks completely normal.
    myshirt wrote: »

What attempt to chop him down? Some here argue he is not a good man (I don't know much about him so I can't confirm or deny it). She is his ex wife - was his wife for 25 years from a young age before he became rich, helped him to build Amazon and they had four children together - how is this an example of being a gold-digger, do tell? What information do you have on the divorce settlement? Their marriage has ended - it happens all the time, what on earth are you on about? Another woman-hater.

How is there an epidemic of this too? Is it all over your neighbourhood for example? And plenty of people talk about gold-digging.

Advertisement