Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever been in love in the romantic sense?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

Yeah definitely

When I met my boyfriend. We are together almost 5 years.

Id never been in love beforehand but I truly feel its the real thing!

The first few months it honestly felt like I was under the influence of something! As cringe as that sounds.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I think this topic came up here, or on another thread, but I've never found love to be a particularly relaxing time. In many ways, you have now assumed all of your girlfriends worries and concerns, and are now worrying for two. But she has yours also, of course.
    Good point M and I'd agree. Though too often I've found myself being the one doing more of the worrying. Maybe it's down to who I've gone for in the past, but god there was always some small usually inconsequential fire or other that needed to be put out and yes it's anything but relaxing alright. It can be a bloody head melt.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Yes, I notice this also in relationships where people keep a veritable ledger of compromises... "We did X for you, so the least you could do is do Y for me, now". I don't think that's love, that's a business transaction.

Not saying that we should be walkovers either, and constantly acquiesce to things for the sake of love. But there is a middle ground where you can both approach, and solve problems as a couple. When it goes right, it's just wonderful.

Relationships should be reciprocal rather than transactional.
    Anyone want to tell me what a plate is?

It's sort of like a flat bowl. Very difficult to eat cereal out of though. No idea who invented them.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Hiitsme

Yep. Its like... I dunno. It's hard to describe but definitely unmistakable.

At peaks it was like having some kind of emotional orgasm and from day to day it was this kind of happy hazy silliness.

This is a simple yet great description. I have been in love many times, including unrequited love which is ultimately heartbreaking but still great when you are in the throws of it. I love being in love. It's like a wonderful drug.

Don't give up on finding love. You can find love at any age.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Gruffalox wrote: »
    He was wearing cut up denim shorts, sandals, a short sleeved shirt open down the front- it was a warm place abroad. He worn a red bandana knotted around his neck and his hair was curly and shoulder length.

845fa8895c80ee970457d9e3c9f47806.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭JoChervil

Yes, I notice this also in relationships where people keep a veritable ledger of compromises... "We did X for you, so the least you could do is do Y for me, now". I don't think that's love, that's a business transaction.

Not saying that we should be walkovers either, and constantly acquiesce to things for the sake of love. But there is a middle ground where you can both approach, and solve problems as a couple. When it goes right, it's just wonderful.

I think this topic came up here, or on another thread, but I've never found love to be a particularly relaxing time. In many ways, you have now assumed all of your girlfriends worries and concerns, and are now worrying for two. But she has yours also, of course. That inter-reliance is great training for how to behave in the world, it gets people out of that tendency towards self-involvement. But as you say, only when it is working properly.

Worries belong to the future. I find that love keeps me in the present time. When I am in the arms of a person I love, the world stands still. Everything is perfect. I don’t need to worry about anything, I don’t need to rush to do anything. Just being here and now with that person is where I should and want to be and what I should and want to do. Such a perfect peace of mind an body. A bliss.

And I can evoke that blissful feeling whenever I like, even when we are worlds apart and for a long period of time. It gives me a huge comfort and energy.

Advertisement