Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FF/FG/Green Government - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66,851 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

More trouble for the Greens. Serious allegations here.

The former chairwoman of the Young Greens has claimed the party did nothing when she reported alleged sexual harassment.

Tara Gilsenan, who recently left the party, says that she and another member reported the incidents to the party and, when nothing was done, she felt she had no other choice but to speak openly about the issue in her speech during the convention.

She said a member of the Young Greens began harassing another girl, "and eventually moved on and came for me".

Ms Gilsenan says the person would touch her inappropriately and make comments on her appearance and body.

"I didn't know what to do," she said. "When I rejected them, it pissed them off, they started talking over and down to me."

She said she eventually reported the situation to senior members who took notes and they said they would do something. However, she said nothing ever happened.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40076093.html

• Registered Users Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

More trouble for the Greens. Serious allegations here.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40076093.html

Hopefully this will be dealt with. Can't have the Greens sinking to the depths of Sinn Fein and ignoring these issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

blanch152 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will be dealt with. Can't have the Greens sinking to the depths of Sinn Fein and ignoring these issues.

She probably tried telling Ryan but he was having a wee nap.

blanch152 wrote: »

That's internal bullying and sexual harrassment claims that have been made. Can you as a supporter point to any actions that have been taken? Without deflecting to another party.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That's internal bullying and sexual harrassment claims that have been made. Can you as a supporter point to any actions that have been taken? Without deflecting to another party.

Seems to go on in most parties Francie

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/election-2020-sinn-f-in-has-not-learned-lesson-over-bullying-claims-wtzrq5xm6

Can you as a supporter point to any action taken?

• Advertisement

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/election-2020-sinn-f-in-has-not-learned-lesson-over-bullying-claims-wtzrq5xm6

This isn't a SF thread is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭joeguevara

grayzer75 wrote: »
    This isn't a SF thread is it?

Your last two posts on the SF thread are about FF/FG. Make up your mind.

Yes, I do believe it was discussed on the relevant thread. As this is a thread about the 3 government parties maybe you should head to that thread and discuss it.

For a guy who decries the moderation on radio programmes and the inability of presenters to keep discussions on topic, you sure make a huge effort to derail discussions around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

joeguevara wrote: »

One lad in here was bemoaning the official FG Twitter feed being linked to in the actual FG thread. :pac:

Not that it's any of your business but the last post was about social housing you. Creep.

• Advertisement

Not that it's any of your business but the last post was about social housing you. Creep.

It was specifically in relation to FF/FG.

And how dare you call someone a creep for having a look at your hypocrisy when you were also randomly posting abount another posters questions.

It was specifically in relation to FF/FG.

It was answering a post relating to social housing in the north. Go back to bed.

It was answering a post relating to social housing in the north. Go back to bed.

On my lunch in work.

Your hypocrisy astounds me.

On my lunch in work.

Your hypocrisy astounds me.

Your creeping astounds me.

Your creeping astounds me.

Apologies for pointing out your hypocrisy on a public forum.

Apologies for pointing out your hypocrisy on a public forum.

Nope. Wrong. Creep.

No issue with somebody referencing other parties at all, and would never describe it as an attempt to divert.

What was done here was a blatant attempt to deflect from the actions or inactions of an on topic government party.

No issue with somebody referencing other parties at all, and would never describe it as an attempt to divert.

What was done here was a blatant attempt to deflect from the actions or inactions of an on topic government party.

At least you didn't call someone a creep Francie. I dont think it was an attempt to divert, just a comparison as a question was asked what the member knew of actions taken. Firstly there is no evidence that an allegation was made only someone looking for media attention. Secondly it would not be made public, same way that someone working in a company wouldnt know that HR actions are in force. But I think you already knew that.

But my dear friend Grayzer seemed to use the Is it a SF thread immediately without warrant while regularly raising FF/FG out of context in the SFR thread to deflect from real questions.

At least you didn't call someone a creep Francie. I dont think it was an attempt to divert, just a comparison as a question was asked what the member knew of actions taken. Firstly there is no evidence that an allegation was made only someone looking for media attention. Secondly it would not be made public, same way that someone working in a company wouldnt know that HR actions are in force. But I think you already knew that.

But my dear friend Grayzer seemed to use the Is it a SF thread immediately without warrant while regularly raising FF/FG out of context in the SFR thread to deflect from real questions.

I disagree about that. It was an a clear attempt by Brendi to divert as the poster made absolutely no comment on what was claimed/alleged about the government party involved.

So you claim that the alleged victim was 'seeking attention'? Would that be defined as 'victim blaming'?

3-4 women have complained of a
    "toxicity" within the party, including issues with sexism and complaints procedures

Now correct me if I am wrong, but when complaints were made in other parties the leaders very much publicly addressed them outlining what actions would be taken.

Has this happened with these allegations do you know?

I disagree about that. It was an a clear attempt by Brendi to divert as the poster made absolutely no comment on what was claimed/alleged about the government party involved.

So you claim that the alleged victim was 'seeking attention'? Would that be defined as 'victim blaming'?

3-4 women have complained of a

Now correct me if I am wrong, but when complaints were made in other parties the leaders very much publicly addressed them outlining what actions would be taken.

Has this happened with these allegations do you know?

I have never heard of any party publicly discussing actions prior to a final decision. Similar to lets say a private company. As it would be a breach of innocent until proven guilty. Do you have any examples? Do you know whether they had indeed made any formal complaints?

I don't think its considered victim blaming if a person is called out on going to media without concluding appropriate channels.

• Advertisement

I have never heard of any party publicly discussing actions prior to a final decision. Similar to lets say a private company. As it would be a breach of innocent until proven guilty. Do you have any examples? Do you know whether they had indeed made any formal complaints?

I don't think its considered victim blaming if a person is called out on going to media without concluding appropriate channels.

I specifically asked has the leader addressed these allegations (nobody has been named) and outlined a course of action?

One of the allegations by the way was that the party has no policy on harassment.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,201 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

joeguevara and grayzer75 let's get back to the topic of the thread please

I specifically asked has the leader addressed these allegations (nobody has been named) and outlined a course of action?

One of the allegations by the way was that the party has no policy on harassment.

Are the allegations not ongoing?

joeguevara and grayzer75 let's get back to the topic of the thread please

Apologies.

Are the allegations not ongoing?

Apparently, yes they are. Are they being investigated though.

Are you aware of a statement from the leader about what actions will or won't be taken.

Other leaders have addressed these issues, as I have said, outlining what will be done.

If you aren't aware of one, that's fine.

Apparently, yes they are. Are they being investigated though.

Are you aware of a statement from the leader about what actions will or won't be taken.

Other leaders have addressed these issues, as I have said, outlining what will be done.

If you aren't aware of one, that's fine.

As you are aware I have no affiliations or like for any political party. I don't know of any party that comments on actions taken in an ongoing sexual harassment case. Similarly its very rare that they comment on a concluded sexual harassment case.

But to answer your question I am not aware of one.

As you are aware I have no affiliations or like for any political party. I don't know of any party that comments on actions taken in an ongoing sexual harassment case. Similarly its very rare that they comment on a concluded sexual harassment case.

But to answer your question I am not aware of one.

I didn't ask you about 'the specific case'.

I asked has the party leader addressed the allegations from different sources of sexual harassment, bullying and sexism with in the party?

You are either aware of a statement or you aren't.

I didn't ask you about 'the specific case'.

I asked has the party leader addressed the allegations from different sources of sexual harassment, bullying and sexism with in the party?

You are either aware of a statement or you aren't.

I answered in my previous post. I wasnt aware of one. Are you?

I answered in my previous post. I wasnt aware of one. Are you?

No.

Perhaps some of the Green supporters might know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,056 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Yes, I do believe it was discussed on the relevant thread. As this is a thread about the 3 government parties maybe you should head to that thread and discuss it.

For a guy who decries the moderation on radio programmes and the inability of presenters to keep discussions on topic, you sure make a huge effort to derail discussions around here.

Francie, you keep saying that I am trying to “derail” threads.

You accuse me of ‘decrying ’ moderation on radio programmes.

Guilty m’lud, as charged- that’s my opinion.

Listen to the programme.

As I said before, the person who fly tips rubbish has not credibility campaigning against others who do the same thing.

It’s a discussion Francie, if you have a dog in the fight, you have to expect he will get attacked

You can’t attack a party for doing one thing on one thread and defend another party for the same thing on another thread.

Totally ridiculous.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement