Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky On-Demand (formerly Anytime) [Merged]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 owensheehan

Just Noticed you don't have to go back to the Download screen, you just wait on the Anytime/ondemand screen and the program becomes available. So its not as quick as netflix but fast enough once you don't have a queue and if you decide you dont want to watch something but want to watch something else you have to stop the on going download of the original program (if its ongoing) before the new on will begin to download. Also you can only fast forward up to where you have downloaded, unlike netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

Surely it is only a matter of time that we will have RTE, TV3, TG4 Players available through the service?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

glineli wrote: »
    Same as that, pure annoying

I'm onto them via twitter. So far they've sent me a new link to try and to try a different browser.

No joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Where's everyone seeing ITV player? Got OnDemand activated and have the new library and selections. Can't see anything relating to ITV player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭p.oconnor

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Where's everyone seeing ITV player? Got OnDemand activated and have the new library and selections. Can't see anything relating to ITV player though.

On my box its Library, Channels and its the first one that appears.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

p.oconnor wrote: »
    On my box its Library, Channels and its the first one that appears.

Aah thanks. There for me too.

Just had a look. Seems mostly to be shows from the archive in there. Not really a 'catch up' service we're getting unfortunately. Although I wasn't expecting any sort of service from ITV so suppose it's a plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

p.oconnor wrote: »
    Surely it is only a matter of time that we will have RTE, TV3, TG4 Players available through the service?

Response to this from SKY
    Good Afternoon. At the moment we have no plans to introduce this however we may look at this in the future, as we continue to improve the On Demand service. Thanks, Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

Do the 4 new tabs...ie library showcase etc have to be downloaded automatically ie overnight...all i have is sky store??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

The wireless box is only a one of payment, isn't it? It's just when i went to order it, it says an extra 13 Euro a month on my bill and a one off payment of 13 Euro through my credit card. Am i missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Did my only yadayada, found another wireless usb adapter for the mammys computer, moved the internet box near the telly, connected the ethernet and bobs your aunt fannys husband there it was. Haven't had a chance to have a good shufti at it, but it seems reasonable for day one. Haven't seen much on the showcase part yet though. And it is a shame we canni get BBC iPlayer. I mean come on BBC get with the programme. I mean we don't even get ITV on Sky in Ireland (officially) but we are getting ITV Player. Yet we get BBC in Ireland on Sky and no iPlayer. I'd also like 4OD, but then I think even Sky On Demand in the UK hasn't got that yet, I believe they are getting it before years end though so hopefully it'l roll out or way too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭UTCGMT01

nocoverart wrote: »
    The wireless box is only a one of payment, isn't it? It's just when i went to order it, it says an extra 13 Euro a month on my bill and a one off payment of 13 Euro through my credit card. Am i missing something?

how does this wireless adaptor connect to sky + box

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Jaffusmaximus

I am using my laptop as a wireless router, just bridged the laptops wireless and the Sky Box LAN then restarted the sky box then bingo it fired up. I still had to activate it on the sky website!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭peking97

lpool2k05 wrote: »
    Do the 4 new tabs...ie library showcase etc have to be downloaded automatically ie overnight...all i have is sky store??

No. The tabs appear following activation of the service. At least mine did but I already had the wired ethernet connection in place. HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am using my laptop as a wireless router, just bridged the laptops wireless and the Sky Box LAN then restarted the sky box then bingo it fired up. I still had to activate it on the sky website!

Wait how do I do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

UTCGMT01 wrote: »
    how does this wireless adaptor connect to sky + box

You hook it up to the power socket and an either net cable goes from it to the sky box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭zg3409

Will this work on old non HD white plus (+) boxes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

mad muffin wrote: »
    You hook it up to the power socket and an either net cable goes from it to the sky box.

That's if you can actually complete an order for one! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Batesy wrote: »
    That's if you can actually complete an order for one! :)

I haven't tried. I was going to but decided to hook up my modem to the box, to see if on demand would be worthwhile, as I have a long enough cable.

Not really bothered with on demand as I only watch shows in HD now.

The HD selection is to small for me to bother.

hdowney wrote: »
    Wait how do I do this?

Yòu need a laptop and an Ethernet cable.

Connect the Ethernet cable to the laptop from the sky box while making sure you are connected wirelessly to the Internet.

Go to control panel...network and internet...network settings. Then Ctrl select both your wireless connection and the sky box connection.

Right click and select bridge connection.

You will need to power off and on the sky box but should then work. You will need to delete your bridge connection to allow your laptop to use the Internet again once finished.

I did this because my router is too far from my sky box and I really wanted to see what the fuss is about. Seems great I am download season me of trolled as we speak!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭UTCGMT01

my sky plus box does not have an ethernet port, just a phone line port

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Chicken Run

I have the white PACE 6.3.18 Sky+ box

Am I correct in thinking I can't get On Demand then ??

(can't find a list of compatible boxes anywhere - they all seem to refer to Sky+ HD which I don't have)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

OK, so i hooked up my ethernet cable to the sky box and it says you are now connected to the internet, but I'm not getting anything but the anytime i already had. My box is the Siemens and i haven't got the new EPG update yet... so do you need the new update to get the demand service?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Are rte and tv3 player on there? just ordered the wireless box.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Trying to order 2 wireless connectors. It won't let me add more than one. I guess its a call to Sky CS and do a phone order :(

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Nibs05

How long does it take to activate ?

I activated it on my sky website a couple of hours ago and still showing the old on demand menu, done a force update but still nothing, connected up broadband router and checked its ok

Box is drx890
    Version 4f3106

I found this useful review of the service, I'm sure a lot does not apply but It gives an idea what he fuss is all about.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/sky-anytime-service_TV-recorder---set-top-box_review_features-and-services_Page-2#tr-review-summary

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I wonder if u went to one of those sky guts u see in shopping centres could they order the wireless connecter for you

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

€12.99 for this? bloody sky

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Tardis

I've received a tweet from the sky help team saying to expect a direct message from them before noon tomorrow. I'll inform you of any suggestions it may contain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Might be a stupid question do you also need a phone line connected to sky box or just modem

Advertisement