Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Where's my horse?" Owner claims Garda told him to "Check Tesco"

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I don't care about either the guard or the horses owner. I'd like to know more about the horses and what did happen to them though. I've seen starving horses in fields and it sickens me how they're treated. It's disgusting the way people can get away with mistreating horses.

Daddy took them to France(via a British abattoir).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭Femme_Fatale

In your opinion, and absolutely nothing more than that.
    If it's grounded in fact, then it actually is more than an opinion.

Not saying there aren't ****bags who antagonise guards - obviously there are loads, but there are also power-tripping guards who don't need any provocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

So from reading this thread I understand that it is ok for someone to verbally abuse a member of the Gardai and tell him to **** off but to refer to someone as a pikey is a "hate crime"

Am I missing anything?

Nobody said it was ok to abuse a gardai, just expect better from them when dealing with the public. They should set a higher standard for themselves. It only takes a handful of gob****e's to make the job harder for the majority.

The problem with Seamus's post was that a person shouldnt be believed in court on the basis that they are a "pikey".
    seamus wrote: »
    Well we don't know if he was provoked by the Garda, it's a pikey's word in court.

The fact that Seamus thanked your post means that he still thinks it was ok to make that comment. That makes me lol because you see him wandering from thread to thread on this website passing comment about all that is wrong in the world without looking himself in the mirror. Bravo Sir! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭redtapestyl

the poor horses, I've seen the way these horses are treated and neglected by a certain community, tied up in fields tethered to a stone with no shelter from heat, rain , wind, etc, they can hardly move. during the heatwave in June they were dying of dehydration. and then they seem to be allowed bring them out onto main roads with 12 year olds on their back , no saddle or safety gear causing danger to themselves and other tax paying motorists trying to use the road.

there's a saying that only the very rich and the very poor keep horses, so true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭gobnaitolunacy

srm23 wrote: »
    do you work for Tesco?

Ah hahaha, you so funny.

No.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

If it's grounded in fact, then it actually is more than an opinion.

Not saying there aren't ****bags who antagonise guards - obviously there are loads, but there are also power-tripping guards who don't need any provocation.

This thread is very short on facts, but long on hearsay & rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

So from reading this thread I understand that it is ok for someone to verbally abuse a member of the Gardai and tell him to **** off but to refer to someone as a pikey is a "hate crime"

Am I missing anything?

Yes, you missed the part where the Gardaí verbally abused first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭MyKeyG

I personally didn't say it was OK to abuse guards I'm not even having a go at the Guard I actually thought it was quite funny I'm just amazed at the people who seem to think guards aren't capable of provocation as if 18 months in Templemore blessed them with some sort of super human tolerance and civility. The Judge in this case isn't clairvoyant. He should have said nothing about whether the guard said it or not.

MyKeyG wrote: »
    I personally didn't say it was OK to abuse guards I'm not even having a go at the Guard I actually thought it was quite funny I'm just amazed at the people who seem to think guards aren't capable of provocation as if 18 months in Templemore blessed them with some sort of super human tolerance and civility. The Judge in this case isn't clairvoyant. He should have said nothing about whether the guard said it or not.

The career criminal had made an allegation, the judge had to address it.
    Since clairvoyancy is a sham, I presume that the judge thought the same of this guy's defence.

The career criminal had made an allegation, the judge had to address it.
    Since clairvoyancy is a sham, I presume that the judge thought the same of this guy's defence.

He was far from a career criminal, stop making up stuff.

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    He was far from a career criminal, stop making up stuff.

Oh, when the defendant himself says he's been "in & out of trouble" over the years, I think you can be assured he's no choirboy.
    As for making stuff up, seems the defendant is well capable of that all by himself.

Oh, when the defendant himself says he's been "in & out of trouble" over the years, I think you can be assured he's no choirboy.
    As for making stuff up, seems the defendant is well capable of that all by himself.
    He told Judge Eugene O’Kelly that he had been “in and out of trouble” in the past but hadn’t been in trouble for the last “seven or eight years”.

Seems you only read what you want to see. Hardly a career criminal by any stretch. Never suggested he was a choirboy but some people are having trouble sticking to the facts at hand.

There is no evidence to suggest he made it up, just that the judge was unwilling to accept it and "hoped" that he didnt say it because the Garda didnt bother showing up in court to be questioned on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭mitosis

Seems you only read what you want to see. Hardly a career criminal by any stretch. Never suggested he was a choirboy but some people are having trouble sticking to the facts at hand.

There is no evidence to suggest he made it up, just that the judge was unwilling to accept it and "hoped" that he didnt say it because the Garda didnt bother showing up in court to be questioned on it.

Was he under oath when he said he hadn't been in trouble for 7/8 years?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2009/0325/world/four-remanded-over-disturbances-87584.html

mitosis wrote: »
    Was he under oath when he said he hadn't been in trouble for 7/8 years?

http://www.irishexaminer.com/archives/2009/0325/world/four-remanded-over-disturbances-87584.html

I'm sure the DPP was aware of his criminal record and would have pulled him on that statement if it wasnt true.

That article says he was granted bail over alleged charges, doesnt look like he was prosecuted for anything.

Still, career criminal is a very inaccurate description for someone that has been up in court for telling a guard to fúck off and disturbing the peace. Any evidence that he earns an income from criminal activities? Or are people on this forum going to continue to slander other people based on their background?

He had been in front of a judge 4 years beforehand, better check your facts & realise the guy had form & perjured himself

He had been in front of a judge 4 years beforehand, better check your facts & realise the guy had form & perjured himself

Was he convicted of anything from that charge? Why didnt the DPP pull him on it if he was? Lots of unknowns and presumptions being made

Point is, career criminal is the wrong description for him

Was he convicted of anything from that charge? Why didnt the DPP pull him on it if he was? Lots of unknowns and presumptions being made

Point is, career criminal is the wrong description for him

You are the only one making presumptions I'm afraid. A career criminal is quite apt, anyone that makes a habit of appearing before the courts thru his life fits that description to a T
    If you wish to be his self appointed apologist, that's fine, but don't expect anyone to believe the horseshìt you're shovelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

You are the only one making presumptions I'm afraid. A career criminal is quite apt, anyone that makes a habit of appearing before the courts thru his life fits that description to a T
    Someone who appears twice before the district court on criminal charges is a "career criminal"?

So my former school teacher who has two road traffic convictions is a "career criminal"?

Right...

Someone who appears twice before the district court on criminal charges is a "career criminal"?

So my former school teacher who has two road traffic convictions is a "career criminal"?

Right...

Incorrect, pity you didn't read his statement in court

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,838 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Phoebas wrote: »
    A potential criminal conviction for life for using foul language to a Guard after being provoked by the Guard.
    Harsh.
    Anyone know if he was convicted on this previous occasion ?

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/local-news/judge-s-warning-over-mob-rule-1-2187956

• Advertisement

If you wish to be his self appointed apologist, that's fine, but don't expect anyone to believe the horseshìt you're shovelling.

You need to look up the definition of a career criminal because its clear you dont actually know what it means.

As for the rest of your post, drivel of the highest order.

You need to look up the definition of a career criminal because its clear you dont actually know what it means.

As for the rest of your post, drivel of the highest order.

You haven't a clue have you? You have not presented a single fact, your argument is based on the perjured testimony of this criminal & you take his accusations against the guard as having merit, yet ignore the fact he said he had been in & out of trouble before. And when a defendant admits that, you can be sure it's only the tip of the iceberg.
    Keep shovelling

I'm sure the DPP was aware of his criminal record and would have pulled him on that statement if it wasnt true.

That article says he was granted bail over alleged charges, doesnt look like he was prosecuted for anything.

Still, career criminal is a very inaccurate description for someone that has been up in court for telling a guard to fúck off and disturbing the peace. Any evidence that he earns an income from criminal activities? Or are people on this forum going to continue to slander other people based on their background?

You do of course realise that the term career criminal has nothing to do with financial earnings from crime

You haven't a clue have you? You have not presented a single fact, your argument is based on the perjured testimony of this criminal & you take his accusations against the guard as having merit, yet ignore the fact he said he had been in & out of trouble before. And when a defendant admits that, you can be sure it's only the tip of the iceberg.
    Keep shovelling

You're ranting and raving now. What facts am I suppose to be presenting here? I havent made any outlandish claims or presumptions like others have. I'm sticking to the known facts. Did you look up the definition of a career criminal yet?

Why dont the accusation against the garda not have merit? Is it inconceivable that a garda say that? It isnt. Pity the garda didnt attend court that day to give his side of the story.
    You do of course realise that the term career criminal has nothing to do with financial earnings from crime

What does it mean then?

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/career-criminal
    a person who earns his income through criminal activities

Ring Collins Dictionary that they are wrong and you know better!

You're ranting and raving now. What facts am I suppose to be presenting here? I havent made any outlandish claims or presumptions like others have. I'm sticking to the known facts. Did you look up the definition of a career criminal yet?

Why dont the accusation against the garda not have merit? Is it inconceivable that a garda say that? It isnt. Pity the garda didnt attend court that day to give his side of the story.

Last time,
    No facts have been presented by you.
    He perjured himself in court.
    The accusations against the garda were unsubstantiated.
    Career criminal has nothing to do with immoral earnings
    it can mean someone who spends their life involved in criminality, coming before the courts constantly, being a drain on the taxpayers.
    But I think you already knew that.

Last time,
    No facts have been presented by you.
    He perjured himself in court.
    The accusations against the garda were unsubstantiated.
    Career criminal has nothing to do with immoral earnings
    it can mean someone who spends their life involved in criminality, coming before the courts constantly, being a drain on the taxpayers.
    But I think you already knew that.

What facts do I need to present that havent been already been brought up in this thread? I havent claimed anything that isnt said in the articles provided.
    If he perjured himself, why didnt the DPP pull him up on it?
    What evidence is there that the accusations were unsubstantiated? The garda didnt turn up for court!
    Career criminal means you earn a living by being a criminal. Its a simple enough description to comprehend. Certainly not a description to use for someone thats in and out of court for public order offences.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

Ush1 wrote: »
    Yes, you missed the part where the Gardaí verbally abused first.

I did clearly. where does it say who abused who first

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

limerick county council's new unlicensed horse processing facility

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seamus wrote: »
    I agree. Everyone should be automatically entitled to respect unless they've shown cause to not deserve it.

A person who chooses to don the uniform is entitled to be free from being disrespected just because of that uniform, hence why it's punishable. The same should be true for all of the defence forces.
    That's a bilateral understanding. The officer showed no due respect in carrying out his duty.

Police are not above the community. They are a part of it.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    That's a bilateral understanding. The officer showed no due respect in carrying out his duty.

Police are not above the community. They are a part of it.

Can you show us where the officer showed no due respect please? I'd love to see this proof if you don't mind

Advertisement