Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couponing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

Siobh73 wrote: »
    Something I have noticed with Tesco self service tills is that they tend to let you do 2 coupons yourself in one shop but for any more, you need an assistant to authorise each one. Anyone else find that?

thanks for that, didnt even know that was the case... must try out that next time i am at a self service.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭oconnor20100

Hi I just the coupon in Tescos too today just to see if it would work and it did I only paid 7c for the vanish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

Used half of my coupons today in Tesco and most of the stuff was either on sale, BOGOFFs or discounted prices already and saved almost E30 :D Woop. The girl at the cash desk was raging cause her printer had just broken and she couldn't get hers printed this week haha. Pittied the poor girl who was only starting though and had to learn mighty quick how to scan and punch in over twenty coupons :rolleyes:

Used my carefree 70c coupons in Dunnes today, I bought the 20 pack as they were on sale at 79c each so I bought 4 pack today for 9c each with coupon

I have only started but sofar i have saved €110 in three weeks and hope to save atleast another two hundred this month. Doing my shopping on friday and I have loads of coupons. But I have found that they look at you when you tell them you have coupons, like today when I was buying the carefree liners, I give the girl the coupons and she didn't know what to do, she had to get someone else to show her what to do. God help them on Friday I have at least 20 to 30 coupons

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭sok2005

Very excited about using my coupons on my next shop. Gonna go to a big store like Tesco to avoid the whole "sorry we dont accept coupons" malarky.

Quick question for the pros. Do we as consumers have any rights regarding coupons and the refusal of such? Are stores anyway obligated to accept them or do they always have the right to refuse?

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I have only started but sofar i have saved €110 in three weeks and hope to save atleast another two hundred this month. Doing my shopping on friday and I have loads of coupons. But I have found that they look at you when you tell them you have coupons, like today when I was buying the carefree liners, I give the girl the coupons and she didn't know what to do, she had to get someone else to show her what to do. God help them on Friday I have at least 20 to 30 coupons

Hopefully all the major manufacturers will cop on and start issuing more coupons - by us printing them it saves them a fortune on marketing.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

sok2005 wrote: »
    Very excited about using my coupons on my next shop. Gonna go to a big store like Tesco to avoid the whole "sorry we dont accept coupons" malarky.

Quick question for the pros. Do we as consumers have any rights regarding coupons and the refusal of such? Are stores anyway obligated to accept them or do they always have the right to refuse?

Cheers!

There are currently no laws obligating stores to accept the coupons.
    Whilst shopping at a Tesco store it is the discretion of the individual
    store as to whether they accept theses vouchers/coupons.

There are currently no laws obligating stores to accept the coupons.
    Whilst shopping at a Tesco store it is the discretion of the individual
    store as to whether they accept theses vouchers/coupons.

true, but saying that, tesco or dunnes have always accepted all coupons we have used. (except that last issue i had! :):):))

Great to hear... but stick to items you would buy in your weekly shop anyways, or it will cost you money using your coupons to buy things you dont normally use. the first few times you use coupons, i have found it to be very daunting and you can almost feel the eyes of the person behind you in the queue drilling into you as you delay them further by handing in a load of coupons, but that disappears when they see how much you save!

• Advertisement

shardylan wrote: »
    Tried to buy Killeen scourer pads for 95 c in dunnes stores today with couple other things.Girl called manger about 5 euro Kileen voucher ,they refused me saying the value of Kileen items had to be 5 euro ,they would not use it unless it was .I was mortified lol :eek:

Hold on, did they want u to buy €5 worth of products from Kileen or just one Killeen product worth €5 or more? Could u not have picked up some other bits to make up the fiver?? That's awful if not.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

cant for the life of me get the killeen one or hellmans one to print properly

losing a fortune on hp ink here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭uli84

do not all those vouchers say ''not to be used with any other offer''? If yes then the shop can refuse them anytime on any item that is already sold as ''half price''/25% less etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

danacol €2 off coupon

killeen voucher €5 off(hope this prints better)

KILLEEN VOUCHER REMOVED!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Can these Vanish coupons from pigsback be used with any Vanish product or just the one specified on the T&C's? Anyone tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SEORG

rafaetha wrote: »
    Can these Vanish coupons from pigsback be used with any Vanish product or just the one specified on the T&C's? Anyone tried?

I used it on other vanish liquid yesterday in Tescos, no problem accepting it.

SEORG wrote: »
    I used it on other vanish liquid yesterday in Tescos, no problem accepting it.

I saw a Vanish powder 1.5kg with reduced price the other day at Tescos but the coupon said it was for a specific Vanish (PowerPowder in one coupon, Sensitive Gel or Powder the other coupon). Wonder if that would work with the regular vanish powder. I might try it tonight. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

sok2005 wrote: »
    Hold on, did they want u to buy €5 worth of products from Kileen or just one Killeen product worth €5 or more? Could u not have picked up some other bits to make up the fiver?? That's awful if not.
    :(
    Yes you could buy a couple of Kileen items or just one for 5 euro .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

etcetc wrote: »
    danacol €2 off coupon

killeen voucher €5 off(hope this prints better)

Danacol x3

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hellomynameis

• Advertisement

rickyjb wrote: »
    Now I just need to figure out what to do with 16,000 bin bags....

Rickyjb how many vouchers did you use in a single transaction for your bin bags?

btw are these bin bags any better than your regular tesco bin bags, 30 for €0.89?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Had fun with coupons in tesco today :). Does anyone know can you print the pigsback ones multiple times?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Grawns wrote: »
    Had fun with coupons in tesco today :). Does anyone know can you print the pigsback ones multiple times?

You can print the Pigsback coupons more than once but have to go back through the process of selecting the coupons you want to print again, as each had a separate number.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hellomynameis

My daughter tried to use 1 of the mc donalds ones today and they refused her saying they dont accept them, its a mc donalds coupon being used in mc donalds, am i missing something here?

My daughter tried to use 1 of the mc donalds ones today and they refused her saying they dont accept them, its a mc donalds coupon being used in mc donalds, am i missing something here?

My husband and I, along with our little boy used these coupons over the weekend in McDonalds in Cork. We actually used 2 separately and no issue was raised either. Shame on them for refusing your daughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Strange, and unfortunate, but might be explained by the fact that McDonalds is sometimes run by a franchisee who may or may not have the ability to opt out of "McDonalds" promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 messy543

I used two in Athlone on Saturday and they accepted them without a word. It says one voucher per person but he said it was fine and took both as I was using the Happy meal coupons for two kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

uli84 wrote: »
    do not all those vouchers say ''not to be used with any other offer''? If yes then the shop can refuse them anytime on any item that is already sold as ''half price''/25% less etc.

Please read my previous post on this matter, if u are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

About Killeen: I am gonna use my coupon to buy dish washing "tools" and rubber gloves, if the total is not five euros and what remains is subtracted from my total grocery shopping cost I am not gonna complain, if is not, fair enough.

• Advertisement

Tirabaralla, you have started something wonderful here! Fair deuce!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement