Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Couponing

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Are coupons ever done for own-brand stuff?

I've often found that even with the Pigsback coupon, the own-brand is significantly cheaper than it's branded equivalent?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

Thanks to this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056287083

This:
    http://www.killeenhousehold.ie/voucher-form.htm

I don't know if the voucher is supposed to arrive to you in e-mail or postal form, but I thought I'd give it a try.

It arrives by email after a while and it's the same coupon for everyone, here's a link directly to the coupon: <snip at request by Killeen>
    Sleepy wrote: »

I've often found that even with the Pigsback coupon, the own-brand is significantly cheaper than it's branded equivalent?

Not usually due to the already cheap price, keep an eye on the brand's facebook page for coupons if they ever come :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Sleepy wrote: »

Let's say that if you team the coupons with in store offers usually u can beat the ownbrand and then it makes senso to use the coupons. I, personally, aim to a 50% less than the original price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

http://www.hbplaydates.ie/fun-food/money-off.html

"Fill in the form below & we will post you out a €1.50 money off coupon valid for HB Hazelbrook Farm Marshmallow & Chocolate, Iceberger or Brunch 1 litre tubs, PLUS a €50c money off coupon valid for HB Hazelbrook" :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That Killeen coupon is very generous. If anyone sees Killeen on offer over the next few months, post it up.

For the ladies, but I suppose guys too like to use a nice soap, mebbe :D

http://www.dove.co.uk/current-campaigns/offers/join-with-dove.html

I joined and received 50 cents off any Dove product straight away in my e-mail (the also send them to u if u don't have a printer), supposedly more to come along with some freebies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

snubbleste wrote: »
    That Killeen coupon is very generous. If anyone sees Killeen on offer over the next few months, post it up.

There's a section on their website where they list whatever deals the supermarkets are doing. There's a few products on offer in Superquinn at the moment.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,192 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Totally agree with earlier posts on combining deals to make the best savings.
    At the weekend I bought two packs of Big Als burgers, priced at €3.19 each the cost comes to €6.38.
    1. They were on offer at 2 for €5 so down to €5 straight away
    2. I used two €1 off vouchers per earlier coupon post on this thread to bring the cost down to €3
    3. I then used the current Tesco 'exchange clubcard vouchers' for double value which effectively means I got them for half price at €1.50

So full cost of €6.38 down to net cost of €1.50, 76% off;)

First experiment ever for me, in SuperValu this afternoon and I saved a good 75% on ketchup, mayo, liners, and bath/body wash. I am soooo pushed to try more :D

Until next saturday you can use Hellmanns mayo range coupons, Heinz Ketchup coupons, Carefree Coupons and Johnsons Baby coupons in Supervalu as these products are already on offer there and it is convenient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭Molzer2

It arrives by email after a while and it's the same coupon for everyone, here's a link directly to the coupon: http://bit.ly/KilleenWebVoucher

Not usually due to the already cheap price, keep an eye on the brand's facebook page for coupons if they ever come :)

Just checking, can I print it directly from your link and use this?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 LiquidSquid

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Just checking, can I print it directly from your link and use this?:confused:

Yes, that should work! You can also wait until you get the coupon yourself but it is the same coupon for all! :)

Yes, that should work! You can also wait until you get the coupon yourself but it is the same coupon for all! :)

Damn, it won't print properly for me but I think it's a problem on my side because it saved fine; when I set it to print the bottom bit with the barcode won't print:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Jessica Fletcher

Molzer2, try right clicking on the coupon when you open it, select Copy Image and paste it into a Word doc.

You might need to resize it by clicking on a corner and dragging it but it should print ok from Word.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭jimogr

Anyone use the Killeen one in tesco?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

jimogr wrote: »

successfully today!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

used mine in tesco, the square, voucher worked fine.

Hullo people :)

http://www.supersavvyme.com/ambipur/moneyoff.aspx

(not sure this is also for ROI, other coupons from the site are, I can't print it myself atm so wish u goodluck)

Thank You Jessica Fletcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

is it wrong that i used two of these vouchers in one shopping trip today... (in two different shops - tesco for big shop and my local centra) and they worked no problems. Ive bin bags for the next two year id say!

I used coupons which in total knocked 36 euro from my bill today in tesco, (mainly a mix of pigs back/tesco/ and vouchers from the net) and mainly for things we would get each week anyways.

One of the best ones today was the comfort coupon on pigback... for one euro off any comfort product. There was 1.5ltrs of comfort conditioner reduced from 3.99 in tesco to 1.99 this week and the coupon was for 1 euro, so i got it for 99 cent! happy days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭lee4892

Molzer2 wrote: »
    Damn, it won't print properly for me but I think it's a problem on my side because it saved fine; when I set it to print the bottom bit with the barcode won't print:confused:

Look for the tab in your printer properties to uncheck the fit to page print - that was my problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭jc77

It arrives by email after a while and it's the same coupon for everyone, here's a link directly to the coupon: http://bit.ly/KilleenWebVoucher

Best voucher ever... I printed out loads of these earlier this year. Having the barcode is great for the self-scan at Tesco. Buy a cheap/on-offer Killeen product & voucher still scans & takes €5 off the bill (it used to before anyhoo). Havent tried in a few months though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

hi, Can i ask do you scan the barcode of the item after you scan your product through, or just hand in all barcodes/coupons at the end of the shop....

Oh and another one

say you handed in a coupon eg for the pigsback coupon 75 cent of ketchup... but hadn't bought the ketchup will it still take the 75 cent off total bill????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    hi, Can i ask do you scan the barcode of the item after you scan your product through, or just hand in all barcodes/coupons at the end of the shop....

Oh and another one

Hand in the coupons before you pay
    say you handed in a coupon eg for the pigsback coupon 75 cent of ketchup... but hadn't bought the ketchup will it still take the 75 cent off total bill????

That would be fraud.

Oh and another one

Normally, i hand them over at the end as it deducts from your total... thats the way its done in most stores i use...

and you would have to purchase the item for the coupon otherwise it wont deduct from the total bill at all. (relative works in a large supermarket - so am informed).

I think it's better to hand in the coupons just before paying but hand in your loyalty scheme card before hand so that the first, "fuller" total get's registered on the card.
    Do I make sense?

I think it's better to hand in the coupons just before paying but hand in your loyalty scheme card before hand so that the first, "fuller" total get's registered on the card.
    Do I make sense?

You only earn points on the total of your bill. so say you had 100 euro of goods, then 10 euro worth of vouchers, you only earn points on the total which is 90 euro. it does not matter if you scan your clubcard before/middle/ or at the end... it makes no difference, its what your final total is, is what you earn points on.

Access wrote: »
    You only earn points on the total of your bill. so say you had 100 euro of goods, then 10 euro worth of vouchers, you only earn points on the total which is 90 euro. it does not matter if you scan your clubcard before/middle/ or at the end... it makes no difference, its what your final total is, is what you earn points on.

That's not true for Tesco.

Where I come from (Italy) it is usually better to hand in your loyalty scheme card as first thing, but I honestly dunno about Ireland, all opionions/links/facts welcome as I would like to understand better. TY

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

Pigsback is yer only man for coupons. Every so often you'll find a gem.

Use this crowd quite a bit aswell, printable restaurant offers, lots of 50% off ones.

Bubblegum.ie is also ok for coupons.

Want to remind you of the FB page that was born from this thread:

http://www.facebook.com/supershoppers

:)

Please keep those links coming, saturday shopping is approaching!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Saved about €18 with coupons today. Thanks to the OP, all the other posters and the Super shoppers facebook page. Going to continue using coupons, there are loads coupons available for things I would normally buy anyway, don't know why I didn't use them before. The Killeen ones are particularly good, think I will be printing off a few more of them and stocking up on bags and cloths.
    (To print out the killeen voucher I just copied and pasted to word and then printed it out, should have put two on the page but never thought of it at the time)

€2 off Bic razors http://www.bicsmile.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Hi guys
    Just back from Dunnes point blank refused kileen voucher
    spoke to manager would only take pigsback. It was the Drogheda store

Antibac wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Just back from Dunnes point blank refused kileen voucher
    spoke to manager would only take pigsback. It was the Drogheda store

Kileen are based in Drogheda!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

I know! She just said wasnt authorised to take them only pigsback.
    You would imagine 1 Irish business would support another. Awh well just use it in tesco

Antibac wrote: »
    I know! She just said wasnt authorised to take them only pigsback.
    You would imagine 1 Irish business would support another. Awh well just use it in tesco

Booo, I would like to know if they have this policy written somewhere, I couldn't find anything on their site anyway.

Meant to add that I used the €1.50 Pigsback Vanish voucher for the Vanish In wash liquid currently on offer for €1.57. The voucher is for another product in the range but I gave it a shot anyway and it worked! 7 cent not too bad:) The Dettol spray is also half price at €1.97 with the €1 off voucher from pigsback it works out at 97c:)
    From Memory other things that vouchers are available for and are also on offer are the big als quarter pounders, Helmans, Comfort.

Also Kileen have a version of them colour catchers for €3.50 which will be covered by the voucher, going to pick more of them up later and some more black bags!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 asmum

lindtee, what shop is the vanish on offer for 1.57 ..can seem to see it online

asmum wrote: »
    lindtee, what shop is the vanish on offer for 1.57 ..can seem to see it online

Doh, forgot to say it was Tesco where I got it. Got another one today, hard to resist for 7c;)
    vanish-in-wash-liquid-brand-vanish-1kg.jpg

• Advertisement

Went on a specific trip for couponable stuff, all in, bought €27.09 worth of goods, dettol, comfort, binbags etc. Included in that is some beer for €6. Because I was using Killeen coupons & wanted to bulk up the shopping.

Total amount payable came to €5.09. Checkout assistant & lady behind me were amazed.

Got the coupons here & at facebook.com/bubblegum.ie

That beer is gonna taste so, so sweet :)

iMax wrote: »
    Went on a specific trip for couponable stuff, all in, bought €27.09 worth of goods, dettol, comfort, binbags etc. Included in that is some beer for €6. Because I was using Killeen coupons & wanted to bulk up the shopping.

Total amount payable came to €5.09. Checkout assistant & lady behind me were amazed.

Got the coupons here & at facebook.com/bubblegum.ie

That beer is gonna taste so, so sweet :)

Nice one. Enjoy!

Don't say. Those who know use them sparingly, last thing we need is a whole bunch of people jumping on & ruining it. If you coupon regularly, you'll know by now.

As an aside, I now have enough laundry detergent & fabric conditioner for 424 washes (yes I added them up) which cost me about €25 in total over a number of weeks. We do about three washes a week so that's me done for the next 2.75 years

Lol @ iMax..I can smell the waft of freshly laundered clothes from here.

iMax wrote: »
    Don't say. Those who know use them sparingly, last thing we need is a whole bunch of people jumping on & ruining it. If you coupon regularly, you'll know by now.

As an aside, I now have enough laundry detergent & fabric conditioner for 424 washes (yes I added them up) which cost me about €25 in total over a number of weeks. We do about three washes a week so that's me done for the next 2.75 years

Going to do the same myself over the next few weeks and stock up on killeen stuff too. Wish I had got into this couponing lark years ago! My boys were tres embarrassed when they saw me with my vouchers at the checkout earlier but tres impressed when the total came to €5.88 after using them:cool:

Apologises if this has been posted already in bargains... but its going to come in handy for the summer with the kids constantly stating that they are bored!...

McDonalds vouchers (Valid till 31st Aug 2011)

Direct linky...

http://www.mcdonalds.ie/Vouchers/hsap-online-voucher.aspx

• Advertisement

lindtee wrote: »
    Doh, forgot to say it was Tesco where I got it. Got another one today, hard to resist for 7c;)
    vanish-in-wash-liquid-brand-vanish-1kg.jpg

excellent...didnt see that on their site...will be picking that up tomorrow in my shopping..:)

Has anyone ever come across a coupon for Finish dishwasher products...tesco has an offer on at the mo that would be sweeter with a coupon..but ive searched to no avail:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Has anyone ever come across a coupon for Finish dishwasher products...tesco has an offer on at the mo that would be sweeter with a coupon..but ive searched to no avail:(

http://finish.pigsback.com/

Davy wrote: »

Thanks..i saw that but it wont work for me..think that offer has expired ?

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭rafaetha

Thanks..i saw that but it wont work for me..think that offer has expired ?

Finish Quantumatic Detergent dispenser €6 off – Terms and Conditions
    This offer is only open to residents in the Republic of Ireland. To take part in this offer consumers must access the website located at www.finish.ie , complete details requested and then print off the coupon which is valid and redeemable until 27th May 2011.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement