Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

sticker wrote: »
    BUGGER

Hi Conor,

We're sorry to inform you that your order is delayed due to the Silicone Cover being out of stock.

New stock will arrive in the next few days. Please rest assured that we have prioritised your order and will expedite the shipping as soon as the stock becomes available. You will receive an update with the tracking when the order is dispatched.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Sharon
    VR HMD Hygiene Solutions

I got this as well, but I got a shipping email before it. So not sure what they are doing :confused:.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭Doge

mrcheez wrote: »
    you'd think there was something majorly wrong with the default cover with all these out of stock messages... I mean it's not THAT bad ;)

It gives me VR Face even if I loosen the strap!
    Hoping the halo strap will solve this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,637 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Doge wrote: »
    It gives me VR Face even if I loosen the strap!
    Hoping the halo strap will solve this!

I've found the default strap is actually ok if I put it up high so that it actually almost goes over my crown instead of around the back of my head and this kinda lifts the face cover too... maybe give it a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

you'd think there was something majorly wrong with the default cover with all these out of stock messages... I mean it's not THAT bad ;)

A lot of reports saying the VR Cover is a substantial improvement on the regular one. Probably nothing terrible about the standard one, but a big jump in quality with VR Cover...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I prefer going wireless now, my long USBC cable (the "Link" cable) has been sitting in the cupboard gathering dust.

^^^Copied from the bargains thread.

Looking for a bit of help.
    I cant seem to get Steam vr working on the quest no matter what I do.

I have Occulus app on my pc.-bought the anker cable. Oculus app connects to the headset and is recognised as a usb c 3.0 cable with the link speed all good and the headset is even recognised in steam vr ie its showing up as green with the controllers green aswell.

So that side of things seem to be working correctly.

Open steam vr and run the game.

I put headset on and get 2 options - one to allow file access and the other to allow link beta.

I accept both and all I get is a black screen inside the headset yet steam vr seems to be running the game on my PC - Testing with aircars before I buy that humble bundle.

3 hours last night and Im absolutely stumped.

It has to be something really simple as I reckon Im 99% there.
    Thanks

• Advertisement

Hellrazer wrote: »
    ^^^Copied from the bargains thread.

Looking for a bit of help.
    I cant seem to get Steam vr working on the quest no matter what I do.

I have Occulus app on my pc.-bought the anker cable. Oculus app connects to the headset and is recognised as a usb c 3.0 cable with the link speed all good and the headset is even recognised in steam vr ie its showing up as green with the controllers green aswell.

So that side of things seem to be working correctly.

Open steam vr and run the game.

I put headset on and get 2 options - one to allow file access and the other to allow link beta.

I accept both and all I get is a black screen inside the headset yet steam vr seems to be running the game on my PC - Testing with aircars before I buy that humble bundle.

3 hours last night and Im absolutely stumped.

It has to be something really simple as I reckon Im 99% there.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I watched that video along with multiple others and Im still stumped.

At 3mins 42 seconds he clicks on a button - oculus linka nd everything just seems to work from there. I dont have that button. Software on headset is on the latest.

I watched that video along with multiple others and Im still stumped.

I've my Quest 2 still in the box - waiting for the VR Cover mask to arrive, but I did this video method or very close to it on my Quest 1 and it gave me no issues. Very odd!

https://support.oculus.com/394778968099974/?locale=en_GB

Think I found the issue - Ive been "allowing" access to data. Ill try it when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

wes wrote: »
    I got this as well, but I got a shipping email before it. So not sure what they are doing :confused:.

Support got back to me, and my vr cover has not shipped. No big deal, I can wait. It was just a bit confusing.

• Advertisement

https://support.oculus.com/394778968099974/?locale=en_GB

Think I found the issue - Ive been "allowing" access to data. Ill try it when I get home.

Ah that makes sense then... if you allow it, it's the same as telling your computer to treat it as an external drive

Ah that makes sense then... if you allow it, it's the same as telling your computer to treat it as an external drive

Nope - still just a black screen.Head melting!!!

Nope - still just a black screen.Head melting!!!

Have you got a 5GHz router? Could try Virtual Desktop... just in case you've reached a dead-end.

You can refund it if played less than 2 hours.

Anyone using the new Virgin 1 gig line Modem with Quest 2 - Just seeing how it behaves in Virtual Desktop...

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/support-by-products/broadband/virgin-media-hubs/virgin-media-v2-hub/

Have you got a 5GHz router? Could try Virtual Desktop... just in case you've reached a dead-end.

You can refund it if played less than 2 hours.

Right - Got it sorted. Turns out my gpu isn't supported :(:(:(

Im using a ryzen 7 1700x
    16gb Ram and my old trusty amd r9 390x.

Still decent for pc gaming but not supported by Oculus link...

So theres a work around for anyone interested using the debug tool.

Slightly lowers the resolution per eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv4TsFtODoc&feature=youtu.be

Ive set it to the setting in the video above and worked straight away.

Good news its GPU upgrade time....anyone got a recommendation that works well for pcvr?

Good news its GPU upgrade time....anyone got a recommendation that works well for pcvr?

Well mine is a GTX 1070 and it works perfectly even if it's a bit old at this stage so anything above that should be good!

Anyone get the new software update for the Quest 1/2 yet?

It adds 90hz support to the Quest 2..
    Its saying no update is available on my headset though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,165 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

None here yet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Anyone got the update yet? Any way to force it?

My right touch controller has developed a squeaky trigger. Left one is perfect. This might force me to wear earphones but if it persists I will send it back for repair. I have blown into the trigger and appears to resolve it for sometimes a few minutes, up to a few hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,882 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Give it a tiny squirt of WD40.

I wouldn’t put even a tiny amount of wd40 near it, best to use contact cleaner but that would require opening up the controller. Best to send it back.

4msjrg.jpg

That halo strap can hurry TF up also! :pac:

I think you can force it by sideloading?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Got the latest update. Now what?
    Is 90hz automatically applied to current games/apps or do developers now need to roll out updates to their games so they run at 90hz?

NickTellis wrote: »
    Got the latest update. Now what?
    Is 90hz automatically applied to current games/apps or do developers now need to roll out updates to their games so they run at 90hz?

I think devs need to add it... for example Eleven dev posted up on reddit about it being enabled now

btw this is for Quest 2 only yeah? Quest 1 not affected?

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Yeah Quest 2 only, I don't think 90hz is coming to Quest 1.
    Anyone have a list of the current games/apps that have 90hz enabled?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

from HUKD
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-asgards-wrath-with-new-quest-2-activation-starting-today-3594624

Asgards Wraith free for anyone who activates their quest 2 after 20/11/2020

from HUKD
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/free-asgards-wrath-with-new-quest-2-activation-starting-today-3594624

Asgards Wraith free for anyone who activates their quest 2 after 20/11/2020

Interesting... I wonder if I should factory-reset my Quest 2 and add it to my main Oculus account using a new (potentially-banable) FB account instead of my fake FB account :D

EDIT: *OR* create a 3rd Oculus account with another new FB account ... guess it depends how much I really want Asgard's Wrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Interesting... I wonder if I should factory-reset my Quest 2 and add it to my main Oculus account using a new (potentially-banable) FB account instead of my fake FB account :D

EDIT: *OR* create a 3rd Oculus account with another new FB account ... guess it depends how much I really want Asgard's Wrath

I bought at launch but its for my daughter for christmas so it will be good to go for her when she activates it, nice little bonus.

Advertisement