Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meta Quest

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm using a gaming laptop so probably wouldn't be much help but here you go...

2.8GHz Core i7 7700HQ
    16GB RAM
    256GB SSD + 1TB HDD
    GeForce 8GB GTX 1070

works like a dream

It does help. I can measure against the gpu at least :D
    _CreeD_ wrote: »
    CPU: 3900x
    GPU: 2800ti
    RAM: 32GB
    STORAGE: All SSD

No issues, probably the most complex I've run from the PC is HL:Alyx on ultra.

:eek: I would hope not. The 2800ti going by Amazon is like my entire planned budget haha But I did ask and thanks for getting back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

ShooterSF wrote: »

:eek: I would hope not. The 2800ti going by Amazon is like my entire planned budget haha But I did ask and thanks for getting back :)

Yeah I would have been disappointed too :), but the new Nvidia/AMD cards pretty much have that as or close enough to a minimum performance level so if you can get one (big if these days) you can't go wrong for a lot less cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭NickTellis

Was looking at getting a gaming PC but in my case the cost would probably not be worth it so I'm currently looking into getting something like Shadow VR in the new year. If you have decent broadband/wi-fi then this might be an option over a gaming PC especially once they start rolling out more european servers, plus I believe there's going to be a Quest-specific app for it so it should run even faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Liberalbrehon

Doesn't anyone have a Quest 2.
    Feedback? Having to integrate with facebook account, so they can take players details, usage? Headstrap - good, bad?, sensitivity of controls compared to Quest 1 - read it's worse in games like beat saber. The one LCD screen compared to quest 1 screen, refresh rate, battery charge, etc
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Feedback? Having to integrate with facebook account, so they can take players details, usage? Headstrap - good, bad?, sensitivity of controls compared to Quest 1 - read it's worse in games like beat saber. The one LCD screen compared to quest 1 screen, refresh rate, battery charge, etc
    thanks

....that's pretty much all that's been discussed for the last few pages.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,657 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

There are rumours but I think it's all fake news. You can't have wireless VR, doesn't make sense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Looks like I have a dead pixel on my Quest 2. A red dot on the right hand side it might even be a bunch of pixels I'm not sure but whatever it is it's annoying as hell. I've looked after it well, always had the lens protector on and never in the sun.

What will I do, will Oculus replace?

Looks like I have a dead pixel on my Quest 2. A red dot on the right hand side it might even be a bunch of pixels I'm not sure but whatever it is it's annoying as hell. I've looked after it well, always had the lens protector on and never in the sun.

What will I do, will Oculus replace?

I'm only speaking from experience in the past but I have had a replacement Oculus Go when that got sun spots.

It was admittedly my fault... literally 3 seconds of accidental exposure was sufficient... crazy, but they gave the usual "just this one time" exception and sent me a replacement.

The replacement was a refurb but it looked (and smelled!) good as new.

This was one year ago, so hopefully they haven't changed anything. Did you buy it direct from Oculus or from Amazon/Argos?

If the latter you could always ask for a replacement from them first.

I'm only speaking from experience in the past but I have had a replacement Oculus Go when that got sun spots.

It was admittedly my fault... literally 3 seconds of accidental exposure was sufficient... crazy, but they gave the usual "just this one time" exception and sent me a replacement.

The replacement was a refurb but it looked (and smelled!) good as new.

This was one year ago, so hopefully they haven't changed anything. Did you buy it direct from Oculus or from Amazon/Argos?

If the latter you could always ask for a replacement from them first.

I bought direct from Oculus I guess I'll just get in touch with them and see what they say. Sickened to have happened so soon after getting it. Don't know how the sun got on it if that's what caused it because I never have it exposed.

I bought direct from Oculus I guess I'll just get in touch with them and see what they say. Sickened to have happened so soon after getting it. Don't know how the sun got on it if that's what caused it because I never have it exposed.

It could be anything like a mirror reflection from an open window, maybe even a photo frame redirected the light?

The winter sun is the worst for this sort of thing, that's what got mine.

Always best to cover the headset when not in use.

• Advertisement

Haha. It wasn't a dead pixel I'm just an idiot.

I was casting to the TV for the first time tonight and only now learned that when your casting or recording it displays a red dot in the top right corner. I've turned it off now and all good

Praise Allah!

btw if you're after a really cheap Quest app, Guns'n'Stories: Bulletproof VR is only €2.99 for Oculus Rift

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1951786524835344/

It's crossbuy.

I bought it for €4 before... it's really just a wave shooter and "OK", but if you really just want another app for whatever reason check it out.

Can always refund if no good.

Praise Allah!

btw if you're after a really cheap Quest app, Guns'n'Stories: Bulletproof VR is only €2.99 for Oculus Rift

https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1951786524835344/

It's crossbuy.

I bought it for €4 before... it's really just a wave shooter and "OK", but if you really just want another app for whatever reason check it out.

Can always refund if no good.

Cheers man I'm stuck into Population One at the moment can't turn it off

Cheers man I'm stuck into Population One at the moment can't turn it off

That's exactly why I don't do multiplayer any more .. backlog says no!

When I used to play online I'd stick with one game for months! Was in top 5 world position in Split/Second Velocity for ages, loved that game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭bluemachaveli

Haha. It wasn't a dead pixel I'm just an idiot.

I was casting to the TV for the first time tonight and only now learned that when your casting or recording it displays a red dot in the top right corner. I've turned it off now and all good

If it makes you feel any better I did the exact same thing. Was ranting like mad to my other half about dead pixels, felt like a right fool when it dawned on me that it was the casting :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I deffo have a dead pixel. The left lens had a pixel that is showing up as green on dark backgrounds. Doesn't appear on the right lens and is always there no matter the game, background etc. Just need to have a certain background to be noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Glebee

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

VR Cover Silicone back in stock - just nabbed one

https://eu.vrcover.com/products/silicone-cover-for-oculus%E2%84%A2-quest-2

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

sticker wrote: »

Thanks for the heads up, ordered one just now :D.

Any idea if they're coming out with a PU Leather version?

• Advertisement

Any idea if they're coming out with a PU Leather version?

Not sure, but all reviews for this one are top drawer. I'd grab one whielel they are there though. In and out of stock...

this is the one I have on my camel camel watchlist

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thrustmaster-T-Flight-Hotas-Joystick-Throttle/dp/B076PMSYH9/

Quite a bit cheaper.. what makes the more expensive one better given that I'll probably only be using it occasionally?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maik3n

Crumbs and fiddlesticks. Sold out already.

I knew I should have taken a punt on it earlier. :o

maik3n wrote: »
    Crumbs and fiddlesticks. Sold out already.

I knew I should have taken a punt on it earlier. :o

I feel you - I've been on the site on and off for a week - nearly broke the mouse hitting Add to Cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

The Rift S case finally arrived today which I intend to use with the Quest 2 with the Halo Strap which hasn't arrived yet.
    The seller sent it from China instead of France but it was a slightly faster service and took 3 weeks.

The case is quite big, but feels premium, and the zip probably won't break like the flimsy one on the official quest case.

And thankfully the controllers fit in fairly snug despite being longer than the Rift S controllers, there's a nice little clipping strap that offers extra support.

Plenty of room in there for cables and even a large powerbank.

Now the true the test will be how well things fit when the halo strap arrives.

532608.jpg

532609.jpg

532610.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maik3n

I didn't much fancy waiting on the other cover to come back in stock so have taken a punt on this one.

Wish me luck ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MF7HM93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

maik3n wrote: »
    I didn't much fancy waiting on the other cover to come back in stock so have taken a punt on this one.

Wish me luck ;)
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08MF7HM93/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Looks good! Will do the job ;)

BUGGER...

Hi Conor,

We're sorry to inform you that your order is delayed due to the Silicone Cover being out of stock.

New stock will arrive in the next few days. Please rest assured that we have prioritised your order and will expedite the shipping as soon as the stock becomes available. You will receive an update with the tracking when the order is dispatched.

Our apologies for the inconvenience caused. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
    Sharon
    VR HMD Hygiene Solutions

Edit and a few hours later...

Your order is on the way
    Your order is on the way. Track your shipment to see the delivery status.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

you'd think there was something majorly wrong with the default cover with all these out of stock messages... I mean it's not THAT bad ;)

Advertisement