Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let's all talk about Lewis?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i dont get the racisism acusations at all. most people that dont like hamilton have always disliked him even before he became succesfull and well before he became one of the best drivers in the sport ever. people dont like him because of the way he acts and speaks. he is often arrogent and self obsessed and 'never wrong', when things are going good its his own success but when they dont its the teams fault.

there are reasons people dont like him. his race has nothing to do with it

thinking that people dislike him because he is succesfull is laughable, there are lots of sports stars out then that are succesfull and are well likes.

look at mayweather, woods, michael jorden, koby bryant, shaquel o neil, etc etc. they all feature in the top 10 paid sports stars in the last few year. race doesnt come into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,134 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gintonious wrote: »
    Must have read them a few times now, can't spot any sort of racism at all in either of them.

Criticizing an anti-racism stance is therefore racist. Serious mental gymnastics going on there.

Theres a vocal cohort of Hamilton fans who use his race as a free pass for anything and if you disagree/criticise him at all you are racist. LiquidZeb has just shown that skill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

pjohnson wrote: »
    Theres a vocal cohort of Hamilton fans who use his race as a free pass for anything and if you disagree/criticise him at all you are racist. LiquidZeb has just shown that skill.

I will keep an eye out for that in the future so :(

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,530 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

A number of posts removed - please note the Admin team are reviewing those posts - pleased do not discuss further here

117163420_3275848932508046_8954135529451751487_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=0QUB7CwP8A0AX-Cix_N&_nc_ht=scontent-sea1-1.xx&oh=e1ae8587cce7dd011e886000a354b060&oe=5F51B24E

He should probably have a word with this team and accounts department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

A six time formula 1 world champion, and not yet retired. What more is there to say.

ruwithme wrote: »
    A six time formula 1 world champion, and not yet retired. What more is there to say.

You must be new around here. Welcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

ruwithme wrote: »
    Plenty to say.
    He's been gifted the records.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

ELM327 wrote: »
    Plenty to say.
    He's been gifted the records.

Beaten every team-mate he’s ever had, including three world champions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Faugheen wrote: »

And has been beaten by at least 2 different team mates over the course of a season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Great driver! Great in the rain too. Always seemed polite and respectful in interviews, what's not to like. I can like someone who thinks the earth is flat, it doesn't offend me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,217 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Faugheen wrote: »
    What about Jenson over 3 years together?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭tipp_tipp_tipp

ELM327 wrote: »
    What about Jenson over 3 years together?

Didn't Hamilton beat him 2 out of 3 :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Didn't Hamilton beat him 2 out of 3 :confused:

He did. Rosberg and Button only beat Hamilton once and both are world champions so no shame in losing once or twice, gave him more motivation to win even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

I presume any good driver in history who ever drove a dominant car can have the title for that season written off as being handed to them, or those it only count with Lewis?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Lewis says he feels awkward negotiating a new contract when so many job losses are going on.

So drive for free then?

People seem to forget that Schumacher had Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne behind him. Vettel had Adrian Newey at Red Bull. Great drivers always have a great team behind them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Lewis says he feels awkward negotiating a new contract when so many job losses are going on.

So drive for free then?

Why would he? If he wasn't making the people he drives for and sponsors money he would be getting zero. It's not his fault his market rate is more than 1000 times the average wage. On top of that I am going to go out on a limb and say he does a lot more for charity than anyone in this thread, that includes you.

recyclebin wrote: »
    People seem to forget that Schumacher had Jean Todt, Ross Brawn and Rory Byrne behind him. Vettel had Adrian Newey at Red Bull. Great drivers always have a great team behind them.

Senna liked to hop to teams he believed had the best car, he left McLaren cause the Williams was all powerful but then it got nerfed the year he joined.
    Why Hamilton is expected to drive the Alpha Romeo or Haas to prove himself I don't know.
    He wasn't some randomer McLaren picked up off the street for his first year, they obviously saw talent in him. Not to mention he joined Mercedes when they had won previously zilch at the time after returning

Killinator wrote: »
    Senna liked to hop to teams he believed had the best car, he left McLaren cause the Williams was all powerful but then it got nerfed the year he joined.
    Why Hamilton is expected to drive the Alpha Romeo or Haas to prove himself I don't know.
    He wasn't some randomer McLaren picked up off the street for his first year, they obviously saw talent in him. Not to mention he joined Mercedes when they had won previously zilch at the time after returning

He joined them when they had gotten their requests honoured when it came to the massive rule changes in 2014, well timed.

• Advertisement

Gintonious wrote: »
    He joined them when they had gotten their requests honoured when it came to the massive rule changes in 2014, well timed.

Even if he did and he knew they were in with a great chance of winning, it's not exactly unheard of for a driver to try and get to what they think is the best team.
    Neither Vettel or the God amongst men to some, Alonso, joined Ferrari thinking they be a **** show. They joined as they thought it would give them a shot at the title.
    Yet we're told Hamilton's titles mean less or don't count because his choice worked out and the other guys didn't.
    Rosberg drove a dominant Merc, why isn't his title questioned.
    Buttons Brawn was in a league of 2 for the first half of his title winning season .
    These drivers are used as a stick to beat Hamilton , but no one is saying their titles don't count or mean less because let's face it they are not in with a chance of breaking the great Schumi's 7....well is it really 7, can we count the titles he 'walked' or was 'gifted'. Maybe he's closer to 5. And Senna, maybe 2 if we discount the 'easy' ones

Even if he did and he knew they were in with a great chance of winning, it's not exactly unheard of for a driver to try and get to what they think is the best team.
    Neither Vettel or the God amongst men to some, Alonso, joined Ferrari thinking they be a **** show. They joined as they thought it would give them a shot at the title.
    Yet we're told Hamilton's titles mean less or don't count because his choice worked out and the other guys didn't.
    Buttons Brawn was in a league of 2 for the first half of his title winning season .
    These drivers are used as a stick to beat Hamilton , but no one is saying their titles don't count or mean less because let's face it they are not in with a chance of breaking the great Schumi's 7....well is it really 7, can we count the titles he 'walked' or was 'gifted'. Maybe he's closer to 5. And Senna, maybe 2 if we discount the 'easy' ones

I can only speak for myself, but I don't see what being the case with most.

As for the first line, the only driver to break that mould was Schumacher, when he went to Ferrari who were well at sea when he joined. (I am a Schumacher snob, so I will always jump to his defence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Rosberg gets minimal credit for his title. None from Hamilton fans. They usually blame reliability. No mention of the many atrocious starts Hamilton made that season.

Seeing Hamilton ‘race’ by backing the pack up to hinder Rosberg was hilarious though. A real ‘racer’.

Rosberg gets minimal credit for his title. None from Hamilton fans. They usually blame reliability. No mention of the many atrocious starts Hamilton made that season.

Seeing Hamilton ‘race’ by backing the pack up to hinder Rosberg was hilarious though. A real ‘racer’.

You mean like Schumacher who collided with Hill and Villeneuve, or Senna into Prost. I don't think Hamilton has ever deliberately crashed into someone. All the greatest drivers didn't get there by being nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭nelly17

For me I think its a shame Ferrari are not really at the races this year if you will excuse the pun, I genuinely think that if their car was better Le Clerk would be a:very compeditive or b: beating him. And actually showing Lewis to be good but not great or legendary and it would probably take him down a peg or two.

nelly17 wrote: »
    For me I think its a shame Ferrari are not really at the races this year if you will excuse the pun, I genuinely think that if their car was better Le Clerk would be a:very compeditive or b: beating him. And actually showing Lewis to be good but not great or legendary and it would probably take him down a peg or two.

Or maybe, just maybe, Lewis would/is a better driver.
    Ifs and buts are fine but Hamilton has the trophies not Leclerc

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I very much doubt that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,329 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Ifs and buts are fine but Hamilton has the trophies not Leclerc

Leclerc is in a universally accepted rubbish car. He hasn't a hope of winning in it. Hamilton has been and is in the best car on the grid by a country mile. Fair play to him but winning in the Merc is much easier when compared to the crap Ferrari. Think about it this way - would Hamilton win the championship in the Ferrari?

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Leclerc is in a universally accepted rubbish car. He hasn't a hope of winning in it. Hamilton has been and is in the best car on the grid by a country mile. Fair play to him but winning in the Merc is much easier when compared to the crap Ferrari. Think about it this way - would Hamilton win the championship in the Ferrari?

No, he obviously wouldn't. But leclerc isn't going to either.
    So what, if Leclerc was in the Merc and Hamilton was in the Ferrari, obviously Leclerc should win.
    But he's not in the best car, only 2 people can be in the best car at any time
    What has Leclerc done, actually done, that makes him a better driver?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

What has Leclerc done, actually done, that makes him a better driver?

Well for a start he doesn’t accuse other drivers of cheating when they beat him fair and square. I would think that this gives Leclerc an edge of Hamilton that enables to objectively analyze what is making him slower and build on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

He'll be the Bill Russell of F1.

Most successful, and in the discussion for GOAT, but most will say other drivers were better than him.

2011 wrote: »
    Well for a start he doesn’t accuse other drivers of cheating when they beat him fair and square. I would think that this gives Leclerc an edge of Hamilton that enables to objectively analyze what is making him slower and build on that.

So essentially he's a sore loser, same as the rest of them. Verstappen was all happy chat on the radio yesterday, but is happy to moan and bitch when things aren't going as well, same with Leclerc, perfectly happy to complain on the radio. Basically all drivers

Still if that's what you consider proves Leclerc is a better driver then we are way apart on our thinking about what makes a good driver

So essentially he's a sore loser, same as the rest of them.

I accept that they can all moan but this is quite different from accusations of cheating.

I accept that they can all moan but this is quite different from accusations of cheating.

I can see it from his point of view in a way as Max was nowhere and wasn't a threat until race day and there was such a massive difference in Tyre wear.
    That said it was over the top.

It is however no indication of his quality as a driver over or below Leclerc

I can see it from his point of view in a way as Max was nowhere and wasn't a threat until race day and there was such a massive difference in Tyre wear.
    That said it was over the top.

It is however no indication of his quality as a driver over or below Leclerc

Max was not “nowhere”. He qualified in P4 and passed Hulk immediately. This put him one place behind Hamilton well before the end of the first lap. All this occurred before tyre wear could become a factor.

Look I accept that Hamilton is a very good driver and certainly in a different league to Bottas. What impressed me most was how he beat Alonso in the same car when he was a rookie, his consistency and hunger to win. However on the flip side Rosberg beat him in the same car, he has never had the opportunity to prove himself in a far inferior car and in my view he is a bad looser. For these reasons I would not hold him in the same regard as Schumacher, Senna etc.

• Advertisement

Max was not “nowhere”. He qualified in P4 and passed Hulk immediately. This put him one place behind Hamilton well before the end of the first lap. All this occurred before tyre wear could become a factor.

Look I accept that Hamilton is a very good driver and certainly in a different league to Bottas. What impressed me most was how he beat Alonso in the same car when he was a rookie, his consistency and hunger to win. However on the flip side Rosberg beat him in the same car, he has never had the opportunity to prove himself in a far inferior car and in my view he is a bad looser. For these reasons I would not hold him in the same regard as Schumacher, Senna etc.

Sorry, re Max being nowhere, I meant more that he was not anywhere near the Mercs pace previously and nobody expected the Red Bull to pass the Merc on track via race pace. I didn't word that well.

You have your reasons fair enough but it's not Hamilton's fault he's not been in a bad car.
    Once a driver makes it to the top it's unreasonable to expect them to drop down to a lower level just to prove themselves. And he wasn't gonna turn down Merc or McLaren to drive for a back of the grid team just to prove himself.

He is a bad loser but so we're Senna and Schumacher, big time and they were more than a little unsporting in their time and happy to hit other cars if it improved their prospects.

To put it in another way, Messi is regarded as one of the the greatest footballers of all time and arguably the greatest. No one is expecting him to prove himself with Stoke or Real Betis despite him starting his career with a great team and never having played for a poor team. He plays for a team that has had a huge budget, the best players around him and plays in a league where only 2 other teams put up a real challenge most of the time. None of that matters though. Some people are just great and personally although I don't rank him as the best I think Hamilton will be looked at alot more favourably in the future, just like Schumi is today

Sorry, re Max being nowhere, I meant more that he was not anywhere near the Mercs pace previously and nobody expected the Red Bull to pass the Merc on track via race pace.

Agreed, but Hamilton made the accusation at a time that he knew the following:
    1) Max was one place behind him before the end of lap 1.
    2) Max started the race with a tyre advantage over the Mercs
    3) Red Bull was not as hard on tyres are the Mercs.

Armed with that information is was more than disappointing that Hamilton choose to suggest that Red Bull were cheats.
    You have your reasons fair enough but it's not Hamilton's fault he's not been in a bad car.

Agreed but I did acknowledge that he impressed me in a Merc against Alonso as a rookie. Also you have to accept that a driver goes up in people's estimation when they win a race in an inferior car as Max demonstrated more than once. I don’t expect him to get into a low ranking team just to prove how good he is but regardless the fact remains that he has only driven for two top teams.
    He is a bad loser but so we're Senna and Schumacher, big time and they were more than a little unsporting in their time and happy to hit other cars if it improved their prospects.

But the difference is they had demonstrated their raw talent in inferior cars repeatedly.

I don't think the Messi analogy works very well as the car is such a determining factor, but I understand your point.

I believe that if you put Max and Hamilton in the same car Max would come out on top by a large margin. Also interesting when Max was asked to comment on Hulk qualifying in front of him. No excuses from Max, he simply said that he was delighted for Hulk and that he deserved a seat in F1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lewis' attitude in the press conference after qualifying last Saturday told a lot about his character. Short, sharp answers, almost to the point of absolutely not wanting to be there. All because he was beaten to pole by Valtteri. Spoilt kid and prams... He's great at the answers when it goes his way but if not he's the world's sorest loser. And don't give me that "but all great champions are like that". They're not. Humble in winning, gracious in defeat. That's the mark of a professional. Valtteri has that in spades, and he's had his fair share of bad luck to be bitter about.

The only sportsperson I hate more than Lewis for his attitude is Ronnie O'Sullivan, but there's not much in it.

I certainly think that 90% of success is due to the car, with the driver making up the rest. With more of a selfish streak in him Valtteri could balance the books more against Lewis, but if you were to put any of the top 4 or 5 drivers in a Merc and swap out Lewis the Merc would still win more times than not and Lewis would not be leading the wdc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

Lewis' attitude in the press conference after qualifying last Saturday told a lot about his character. Short, sharp answers, almost to the point of absolutely not wanting to be there. All because he was beaten to pole by Valtteri. Spoilt kid and prams... He's great at the answers when it goes his way but if not he's the world's sorest loser. And don't give me that "but all great champions are like that". They're not. Humble in winning, gracious in defeat. That's the mark of a professional. Valtteri has that in spades, and he's had his fair share of bad luck to be bitter about.

The only sportsperson I hate more than Lewis for his attitude is Ronnie O'Sullivan, but there's not much in it.

I certainly think that 90% of success is due to the car, with the driver making up the rest. With more of a selfish streak in him Valtteri could balance the books more against Lewis, but if you were to put any of the top 4 or 5 drivers in a Merc and swap out Lewis the Merc would still win more times than not and Lewis would not be leading the wdc.

I think you said it all there in that one sentence...
    'The only sportsperson I 'hate' more than Lewis....

Would you 'like' him more if , lets say, he was like Bottas, and simply won the odd race here and there, finished second or third more often than not, and reasonably pleasant most of the time.

I think the problem most people seem to have with Lewis is...

He wins too much, so they don't like him....
    He has an 'attitude' , tattoos, hair more suited to a rapper than an F1 driver,
    He thinks he's 'great'....as in.... Woulda look at yer man, the state of him, he thinks he's effin' great !
    He'll never be as good as.... (insert favourite F1 driver here)
    Rosberg bet him, in the same car.... so he must really be crap...
    The car does all the winning, he only puts in about 10%.... shure ANYONE could drive one of them yolks...
    Put ANY other driver in that Merc and they'd be winning multiple c'ships (curious as to how Rosberg only won the one ?)

I know this is completely un related but I saw a posting on here, where it mentioned that Roy Keane was Irelands greatest sportsperson EVER, and the most influential. Not really knowing much about football, I would have assumed that footballers might (and before the keyboard football warriors pounce, I said MIGHT) be judged on how many goals they score... so I was surprised to find that Keane scored only 9 (and is joint 15th on a list) while that other Keane, Robbie, scored a very respectable 68, and by International standards that is quite respectable.
    But then again Keane (Robbie) is not as 'edgy' as Keane (Roy)....

I've been following F1 since the Stewart era, and because of that he will always be my favourite driver.
    I like Hamilton to a degree, simply because I like people breaking records, like Eddy Merckx at cycling, or Carl Lewis or Usian Bolt.
    But the main reason I like him is because for a brief period I lived in Stevenage, and one thing I can tell you is, unlike where Rosberg grew up, it's far from Monaco.
    Fair play to him I say, let him have his tantrums, wins and losses. In a couple of years he'll be gone, and there'll be someone else out there to moan about.

So you like him because you briefly lived in Stevenage? Well that's original, I'll give you that. If you had lived in Chigwell would you therefore like Ronnie too?

Yes, I don't like him for his attitude, his hypocrisy, poor loser and lack of respect for other drivers in the recent BLM soapbox nonsense. Not all drivers could perform like he does in a Merc, but certainly Max and Charles could, and Alonso and Vettel in their day. I think you could now add Russel to the list too.

Roy Keane was/is a dick, but did have a footballing brain that needs to be measured in more ways than purely goals scored. Oliver Kahn, who I believe is one of the best keepers ever, didn't score many goals either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭swarlb

So you like him because you briefly lived in Stevenage? Well that's original, I'll give you that. If you had lived in Chigwell would you therefore like Ronnie too?

Yes, I don't like him for his attitude, his hypocrisy, poor loser and lack of respect for other drivers in the recent BLM soapbox nonsense. Not all drivers could perform like he does in a Merc, but certainly Max and Charles could, and Alonso and Vettel in their day. I think you could now add Russel to the list too.

Roy Keane was/is a dick, but did have a footballing brain that needs to be measured in more ways than purely goals scored. Oliver Kahn, who I believe is one of the best keepers ever, didn't score many goals either.

Ok, lets just leave things as they are, you don't like Lewis, I have an admiring respect for him.
    If you don't understand why I mentioned where he was from... well, you'll not see too many F1 drivers from Finglas, who's fathers were bus drivers.
    I've no idea who Oliver Kahn is, where he's from or who he played for, but using the analogy that a goalkeeper doesn't score many goals in the context of Roy Keane not score that many, is simply idiotic.

My basic point was, considering how expensive motorsport is, even at a Mondello level, you don't see too many World Champions coming from council estates !

swarlb wrote: »
    Ok, lets just leave things as they are, you don't like Lewis, I have an admiring respect for him.
    If you don't understand why I mentioned where he was from... well, you'll not see too many F1 drivers from Finglas, who's fathers were bus drivers.
    I've no idea who Oliver Kahn is, where he's from or who he played for, but using the analogy that a goalkeeper doesn't score many goals in the context of Roy Keane not score that many, is simply idiotic.

My basic point was, considering how expensive motorsport is, even at a Mondello level, you don't see too many World Champions coming from council estates !

Strange, then, that he continually barks about BLM, racism and discrimination in sport when he himself is proof that anyone can make it to the top, regardless of their background. But I'm not sure why you put so much stock in his roots when we're talking about him now (at the top and living in Monaco, not that that makes any difference either).

Oliver Kahn was the Bayern and German national goalkeeper for years and years. My point was that a footballer's legacy is not down to how many goals he scored because there's so much more to football than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

Strange, then, that he continually barks about BLM, racism and discrimination in sport when he himself is proof that anyone can make it to the top, regardless of their background...

Lewis is the only Black driver in F1 .
    Historically , I can think of no other black driver

So no, one black person amongst all the thousands involved in the sport does not prove anyone can make it.
    If you cannot see that then that is exactly why Lewis feels the need to make the point about lack of diversity.

And i too find his bad loser attitude hard to take at times but that does not distract from the need to speak out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭rock22

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Not technically true, there was a black driver (William Theodore Ribbs Jr) who did a test back in the 80's. Was highly regarded too by a number of people. Won quite a bit in other series.

He did a (failed) test for bernie Eclestone once. He was never a member of a team or drove in a f1 race for any team.

But even if there were two black drivers do you think this negates the argument about blm or about diversity in the sport?

What I don't get about this BLM/discrimination in F1 is can it be shown that black drivers have not been given a.seat because of their colour? Lewis would have you believe so. Where are all these black Karting kids who hit a brick wall once they get to a certain level? If Lewis can show examples of this then people may take him more seriously.

On a similar argument, it could equally be argued that the 100-metre sprint racing discriminates against white people as it's overwhelmgly dominated by blacks. This would, of course, require you to ignore the obvious reason (physical difference between slow and fast-twitch muscles), but I'm still surprised we don't get Usain Bolt calling for more whites taking part.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Not technically true, there was a black driver (William Theodore Ribbs Jr) who did a test back in the 80's. Was highly regarded too by a number of people. Won quite a bit in other series.

There's a film called Uppity on Netflix about him. He was brilliant, but had plenty of attitude, which from a black guy rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

Paul Newman was a fan and helped him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,684 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Uppity is a good watch. Great insight into the situation.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Joeface

There's a film called Uppity on Netflix about him. He was brilliant, but had plenty of attitude, which from a black guy rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way.

Paul Newman was a fan and helped him out.

Just watched that ..cheers for the Tip , enjoyed that .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

I wonder what bandwagon Lewis will jump on this weekend. I am sick of all the media attention being about him all of the time. It is funny, the driver with the least amount of personality getting all of the attention.

I wonder what bandwagon Lewis will jump on this weekend. I am sick of all the media attention being about him all of the time. It is funny, the driver with the least amount of personality getting all of the attention.

The winner getting all the attention! Wow that's ground breaking......

• Advertisement
Advertisement