Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MotoGP, Superbikes and Road Racing 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Scotty # wrote: »

I know Dorna are trying to keep races as tight as possible and have the bikes as even as they can but I don't like the way the factory bikes are becoming the underdogs.

Factory Bikes finished first and second so I am not to sure what point you are trying to make.

Dornas strategy is to level the playing field for the manufacturers - KTM has proven the success of the strategy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Infoanon wrote: »
    Factory Bikes finished first and second so I am not to sure what point you are trying to make.

Dornas strategy is to level the playing field for the manufacturers - KTM has proven the success of the strategy.
    KTM has proven the success of the strategy.
    The genius strategy of hiring Dani Pedrosa as a test rider is the part I think they have benefited most from.
    Dani is a very fast rider and his development over the off season is what I think has made the difference.
    Its easy enough to get near to the podium but the last few tenths are what is hard and unless you have the benefit of a rider as fast as Dani who knows how a fast bike feels you are in a hard place.

Honda are in the place I always said they would be if you make a machine so volatile only one being can ride it.
    RCV undoubtedly an amazing machine in the hands of MM but anyone else not so much.

Yamaha are in a bad place as well, they have been following their own stupid engineering strategy for way too long and have made bad mistakes in their electronic strategies.

The factory team has been more affected by this than the satellite teams which is why you see FM and FQ doing better IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Second place Morbidelli is not on the current Yamaha factory bike. He's on Spec A which I believe is based on last years factory bike. Yamaha or SRT don't provide details on the differences. Quartararo was to race on a Spec A this year but has been upgraded to full factory.

Yamaha, Ducati, and Honda were all beaten by their respective satellites.

Double post, boards acting a bit funny at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

• Advertisement

Yamaha, Ducati, and Honda were all beaten by their respective satellites.

Why is this a bad thing ? , for a starter's it's the way things used to be ,riders ability to the fore and intense competition requiring the factory teams to utilise the independent teams riders input.

However it isn't as straightforward as it has been painted.

Morbidelli was on a different tyre strategy while Fabio and Maverick where in tyre trouble from the off. (The actual spec of the Yams is very nuanced and played little part in how the race played out.

Hondas problems are part of the Jorge fallout and tyre issues.
    Stefan Bradl has hardly been on the bike while Alex is a rookie on a difficult bike (and Honda are Not trying to get rid of him - the plan was to put him in LCR for 2020 but Cals tie ups proved impossible to unwind.Alex is the reigning Moto 2 champion lest we forget).

Ducatis - Simply the GP20 does not work on the new Michelins. The ongoing destabilising of Dovi is not helping the situation.

Dornas strategy is to level the playing field for the manufacturers - KTM has proven the strategy with their success yesterday.
    Nobody wants an F1 situation in Moto gp.

The real winner yesterday though was Rins - a rider who has to limit his laps due to injury came close to a podium- a rider who faces a long layoff if he gets injured again.

Moto gp is in a really good place at the moment.

KTM are currently pounding around Brno with Dani leading their testing - pol for a win in Sunday in Austria ?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭ErnestBorgnine

Portimao has been added to the calendar and will be the last GP of the season on Nov. 22nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Vinales on the other hand... I don;t know how he managed to get another two years out of Yamaha. He was supposed to be this whiz kid coming to Yamaha (much like all the talk of FQ now) but he's been a disappointment to say the least.

he seems to do very well if he isnt put off by another rider but the second someone goes under him its like he is afraid to snap back
    Stefan Bradl has hardly been on the bike while Alex is a rookie on a difficult bike (and Honda are Not trying to get rid of him - the plan was to put him in LCR for 2020 but Cals tie ups proved impossible to unwind).

pol for a win in Sunday in Austria ?

are LCR keeping cal?

why pol and not binder?
    Portimao has been added to the calendar and will be the last GP of the season on Nov. 22nd.

great to see a new track being introduced especially this year. hopefully it is resurfaced properly

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

tommyboy26 wrote: »

great to see a new track being introduced especially this year. hopefully it is resurfaced properly

I can't see Portimao needing to be resurfaced.
    It looked fine yesterday with the Superbikes so I would think the GP bikes would be ok on it.
    I really can't see any resurfacing works happening this year, no punters means a lot of lost revenue to tracks.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    It looked fine yesterday with the Superbikes so I would think the GP bikes would be ok on it.
    I really can't see any resurfacing works happening this year, no punters means a lot of lost revenue to tracks.

It's being resurfaced - the F1 cars are also racing there later this year

• Advertisement

he seems to do very well if he isnt put off by another rider but the second someone goes under him its like he is afraid to snap back
    are LCR keeping cal?
    why pol and not binder?

2020 plan was Alex at LCR
    2021 Alex at LCR - Cal probably at Aprilla , possibly Ducati

Why Pol ? , good question - I think Brad would have won no matter what yesterday but Pol now has to be out to avenge the wrong (in his eyes) of Brad getting KTMs first win after all this was a team build around Pol.
    Pol arguably should have started second on the grid yesterday and with testing today they should be in good shape for Austria.

CJhaughey wrote: »

could of swore i heard suzi perry say it was part of the deal with dorna to sign to come there
    2020 plan was Alex at LCR
    2021 Alex at LCR - Cal probably at Aprilla , possibly Ducati

Why Pol ? , good question - I think Brad would have won no matter what yesterday but Pol now has to be out to avenge the wrong (in his eyes) of Brad getting KTMs first win after all this was a team build around Pol.
    Pol arguably should have started second on the grid yesterday and with testing today they should be in good shape for Austria.

Yea i agree with you but I think the win for brad will be a great boost for his confidence and he will want to show that he is the right person to bring ktm wins

Dovi 100% leaving Ducati at the end of the season. Says he's not in negotiations with anyone else.

Dovi 100% leaving Ducati at the end of the season. Says he's not in negotiations with anyone else.

only open factory seat is aprilla and that is up in the air until october until innonne has his appeal

Very disappointed for Dovi - the relationship with Ducati has Neen over for a while.

Jorge or Pecco lined up to replace him -:got to think it's Jorge otherwise you would hold on to your best rider Dovi - runner up 3 times in a row

Very disappointed by Dovi - the relationship with Ducati has Neen over for a while.

Jorge or Pecco lined up to replace him -:got to think it's Jorge otherwise you would hold on to your best rider Dovi - runner up 3 times in a row

Why disappointed with dovi? I am very disappointed with ducati for the reason you outlined. Runner up 3 times devoted 8 years to them even after they spent a small fortune on lorenzo and he left them high and dry for honda.

Very poor rider management by Ducati imo.

Why disappointed with dovi? I am very disappointed with ducati for the reason you outlined. Runner up 3 times devoted 8 years to them even after they spent a small fortune on lorenzo and he left them high and dry for honda.

Very poor rider management by Ducati imo.

Typo now corrected - disappointed for Dovi

As RossI. Alluded to last week rider management is not Ducatis strong point - Stoner world champion and the only person who could ride the bike left deflated by their antics.
    Jorge - they ignored his calls for changes to the bike ,Ducati where very vocal in their dissapointment with Lorenzo and decide to let him go - make the adjustment he wanted and he wins 3 races.
    For the record Jorge didn't leave Ducati high and dry - they informed him that his contract would not be renewed.
    Dovi - who developed a winless team into potential champions is then abandoned because it's felt he is not capable of being world champion.
    Petrucci is also gone - so Ducati have dropped both of their factory riders, Fabio and Maverick both turned down offers so now they are left with Miller who is struggling and the exciting talent that is Bagnia.
    What they no longer have is the rider capable of beating Marc in head to heads.

Can't see Jorge going back or Ducati even wanting him. I'd love to see Zarco get the seat.

Dovi is a huge loss for Ducati but it seems he wanted more €€€ than they were willing to give.

Can't see Jorge going back or Ducati even wanting him. I'd love to see Zarco get the seat.

Dovi is a huge loss for Ducati but it seems he wanted more €€€ than they were willing to give.

Ducati realised that they made their decision about Jorge too early in '18 and Jorge had that little bit extra that makes him champion that they believe Dovi is missing.
    There has always been a what if Jorge had won one race earlier than Mugello and a believe that Jorge would have challenged for the title in '19 on a Ducati.

There is definitely a pro Lorenzo camp in Ducati but Ciabetti was on BT a few minutes ago saying that they are looking at Johan or Pecco. That could see MarinI going to Avintia.
    However others in Ducati have said (yesterday ) that it was between Dovi,Jorge and Bagnia.

Casey Stoner tweeted Ducati cannot afford to lose Dovi - it's the rider not wind tunnels that wins races... .

Lots of red shirts down in the Avintia garage these days btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

That crash ****. All riders reported conscious. Let’s hope all will be okay. Syahrin took a big one.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Advertisement

h3000 wrote: »
    That crash ****. All riders reported conscious. Let’s hope all will be okay. Syarin took a big one.

So relieved to see all riders concious - horrible crash

h3000 wrote: »
    That crash ****. All riders reported conscious. Let’s hope all will be okay. Syarin took a big one.

Yea it was a big one. Fingers crossed all OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Holy ****ing hell.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Rossi was so lucky there, the other bike went over his head..jaysus.

Fingers crossed...

Rossi and Vinales very very lucky!! That could have very easily been a fatal accident.

Weren't some of the riders expressing safety concerns about here the other day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭4Ad

Rossi is def in shock...
    Good to see Morbidelli walking away...

EfiptEWX0AAo5b1?format=jpg&name=large

Rossi and Vinales very very lucky!! That could have very easily been a fatal accident.

Weren't some of the riders expressing safety concerns about here the other day?

If they raced in wet conditions.

scary crash - thank goodness everyone is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Who were the two managers fighting in the pit?
    Keith Heuwen mentioned it in bt commentary.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Beltby

I'd like to hear who Pol Espargaro is going to blame for this one.

Advertisement