Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy Buds for FREE when moving to Vodafone & TopUp 20 Euro

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

When ordering a SIM from Eir which I am going to use to port over, its asking me for a phone number. If I fill in my current phone number. I'm assuming they aren't going to automatically port over my number to that EIR SIM? I wanted the EIR sim to arrive with a new number, which I would then port to Vodafone.

When ordering a SIM from Eir which I am going to use to port over, its asking me for a phone number. If I fill in my current phone number. I'm assuming they aren't going to automatically port over my number to that EIR SIM? I wanted the EIR sim to arrive with a new number, which I would then port to Vodafone.

It's just a contact number, no porting will take place.

It won't, it's just in case An Post need to contact you if you're not at home when it's delivered. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

great thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

I talked to support on twitter asking about my code, now they're saying Im not eligible because I switched plans after porting? What nonsense is this I hope this is just a massive misunderstanding, I didn't switch any plans, all I did was buy the vodafone X sim and activate it for 20 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

That's a pita.

I went on live chat but got no joy, just told me to wait. I wonder do they even know if I will get a text or not. I presume that's they answer to all queries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Finally ported..i had ordered sim from 48 before 16th..shall i chance 20 bucks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Finally ported..i had ordered sim from 48 before 16th..shall i chance 20 bucks ?

I would risk it. I ordered before the 16th but the port only completed on the 17th and I still got them so you should too.

DopeTech wrote: »
    I would risk it. I ordered before the 16th but the port only completed on the 17th and I still got them so you should too.

Great thanks for that..i contacted chat and they said i am ineligible and when i challenged saying i ordered on 12th they said we will check and u will get a text confirming if u r eligible ! So i may give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Delivered about 20mins ago, I am Happy out, cheers OP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yep just received mine too.
    Happy days.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

Hi maybe a stupid question, but I topped up by €20 an hour ago. My credit back is only .90 but says I have unlimited texts etc on the app. Is this right that €20 bal won’t appear on my account but just activated all Vodafone x benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Yes that's correct. The €20 top-up is used for the X plan, so you don't actually see it (perhaps you might only for a minute or so)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭angelmum

biebiebie wrote: »
    Yes that's correct. The €20 top-up is used for the X plan, so you don't actually see it (perhaps you might only for a minute or so)

Thanks! Hope it isn’t too late to receive a code! Only received my sim today

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Got mine today. Thanks OP.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

applied to switch just there from 3 , let see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Frank11

The deal is gone from the web site. Lets hope it is still running to the original dates as posted in #1.....

Topped up thr with 48 even after port on 22nd..now time to chase them for code ;) ! Will keep u posted

• Registered Users Posts: 10,616 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Originally said promo until the 30th October and then u had until the 13th November to make a call, send text, still haven't got my Vodafone SIM yet to
    port over.
    If they say it's finished now, just won't bother.

Is the galaxy bud product page still there >? If not its gone !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I'm raging. I got this ported over and topped up Wednesday morning but because I was expecting 20€ credit to show up, I waited all day to make a call/send a text. Never got the code on Wed evening like a bunch of others, now the deal is gone, possibly due to no more stock. Gah! To Twitter so!

Sappy404 wrote: »
    I'm raging. I got this ported over and topped up Wednesday morning but because I was expecting 20€ credit to show up, I waited all day to make a call/send a text. Never got the code on Wed evening like a bunch of others, now the deal is gone, possibly due to no more stock. Gah! To Twitter so!

Not for that reason anyway.

https://accessories-22.myshopify.com/collections/free-galaxy-buds-2019-sep-2020/products/samsung-galaxy-buds-2019-black

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That link not working for me now

Link removed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Support told me I would receive the code on the 28th.

Raoul wrote: »
    Support told I would receive the code on the 28th.

How will you claim it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 JamesRLS

Wait, are you serious? The offer is finished? They didnt even honour their original terms and I ported more than a week ago and fulfilled all the conditions! Absolutely ridiculous if this is true

• Advertisement

Site says till stock lasts so I am assuming stock is gone too !

Just going to claim refund of topup thru credit card !

Advertisement