Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cupra Born

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Leonidas BL

Fitz2011 wrote: »
    https://ev-database.org/car/1178/SEAT-el-Born
    Anyone know if this will be available next year? Saying in the link above available from March 2020

I cant see why not. They did say 2020 for their electric car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Fitz2011 wrote: »
    https://ev-database.org/car/1178/SEAT-el-Born
    Anyone know if this will be available next year? Saying in the link above available from March 2020

Maybe in some capacity but I doubt they will allow it to take the thunder from the ID.3....

I would expect demo's maybe towards the end of year after the ID.3 is out in market a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

new video on youtube from Bob.

https://youtu.be/q9ozpXW8zdk

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭scooby77

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    new video on youtube from Bob.

https://youtu.be/q9ozpXW8zdk

Nice machine, range/ performance seem fine, not overly impressive As usual pricing be key.
    As a current Seat owner it's another option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Stunning car to look at inside and out. Let down by a horrible lump of grey plastic around the gear selector and driver screen like an old Citroen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I think aside from Tesla, Seat and Peugeot have the best looking cars coming down the line.

Jaysus 7.5 seconds 0-100 isnt too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,774 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Jaysus 7.5 seconds 0-100 isnt too bad.

+1

Not sure why Bob mentioned that time was not fast. I guess he still has fairly limited experience in driving EVs.

It's not the 0-100km/h where EVs excel, it's the initial take off from traffic lights. Effortlessly, and without abusing the clutch like you would have to in a traditional manual ICE car

saying in UK likely cost £26,000

anyone have any idea what would that mean in Ireland taking into account the EV vrt and vat rates?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

glasso wrote: »
    saying in UK likely cost £26,000

anyone have any idea what would that mean in Ireland taking into account the EV vrt and vat rates?

Just a guess but I would say at least 36k maybe even into the 40s.

A Hyundai Kona is 36 k and this is a bigger car so it will be that at least.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »

But, its designed from the ground up as an electric car. Not an ordinary car with electric shoved into it. Im gonna say it'll start at around 35k.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

I think Hyundai were fully aware they had the first 64kw sub-€100k BEV on the market and charged accordingly

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭bonoman66

AMKC wrote: »

I don't believe you'll currently be able to purchase a brand new Ireland Spec Hyundai Kona Electric in the Republic of Ireland for 36K - you can add nearly 4k to that price. Its definitely retailing nearer the 39k-40k mark from what I've seen ?

spotted this article in the Seat Ireland website, no mention of price or pre-register details etc. but ill be watching with interest.

https://www.seat.ie/company/news/cars/seat-el-born-concept-car.html

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

This car appears to be very VW ID3

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

slave1 wrote: »

Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Patser

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Shocking

Has it loose wiring too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

slave1 wrote: »

Swap the badge out and you have an ID.3 :D

when are they taking bookings for the el-born? will it be like the ID.3 pre-register 1st edition

i guess it wont happen until all the ID.3 first editions are paid for. :(

would be good to have 2 options before committing to the I.D.3

Mc-BigE wrote: »
    when are they taking bookings for the el-born?

The SEAT equivalents of VW cars are generally a bit cheaper, so have less margin. You can be sure that VAG wants to sell a lot of ID.3 before selling any el-Born

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Has anyone heard/read anymore about timelines on the el-Born? It's all gone very quiet since March. I haven't even seen anything about when the production model will be officially launched - we knew the ID3 was going to be at Frankfurt from early in the year.

I agree that VW will get a head start but I'd just like to if that's going to be 6/12/18/24 months! A WhatCar article previewing future EVs did have it listed as available in 2020. That would be awesome but I'm not sure it'll happen.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Looks like the SEAT El-Born has been morphed into the Cupra El-Born
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-cupra-el-born-vw-group%E2%80%99s-first-ev-hot-hatch

Hopefully they release it in with the 58kWh and the price premium isn't too high over the equivalent ID.3.

2-cupra-elborn.jpg?itok=1h8G4pFD

Looks very similar to the ID.3

Normally SEAT and Skoda are a bit cheaper than their more upmarket VW twin / triplet, so surely that should be the case here too?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

It's basically an ID.3 with a sports jacket. They are using Cupra to move towards the sportier end of the market, as Skoda was crowding SEAT out of the cheap end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

That is a nice aggressive front-end! Lovely looking car.... this could be a big hit depending on where the price falls. Seems though that Cupra in the UK at least are only sold at a limited number of Seat dealers, but I suppose that will only grow.

That is a nice aggressive front-end! Lovely looking car.... this could be a big hit depending on where the price falls. Seems though that Cupra in the UK at least are only sold at a limited number of Seat dealers, but I suppose that will only grow.

They are sold here also by a limited number of dealers, if not just one dealer. I think you could be right about it being a hit, I mean it looks awesome and apparently will be around the price of a Golf GTi

• Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

liamog wrote: »
    Looks like the SEAT El-Born has been morphed into the Cupra El-Born
    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/new-2021-cupra-el-born-vw-group%E2%80%99s-first-ev-hot-hatch

Hopefully they release it in with the 58kWh and the price premium isn't too high over the equivalent ID.3.

Interesting that the 0-100 time mentioned is much the same as the ID.3 1st edition.

I’ve a feeling the ID.3 1st is going to be good value for money

KCross wrote: »
    Interesting that the 0-100 time mentioned is much the same as the ID.3 1st edition.

I’ve a feeling the ID.3 1st is going to be good value for money

It dose not mention a 1-100 time for the Cupra. The time mentioned is the concept version which has less power.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,070 ✭✭✭✭KCross

It dose not mention a 1-100 time for the Cupra. The time mentioned is the concept version which has less power.

It mentions 2.9s for 0-31 for the Cupra so wouldn’t that roughly align with the ID.3 1st edition?

Advertisement