Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Polish Mayor murdered on stage

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

Stefan Molyneux (not the most popular guy on here, I know) attended the march last November and made a documentary about it. It actually brought him to tears...

What was the reason for him to shed a tear?

- he was surrounded by nazis/fascists and was scared for his life,
    - he knew that an explosion in such a big gathering was imminent,
    - he had spotted a big lorry going in his direction...

Watch from 16:57 to 20:10 to find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

If the perpetrator was a Muslim this thread would be a fap fest and as busy as the toxic masculinity thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Also, Andy has previously said he can't wait for the days when lefties are 'hanging from lamp posts'..... So a bit of a fascist in his own right.......

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭AndyTheDude

batgoat wrote: »
    Also, Andy has previously said he can't wait for the days when lefties are 'hanging from lamp posts'..... So a bit of a fascist in his own right.......

That was after watching that disgusting video of a 11 year old performing as a drag queen in a gay bar. Shocking stuff altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Lefty Bicek

magma69 wrote: »
    If the perpetrator was a Muslim...

Luckily, the Poles have more sense than to mindlessly invite that possibility into their midst.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,816 ✭✭✭skooterblue2

'To say that I'm skeptical about all the above is an understatement' is an understatement.

Which part? Its all there. The guy was on the Autistic Spectrum, he helped migrants learn English. No history of violence. Doesnt it sound odd?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,972 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Stefan Molyneux (not the most popular guy on here, I know) attended the march last November and made a documentary about it. It actually brought him to tears...

'Far right guy touched by being surrounded by others of his ilk'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,744 ✭✭✭SeanW

Yes, the murderer had obviously had a problem with judging his own actions as wrong, it's hard to imagine someone with right senses to commit such a crime. But what is worse is what triggered such action, and political climate created but governing party has a lot to answer. Hateful rhetoric just brought its fruits, not first time in history
    I just love the double standard here.

When a leftist Bernie Sanders supporter went on a shooting spree to kill US Republicans, he's a nutcase. When a Islamist drives a truck into a Christmas market, he's a "lone wolf". Nothing to do with religion or even ideology, even if he's openly shouting Allahu Akhbar. But when an actual nut-case kills a lefty, it's "Hateful rhetoric" of people on the Right that is to blame ...

Newsflash, there are bad people in all walks of life and the assassination of politicians is not uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Earthsnotflat

Hateful rhetoric is just that, does it matter whether political or religious? It heats up atmosphere and, yes , for some disturbed individuals it might be enough to activate them fir action. That's why role of political discourse should be to cool things . You can't really expect that from authoritarian religions, but european democracy? Yes you should expect that and democracy should care about that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Which part? Its all there. The guy was on the Autistic Spectrum, he helped migrants learn English. No history of violence. Doesnt it sound odd?

Not really given he was getting filled with far right hate filled sh*te for ages, from websites to publications (that he even wrote in to at times), to the national front and edl. As you said, people with MH issues are prone to are more easily swayed by that stuff (be it left, right, islamist, or otherwise) - this also explains why he shouted Britain First' while murdering her. He was declared sane when he committed the act, and they found a info on how to make bombs in his house.

Given that far right and right wing media (standard disclaimer before the predictable 'offended' response from someone: this does not encompass all conservative media) has basically devolved into a cult of hate that identifies far more with what it hates rather than what it stands for, its not surprising that it happened. If they're not intentionally trying to radicalise people, they should stop using such similar methods to the likes of ISIS' previous Dabiq publications.

• Advertisement

Hateful rhetoric is just that, does it matter whether political or religious? It heats up atmosphere and, yes , for some disturbed individuals it might be enough to activate them fir action. That's why role of political discourse should be to cool things . You can't really expect that from authoritarian religions, but european democracy? Yes you should expect that and democracy should care about that

So does idiotic political decision-making. People are not fooled by impressively calm rhetoric about that. Rightly so.

So does idiotic political decision-making. People are not fooled by impressively calm rhetoric about that. Rightly so.

I totally agree, it's completely idiotic and detrimental to pander to racism and xenophobia as part of your political rhetoric. It's completely destructive towards the democratic process to hijack the judiciary. All bad decisions.

I totally agree, it's completely idiotic and detrimental to pander to racism and xenophobia as part of your political rhetoric. It's completely destructive towards the democratic process to hijack the judiciary. All bad decisions.

On the subject of idiotic, detrimental, bad decisions -

name the idiocy that 'wir schaffen das' pandered to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Well when an autistic guy with no previous history of violence and help migrants integrate...... it is a bit unusual. Also Autistic people and people with mental health difficulties are susceptible to brain washing.

I think Jo Cox was a sacrificial lamb for the remain campaign.

I definitely think this mayor was a concern to this government.

There is a Conspiracy Theory forum you know.

SeanW wrote: »
    I just love the double standard here.

When a leftist Bernie Sanders supporter went on a shooting spree to kill US Republicans, he's a nutcase. When a Islamist drives a truck into a Christmas market, he's a "lone wolf". Nothing to do with religion or even ideology, even if he's openly shouting Allahu Akhbar. But when an actual nut-case kills a lefty, it's "Hateful rhetoric" of people on the Right that is to blame ...

Newsflash, there are bad people in all walks of life and the assassination of politicians is not uncommon.

Equally, whenever a Muslim is quoted at having mental issues it is scoffed at as a cover up. We can recognise both the issues that the individual has and the ideology that pushed them. Isis use Islam to control and manipulate vulnerable young men to do bad things. Far right and left politics create similar atmospheres that push vulnerable people to do the wrong thing. At present it is much more prevalent in the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Gdansk mayor killing seems like a criminal grudge by a disturbed men, a political atmosphere can add to that but did it? Don't know if people placing too much political importance on this murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

This was very sad, but really seems to be down to a lone nutcase with a grudge rather than a political assassination. I've visited Gdansk a lot in the last year and it's a fine city and a bit of an undiscovered gem (for the moment at least). I have friends from there who wouldn't necessarily vote for the city president, but spoke well of him and were pretty horrified by what happened. Gdansk people pride themselves on the city's recent history and would have concerns about where the current government is taking Poland. I don't profess to be a expert in Polish affairs (and judging by some of the sh!te being spouted on this thread, I'm clearly not the only one :rolleyes:) so I'll just say RIP to Mr Adamowicz....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

blastman wrote: »
    This was very sad, but really seems to be down to a lone nutcase with a grudge rather than a political assassination....... so I'll just say RIP to Mr Adamowicz....
    It was very clear when the news first broke that this was indeed the case.
    The OP has a very specific agenda, and using this killing to further that agenda is just plain sad, but not surprising from this particular poster. It's why I have him/her on the ignore list for some time.
    Maybe others should do the same.

And indeed, RIP to Mr. Adamowicz.

To say it's not political is a tad dishonest, the charity event has always attracted political conspiracies. Eg that it's a part of a Jewish conspiracy. As already pointed out, the man was issued a "death cert" two years back because of his political stances... So to say politics and vilifying him because of his political views didn't contribute to his death is a tad dishonest. Particularly when the ruling party was doing it. So ignore away Kivaro,I'm distraught.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/poles-blame-toxic-political-climate-for-murder-of-gdansk-mayor-1.3759201?mode=amp

Also plenty of Poles I know view it as political btw..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,126 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

If he's referring to himself, that asshole is abusing the title Philosopher.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

To say it's not political is a tad dishonest, the charity event has always attracted political conspiracies. Eg that it's a part of a Jewish conspiracy. As already pointed out, the man was issued a "death cert" two years back because of his political stances... So to say politics and vilifying him because of his political views didn't contribute to his death is a tad dishonest. Particularly when the ruling party was doing it. So ignore away Kivaro,I'm distraught.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/europe/poles-blame-toxic-political-climate-for-murder-of-gdansk-mayor-1.3759201?mode=amp

Also plenty of Poles I know view it as political btw..

Luckily I didn't say that, then. At the moment, it seems that this killer acted alone and only killed Mr. Adamowicz due to his own mental illness which meant blaming the mayor for curtailing his career in armed robbery.

• Advertisement
Advertisement