Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

In total there were 55,199,552 entries into this draw from all participating countries.

Standby for 'rolldown' on Tues 8th Oct, assuming three or more 4x balls keep showing up, week after week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

In total there were 55,199,552 entries into this draw from all participating countries.

Standby for 'rolldown' on Tues 8th Oct, assuming three or more 4x balls keep showing up, week after week.

Sorry can you explain this, I don’t understand, cheers

• Site Banned Posts: 17 PennyWiseClown

Just shows what an utter waste of money this is, hundreds of millions playing each week and no one winning the jackpot, despite probability wise it should have been won by now.

put your €208 a year toward something else.
    Childs education maybe ?

snowgal wrote: »
    Sorry can you explain this, I don’t understand, cheers

If balls such as 40,41,42... keep coming out, the jackpot won't be won. After 5 max-capped jackpots of €190m it's forced to rolldown, so having 5+1stars will net an estimated 40mill or so.

Just shows what an utter waste of money this is, hundreds of millions playing each week and no one winning the jackpot, despite probability wise it should have been won by now.
    put your €208 a year toward something else.
    Childs education maybe ?
    Yes and estimated 100m tickets are sold weekly, with odds of 130m/1.
    Problem is the on-going 4x saturation is on the upper extreme end of the bell curve, and has been voiding all common birthday range arrays.

Personally am up about 1,500 so far this year, after a calculated hotpick trio win, and also won bunches of doubles last year.
    Only bother with the full price ticket on these very high rollovers. Otherwise it's just two or three low-price hotpicks. The coming rolldown in Oct may represent very high EV and is unlikely to be repeated.

On the plus side taxes are collected from tickets, some may go to good causes and math educators often use lotteries as study examples for probability, stats and so on. Education itself is pretty much free these days anyway thanks to growing free eLearning resources.

All Lottos should only ever be considered as light entertainment and any spending on them should be very minimal <0.5% net. Would like to see any type of smoking - face an outright total global ban, before something such a simple lottery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Personally am up about 1,500 so far this year, after a calculated hotpick trio win, and also won bunches of doubles last year.
    Only bother with the full price ticket on these very high rollovers. Otherwise it's just two or three low-price hotpicks. The coming rolldown in Oct may represent very high EV and is unlikely to be repeated.

Can you explain what a hotpick is?

Can you explain what a hotpick is?
    Based on a similar principle to camelots own 'hotpick' thing across the water: https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/games/euromillions-hotpicks/about-euromillions-hotpicks equates to bigger prizes for fewer numbers and for less cost.

AFAIK it's the only lotto that offers a solid 1m for 5/50 for 1.50 cost. Odds 2m/1 for prize of 1m, which may eqautes out slightly using various methodologies.

Local bookies offer this and often at even better odds than above, perhaps though with some max payout limits. One other risk is that something like having the wrong date or unclear writing an a slip could void it. On the plus side, tiny stakes can be used e.g. 0.10.

Again should only ever be viewed as light entertainment, if you really want to get rich: become a Plumber/Plasterer, learn Ruby/Go/ObjC or knock in a few years at med school to beome a Consultant 3DP Orthopedic Surgeon.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭AlphabetCards

Based on a similar principle to camelots own 'hotpick' thing across the water: https://www.national-lottery.co.uk/games/euromillions-hotpicks/about-euromillions-hotpicks equates to bigger prizes for fewer numbers and for less cost.

AFAIK it's the only lotto that offers a solid 1m for 5/50 for 1.50 cost. Odds 2m/1 for prize of 1m, which may eqautes out slightly using various methodologies.

Local bookies offer this and often at even better odds than above, perhaps though with some max payout limits. One other risk is that something like having the wrong date or unclear writing an a slip could void it. On the plus side, tiny stakes can be used e.g. 0.10.

Again should only ever be viewed as light entertainment, if you really want to get rich: become a Plumber/Plasterer, learn Ruby/Go/ObjC or knock in a few years at med school to beome a Consultant 3DP Orthopedic Surgeon.

You are the poster AH needs!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I'm like an anti christ
    Rockin thought I did it the app but didn't press buy now

• Registered Users Posts: 20,496 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Still no winner of the €190 million. Seven with 5 + 1 got nearly €2.3 million each, none of them in Ireland.

• Advertisement

No winner. Eight, including one from Ireland got €2.5 million each for 5 + 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is that the cascade effect over or does it continue?

Tue is the capped (forced) rolldown, if less than a dozen 5+1, they'll get about x10 what they did tonight.
    However if the birthday balls come up instead of the 4x's, could see 15-20 of the secondary, or likely a straight 5+2 jackpot.

The ideal scenario would be zero top end wins, and everyone with 4*/* or 5 gets a good few wads on Euro-mills, before it's becomes Euro-ills with a pending global recession and brexitious.
    Top tip: Don't buy a ticket in Switzerland (if over topping up the aul accounts) and la chocolate, they slap (levy) 35% tax on any winnings over CHF1 million.

Tue is the capped (forced) rolldown, if less than a dozen 5+1, they'll get about x10 what they did tonight.
    However if the birthday balls come up instead of the 4x's, could see 15-20 of the secondary, or likely a straight 5+2 jackpot.

The ideal scenario would be zero top end wins, and everyone with 4*/* or 5 gets a good few wads on Euro-mills, before it's becomes Euro-ills with a pending global recession and brexitious.
    Top tip: Don't buy a ticket in Switzerland (if over topping up the aul accounts) and la chocolate, they slap (levy) 35% tax on any winnings over CHF1 million.

I was talking to someone about it at the game in Oriel Park tonight. He said that Portugal taxes the winnings. Next Tuesday is my birthday, so I expect they have been holding back the money just for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,271 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Can't believe I haven't won it AGAIN! That's 15 years in a row I haven't won it. Jeez.

One winner got the €190 million. Not in Ireland. Four with 5 + 1 got over €5 million each, none of them in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,170 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

One winner got the €190 million. Not in Ireland. Four with 5 + 1 got over €5 million each, none of them in Ireland.

A poor Irish performance, we need to take it more seriously next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

What a joke that was.

Only 5 people won a life changing amount, and only 105 won over 1k - that's for 9 countries / over 200m population.

Top prize for Ireland was €3.8k

Nearly 3 million people won €4, including me!

Someone did win the 500k in the Ireland only draw though.

JwD3jYT.png

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joke alright

Did 3 Irish not win 500k last Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Birthday numbers doing quite well there, so a bit surprised there wasn’t more success

callaway92 wrote: »
    Birthday numbers doing quite well there, so a bit surprised there wasn’t more success

I think the theory is that if only birthday numbers come up, there will be lots of winners. There were three or four birthday numbers in a lot of the draws with no winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Cant log into app or website. Anyone else the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Won something but can't check because they are down for maintenance

Maintenance Notification
    Due to scheduled maintenance we are currently offline. We will be restoring regular service as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Did they say where the winner is ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

App isn't working but the numbers are up on Aertel.

Apparently the jackpot was won in the UK.

Could be in the North, like a very big winner a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Maintenance Notification
    Due to scheduled maintenance we are currently offline. We will be restoring regular service as soon as possible.

Brutal timing! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,666 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Won something as well (two draws in a row) but I'm guessing just 4 quid. Was a fiver on Friday.

Advertisement