Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euromillions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,036 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Anyone know the raffle numbers that came in? Site is down for myself as well (although the message on my screen says its due to traffic)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,552 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

See post #140.

This is what the winning ticket is getting in Sterling.

£170,221,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

If they go through with Brexit can we kick them out of the euro millions too, so many of these huge jackpots are won in the UK.

Switzerland is in it too. It is not an EU thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,267 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

.G. wrote: »
    If they go through with Brexit can we kick them out of the euro millions too, so many of these huge jackpots are won in the UK.

They should have a special €190million draw to rub their face in it the night after Brexit :D

There are changes to Euromillions. The top jackpot is going up to €200 million, with the possibility of going to €250 million. More bad news for the unfortunates who get kidnapped and murdered when they win.

https://www.lottery.ie/useful-info/euromillions-game-changes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

More bad news for the unfortunates who get kidnapped and murdered when they win.

Hmmm? Murdered?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

There are changes to Euromillions. The top jackpot is going up to €200 million, with the possibility of going to €250 million. More bad news for the unfortunates who get kidnapped and murdered when they win.

I'm happy to take that chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

They should have a special €190million draw to rub their face in it the night after Brexit :D

https://www.euro-millions.com/brexit

‘Yes, UK residents can still play EuroMillions after Brexit. You do not need to live in an EU country to buy tickets.
    In fact, Brexit has helped Brits win bigger in the EuroMillions as the lower the value the pound, the better the prize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,937 ✭✭✭thesandeman

https://www.euro-millions.com/brexit

‘Yes, UK residents can still play EuroMillions after Brexit. You do not need to live in an EU country to buy tickets.
    In fact, Brexit has helped Brits win bigger in the EuroMillions as the lower the value the pound, the better the prize.

^^

The biggest issue is this change means the lower prizes are even further reduced, they are already terrible. I had 4 numbers recently in the main draw (all main numbers not plus ones) so 4/5 numbers correct and I got 40 quid, even 4 in the euromillions plus would be a few thousand.

4 numbers should be seeing a 5 figure prize imo, I’d reduce the jackpot to enable this rather than increase it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

The biggest issue is this change means the lower prizes are even further reduced, they are already terrible. I had 4 numbers recently in the main draw (all main numbers not plus ones) so 4/5 numbers correct and I got 40 quid, even 4 in the euromillions plus would be a few thousand.
    4 numbers should be seeing a 5 figure prize imo, I’d reduce the jackpot to enable this rather than increase it.
    4 numbers in the (hotpicks version) of euromills is a solid 30k.

This latest change is yet another reason not to ever touch the regular shop ticket with the tricky 139m/1 jackpot target.

Unless it's:
    i) Part of very large syndicate upon 200m super-rollovers.
    ii) Rare novelty gift item, to stick in a card when ideas run dry.
    iii) If data metrics suggests six hot numbers and duo of luckystars are overdue.
    iv) When a seagull drops it's stuff on you, two magpies and a black cat cross your path, the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Why do you need so much money:)

4 numbers in the (hotpicks version) of euromills is a solid 30k.

This latest change is yet another reason not to ever touch the regular shop ticket with the tricky 139m/1 jackpot target.

Unless it's:
    iii) If data metrics suggests six hot numbers and duo of luckystars are overdue.
    iv) When a seagull drops it's stuff on you, two magpies and a black cat cross your path, the moon is in the Seventh House and Jupiter aligns with Mars.

Problem is I have always done the same numbers so it if I don’t do it and they ever all came up.......
    Why do you need so much money:)

10k is feck all money for 4 numbers and why wouldn’t you want the jackpot. It would be completely life changing, worries gone and a life of absolute luxury ahead for you and many many generations of your family.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭KilOit

That's crazy, each prize is nearly halved so the top prize can get more media coverage when it hits the cap faster to generate more money into the game. Everyone is worse off except the 0.0000001% person that wins it but after 100mil win what does another 100mil really mean? Who needs more.
    Won't be playing this game again, only ever played once in a blue moon but not anymore.
    13000 to 1 chance of winning over €50 is mental anyway

Problem is I have always done the same numbers so if I don’t do it and they ever all came up.......
    But in relative perspective the odds are so crazy 139m/1
    Perhaps do a hotpick on 5balls is a cool 1mill.

10k is feck all money for 4 numbers and why wouldn’t you want the jackpot. It would be completely life changing, worries gone and a life of absolute luxury ahead for you and many many generations of your family.
    Think, 4 balls on the regular ticket will likely get sub-500 notes.

4 balls on the hotpick is 30,000 guaranteed, and for less outlay.

KilOit wrote: »
    That's crazy, each prize is nearly halved so the top prize can get more media coverage when it hits the cap faster to generate more money into the game. Everyone is worse off except the 0.0000001% person that wins it but after 100mil win what does another 100mil really mean? Who needs more.
    Won't be playing this game again, only ever played once in a blue moon but not anymore.
    13000 to 1 chance of winning over €50 is mental anyway

More big prizes brings in more players, nothing crazy about it. If you look at the results for Ireland, it won't make much difference. A couple of dozen people getting maybe €120 instead of €160 for 4 + 1.

The big losers will be 4 + 2, but getting around €3K when one more number might get €190 million was always a bit mad anyway. And often there is no 4 + 2 in Ireland.

Think, 4 balls on the regular ticket will likely get sub-500 notes.

4 balls on the hotpick is 30,000 guaranteed, and for less outlay.

4 balls on the regular ticket was 40 euro for me a few weeks ago, my point was that it should be at least 10k.

I know the same 4 balls would be 25k for a 3.50 stake in the bookies.

I think I’m just going to keep doing the euromillions as normal but start doing a subset of the numbers in the bookies. Probably leave it at 3 numbers which is about 700/1 (sorry they are odds on the irish lotto as PP don’t appear to have the euromillions online).

4 balls on the regular ticket was 40 euro for me a few weeks ago, my point was that it should be at least 10k.

I know the same 4 balls would be 25k for a 3.50 stake in the bookies.

I think I’m just going to keep doing the euromillions as normal but start doing a subset of the numbers in the bookies. Probably leave it at 3 numbers which is about 700/1 (sorry they are odds on the irish lotto as PP don’t appear to have the euromillions online).

Ah ok, yes should be a couple of thousand anyway on regular ticket.
    Think the bookies (some may vary) do 30k (per euro). Even the official Camelot hotpick game (only available across the water) is 30k for 1.50gbp (allows for their extra profits/good causes thing).

3balls (on HP) is 1,500 notes, as won this twice during the end of 2019.

• Advertisement

Ah ok, yes should be a couple of thousand anyway on regular ticket.
    Think the bookies (some may vary) do 30k (per euro). Even the official Camelot hotpick game (only available across the water) is 30k for 1.50gbp (allows for their extra profits/good causes thing).

3balls (on HP) is 1,500 notes, as won this twice during the end of 2019.

Where do you do the hot pick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

In the Most Beautiful Women thread .......

Often head to the local independent bookie, but also travel up and down the M1, also and have VPN, Mifi/dongles and various accounts etc, so can also access the Camelot official one.

To be honest the bookies can often be shysters, so you need the docket to be 100% clear and worthy or they'll reject it. Something simple like a wrong date/day or terminology can result in a void.

If they can short-change they will, so count any monies twice, put in zipped pocket and don't stop to chat to any friendly vagrants on the way out.

Often head to the local independent bookie, but also travel up and down the M1, also and have VPN, Mifi/dongles and various accounts etc, so can also access the Camelot official one.

To be honest the bookies can often be shysters, so you need the docket to be 100% clear and worthy or they'll reject it. Something simple like a wrong date/day or terminology can result in a void.

If they can short-change they will, so count any monies twice, put in zipped pocket and don't stop to chat to any friendly vagrants on the way out.

I do most of my betting online, don’t see hotpick on the PP app so assume it must be an in shop thing only?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Unless it's:

you could have put points iii and iv together

you could have put points iii and iv together
    Maybe... but had couple of trebles last year and a very close shave on the quad so far this year. Didn't luckydip from a hat (the hotpicks), rather all selections are based on some dynamic methodologies.
    Of course no where as practical when choosing the 6+2 for those main super-jackpots, in that case, yes indeed wait for a passing seagul to make it a luckyday to play.

Someone in Ireland got the top prize tonight. A bit unlucky to hit it when it was the minimum €17 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Someone in Ireland got the top prize tonight. A bit unlucky to hit it when it was the minimum €17 million.

17 million is not unlucky

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,289 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

skinny90 wrote: »
    17 million is not unlucky

Its like your wife telling you you've a bigger dick than your brother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

Its like your wife telling you you've a bigger dick than your brother.

How many wife’s can you buy with 17 mill tho

Advertisement