Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,687 ✭✭✭buried

Will be interesting to see what sort of number take up will be for this craic. From that ad they seem to be marketing this as a sort of outdoor mediocre grey cloud camping holiday with added chocolate profiterole's for breakfast. All of which you can do up any of the 20 Slieve mountains here already for much cheaper and way better craic. Plus if you go to our actual mountains/outdoors you can swing it it for the few weeks we get the good weather because you can go anytime you like

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No dice. Clearly aimed at people who own children and all the high pitched screaming that entails.

Would be hell on earth for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

If only they had experience in this market to ensure they had a good product

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

I think it'll be very positive for everyone. Yep, it's expensive. Don't go then. Yeah, it's in County Longford - so? It'll be the same on the inside as any of the others. Providing loads of jobs in an area that traditionally doesn't do well economically. Plus, we don't really have anything like it in the country at present, so it's a new amenity for whoever chooses to use it.

That advert sucks, though.

Why's it called Centre *Parc*?

Leave us back the K you knuts

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Haven't booked yet but will likely for next year I'm thinking. Waiting to see how the reviews are for the first year before giving it a whirl.

Went to Italy for 2 weeks last year, enjoyed it but the travelling with kids was a total nightmare. Also wild expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We went to a similar set up in Denmark and it was just savage fun. The pool alone is enough of an attraction for me. Lazy rivers, loads of water slides, great temperature, ice cream by the poolside cafe, no stupid pointless swimming hats.

Tesco are doing a boost with their vouchers, up to 160 euro discount with 40 euro Tesco vouchers. Might try that next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Why's it called Centre *Parc*?

Leave us back the K you knuts

It's worse than that, it's actually Center Parcs, so US spelling of centre and French spelling of parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I’d guess staff costs here are a lot higher than in UK and on the continent. 1 reasonable reason why costs are higher.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,231 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

A few people have mentioned the problem with Trabolgan is the skangers there. Well, think of the Centre Parcs price as a skanger tax. You won't get them there.

I was in one UK, I'd definitely consider it again. Airport and transfers with kids are a pain in the hole. Although, I definitely wouldn't bother with it without kids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Addle wrote:
    I’d guess staff costs here are a lot higher than in UK and on the continent. 1 reasonable reason why costs are higher.

They're not.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 johnjacob

not enough rain in that ad

Who said Asian tourists? From Asia? Or from Ireland? Because who in their right mind is going to come from Asia, to center parcs Ireland?

Are ya mad

and 8 hours plus trip, not even direct mostly

The center parcs in the UK are full of English people, not blow ins, there are plenty of things to do on the continent already rather than go for an expensive rain soaked week in Ireland or the UK

People be dreaming

The price is mad, be better staying in Blanc and going the NAC over a long weekend

Trabolgans a dream by the way, been there manys the time

Dated? This not far from dated most of us were brought up, so get off your high horses

• Registered Users Posts: 19,731 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Cienciano wrote: »
    A few people have mentioned the problem with Trabolgan is the skangers there. Well, think of the Centre Parcs price as a skanger tax. You won't get them there.

I was in one UK, I'd definitely consider it again. Airport and transfers with kids are a pain in the hole. Although, I definitely wouldn't bother with it without kids

id pay the extra to keep skangers out

and echo others, travelling with kids isnt easy, lot to be said to drive somewhere and have everything in one complex.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,294 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Cyrus wrote: »
    id pay the extra to keep skangers out

and echo others, travelling with kids isnt easy, lot to be said to drive somewhere and have everything in one complex.

That’s the big draw for a lot of people, traveling with kids can be stressful and many will pay a premium to avoid it.
    I won’t be rushing to it but I’m sure maybe in a year or so I’ll give it a bash. I really struggle to see why some people are so negative about the place. It’s a good thing for Longford.

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is that an outdoor swimming pool in the ad? In Ireland?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

My Wife booked centre parc in Longford for us and the kids, we took two cabins and for a week in September it worked out @ 2400 euros....and you could not book any actives as they were not up yet (booked in January)...

We have spent another 1000 euros on the actives....Jesus in a blanket...it is dear....

Any way a word of warning......we booked in January for September, we paid 730 deposit and another 200 of the holiday. In March we were considering cancelling the booking, and rang up the customer service enquiring about cancelling the booking.

They informed us that we would lose the 730 euros deposit...we were giving 6 months’ notice for god sake yet they would not return the deposit. I mean if they kept 200 euros fine but 730....anyway we did not cancel, but just letting you know.....book only if you are going.

My Wife booked centre parc in Longford for us and the kids, we took two cabins and for a week in September it worked out @ 2400 euros....and you could not book any actives as they were not up yet (booked in January)...

We have spent another 1000 euros on the actives....Jesus in a blanket...it is dear....

Any way a word of warning......we booked in January for September, we paid 730 deposit and another 200 of the holiday. In March we were considering cancelling the booking, and rang up the customer service enquiring about cancelling the booking.

They informed us that we would lose the 730 euros deposit...we were giving 6 months’ notice for god sake yet they would not return the deposit. I mean if they kept 200 euros fine but 730....anyway we did not cancel, but just letting you know.....book only if you are going.

You've to pay separately for the activities??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

They're not.

They are. You think minimum wage here is matched on the continent?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,318 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Family lodges nearing completion. This will be a huge economic boost for Longford.

Someone losing their wallet would be a huge economic boost for Longford.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »

It's definitely not all inclusive:

https://www.centerparcs.ie/content/dam/centerparcs/activity-pricing/Longford-Forest.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

awec wrote: »

Yes, you have to book them....things like the Zip line, tree trek, treasure hunt, bowling...the only thing free is the pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

kowloon wrote: »
    Someone losing their wallet would be a huge economic boost for Longford.

Don't be a gimp

3400 for a week in September, fair play if you are willing to spend that amount but it's not worth it for a week in Ireland basically captive on a Campsite.

Addle wrote:
    They are. You think minimum wage here is matched on the continent?

Again they are not, have a look at pay rates in the UK and convert sterling to Euro.

Graham wrote: »

That's pretty pricey.

You'd have to be doing stuff to avoid being bored, it would soon add up to really significant money for a family of four at those prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

The prices sound nuts, but they have 90% present occupancy year-round in their other properties so they must be doing something right.

It's definitely not priced to appeal to those on a tight budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭mikekerry

3400 for a week in September, fair play if you are willing to spend that amount but it's not worth it for a week in Ireland basically captive on a Campsite.

and throw in another grand or so on misc items such as food that is one very expensive week.
    bad form they won't return the deposit.

• Advertisement

mikekerry wrote:
    and throw in another grand or so on misc items such as food that is one very expensive week. bad form they won't return the deposit.

To be honest I would take the hit on the deposit and head to Sunny climes.

Advertisement