Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Center Parcs Experience

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 8 Trumpet22

Would not be my cup of tea.

And what's the point of bringing young kids on holiday anyways? Talk of bringing toddlers? Leave them with someone else and enjoy yourselves. Young kids have no thanks for it anyways. All it does is see holidays as a right rather than a luxury.

Like what benefit is there to bring a 5 year old or 6 month old on a holiday? They won't remember or appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,757 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Trumpet22 wrote: »

And what's the point of bringing young kids on holiday anyways? Talk of bringing toddlers? Leave them with someone else and enjoy yourselves. Young kids have no thanks for it anyways. All it does is see holidays as a right rather than a luxury.

Like what benefit is there to bring a 5 year old or 6 month old on a holiday? They won't remember or appreciate it.

you are trolling

Lots of options. Lodges, mobile homes, bungalows, stands and tents.

i presume the price changes accordingly ?

anyway the idea of driving somewhere, to stay in reasonably comfortable accommodation, with all the stuff kids want, with loads of people in the same boat, with no luggage allowance, is relatively appealing.

Cyrus wrote: »
    you are trolling

Can you tell me what the benefit is?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

So I guess you don't have children so?

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement

Can you tell me what the benefit is?

of taking a 5 year old on holiday? do you have a 5 year old?

i agree re a toddler but sometimes there is no option.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Maybe its expensive so as to keep the scum out. Wayne Sharon and their various children can go to Benidorm a lot cheaper

So I guess you don't have children so?

I don't. But if I did I certainly wouldn't be spending a grand on a holiday they don't even know they are on. A trip to the zoo is just as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I'm not one for family resorts. Ours always find something to entertain themselves with and we pick locations oh and I would like if we went on our own. Except we prefer self catering accommodation.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I don't. But if I did I certainly wouldn't be spending a grand on a holiday they don't even know they are on. A trip to the zoo is just as good.

Absolutely, the Mrs and I have the same conversation every year.

Will we go on holiday for a couple of weeks or take a trip to the zoo.

A week is generally enough, any longer than that and the penguins start and get a little monotonous. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

No huge effort needed bringing kids on foreign holiday, once you have it we’ll planned out and go somewhere age appropriate with plenty of activities it really isn’t a big deal.
    I would prefer to spend a nice week in the sun and a nice beach than a damp forest in Ireland.
    I wouldn’t mind giving a weekend a go as kids probably would enjoy it but not at the prices they are currently charging.

stop talking about what you know nothing about then :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 hopaxo

tents for sure

that's the answer

it may well be December is the best time to go here anyway, given the major attraction is an indoor pool and thats included

they definately appreciate it, sure leave the grouchy parent at home also

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

You're right about babies but there's often no choice in the matter.

You can't really leave a newborn with family or friends.

hopaxo wrote: »
    they definately appreciate it, sure leave the grouchy parent at home also

Sure people can do what they want, spend 2k for a week in Longford if you want. :)

You're right about babies but there's often no choice in the matter.

You can't really leave a newborn with family or friends.

sure a newborn isn't going to add much cost to the holiday other than a seat surcharge and maybe renting a car seat if you have one

they are basically free

Sure people can do what they want, spend 2k for a week in Longford if you want. :)

now that my friend, would be madness

• Registered Users Posts: 9,277 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Cyrus wrote: »
    indeed, in my defence my niece was very ill last year so we want to spend time with them now she is better, but i cant say im looking forward to the flight :rolleyes:

It's more the thought of having to be in the world's blandest country with small children rather than the prohibitive flight time, but yeah that's also a solid reason to opt for death.

cgcsb wrote: »
    It's more the thought of having to be in the world's blandest country with small children rather than the prohibitive flight time, but yeah that's also a solid reason to opt for death.

i like whistler in the summer, but im a simple man :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,232 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

cgcsb wrote: »
    will someone who's booked this relate their experience on here when they go? I'm really fascinated by it. Who chooses this over more reasonably priced trips to more exotic locations.
    I was in one in England for a weekend, personally €1700 for a week in august is too much, but €850 in September is appealing. Depends on the type of holiday you want. I'm not interested in a sun holiday in Spain.

I stayed in a treehouse as they call it, I didn't pay but imagine very expensive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwK86C1jF-w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Cyrus wrote:
    i presume the price changes accordingly ?

You presume the right but still significantly less than Longford during high season
    Cyrus wrote:
    anyway the idea of driving somewhere, to stay in reasonably comfortable accommodation, with all the stuff kids want, with loads of people in the same boat, with no luggage allowance, is relatively appealing.

Each to their own, but I prefer to experience a foreign climate and culture at a reasonable cost.

Edgware wrote:
    Maybe its expensive so as to keep the scum out. Wayne Sharon and their various children can go to Benidorm a lot cheaper

Depends on whom you are describing as scum. Several of our nomadic brethren are well heeled and will happily rock up to CP.

You presume the right but still significantly less than Longford during high season

Each to their own, but I prefer to experience a foreign climate and culture at a reasonable cost.

exactly each to their own

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Do you pay for all activities on top of the accommodation?

judeboy101 wrote:
    Do you pay for all activities on top of the accommodation?

You pay extra for everything except the use of the pool which is included in the accommodation price.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

You pay extra for everything except the use of the pool which is included in the accommodation price.

Bollix to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

You be better off going to Ballybunion for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

Um... mainly the fact that most of us like taking time out with our kids..This may come as a surprise to you but most of us love our kids and enjoy spending time with them.

My sons favorite ‘ever’ memory is of been thrown into the air and landing in the sea when on holidays.. tried it in Tramore but sure nearly killed him with frost bite. :)

We have gone to campsites across Europe, cheap enough holidays guaranteed sun.. and two blissful stress free weeks with my kids.. if they don’t remember the earlier ones.. that’s ok, I do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

So how long before its turned into a direct provision centre? Guaranteed cash all year round.......wait n see.

Advertisement