Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Last Of Us 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭Damien360

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Finished it last night and whilst I did enjoy it, I found it did drag on a bit. The whole farm bit was painful.

Yes. But take out the farm bit and it's a fantastic game. The farm was almost a movie filler and unnecessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

They could have edited out a lot of it, called it "TLOU2 : Joel and Ellie go to the dinosaur museum" and I would have been happy

• Registered Users Posts: 29,507 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The Farm was one of my favourite parts, behind museum of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The Podcast is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

No where near finished still, but I can agree with what has being said here.
    I felt it with the first game.
    A sense of fatigue does set in when playing it, however the story is always what brought me back.

Took me a while to complete the first for this reason and even to pick up, I was sorry it took me so long to pick up, but a kinda ehhhh I dunno if this is my game.

Im getting through it in small chunks when I can, but with very heavy exploring and I still look forward to playing but as with all Naughty Dogs games the levels and gameplay are a little weak and repetitive. Oh look at these well placed boxes and cover and stuff to hide behind.
    But once again a attention to detail is great.
    I do like the difference between how Elly and Abby handle, the melee from Abby can be brutal, she is slightly slower to move, also does Abby and her fear of heights does it do a camera "stretch" when she looks down a drop or is that me imagining it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,280 ✭✭✭✭Penn

coolisin wrote: »
    No where near finished still, but I can agree with what has being said here.
    I felt it with the first game.
    A sense of fatigue does set in when playing it, however the story is always what brought me back.

Took me a while to complete the first for this reason and even to pick up, I was sorry it took me so long to pick up, but a kinda ehhhh I dunno if this is my game.

Im getting through it in small chunks when I can, but with very heavy exploring and I still look forward to playing but as with all Naughty Dogs games the levels and gameplay are a little weak and repetitive. Oh look at these well placed boxes and cover and stuff to hide behind.
    But once again a attention to detail is great.
    I do like the difference between how Elly and Abby handle, the melee from Abby can be brutal, she is slightly slower to move, also does Abby and her fear of heights does it do a camera "stretch" when she looks down a drop or is that me imagining it?
    You're not imagining. Its due to her fear of heights like you say.

Yeah, I liked it. It was the bit that came after that had me yelling, "what the hell are you doing?" at both the game and the character. Also, it's funny how NG completely abandoned the "hero and villains are a matter of perspective" theme to just
    "these are evil redneck slave traders who definitely do not deserve our sympathy!"
    for the sake of giving us something to fight against for the next 2 hours. Lazy.

End game
    Santa Barbara
    was originally 3 times it's size with a fully fleshed out story about the bad guys but they felt it bloated the game. I felt the pace of that whole section was great so if they did go the path of building up a new enemy faction to deal with, the game would have felt longer than it already did.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    End game
    Santa Barbara
    was originally 3 times it's size with a fully fleshed out story about the bad guys but they felt it bloated the game. I felt the pace of that whole section was great so if they did go the path of building up a new enemy faction to deal with, the game would have felt longer than it already did.

I think it would of been better with it bigger and fleshed out, as it is now it felt like tacked on DLC after the farm.

Grounded and Permadeath incoming. Jaysus.

https://twitter.com/PowerPyx/status/1292880223919382529?s=19

Eurogamer doing a stream now

Goes live later in the week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,902 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,858 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't wait to see the inevitable 2 hour permadeath playthrough by some nutjob at games done quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

For anyone who has not started or has yet to finish the game the video does have some big spoilers in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,115 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah yeah, multiplayer when?

Best bit is the film grain option being added. That wrecked my head in some parts. Imagine your artists creating one of the most graphically beautiful and detailed gameworlds and then slapping a grain filter on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seeing some of those graphics options, you have to wonder how anyone could play like that.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Yeah yeah, multiplayer when?

Ps5 launch

F2p

They will drop it like a bomb ala Apex

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Seeing some of those graphics options, you have to wonder how anyone could play like that.

I will replay on Grounded. With film grain off. Mirror world :P

CastorTroy wrote: »

Uncharted has them too and I always think "Absolutely nobody uses these."

Why even bother? If you wanna change things up, add a few skins or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I will replay on Grounded. With film grain off. Mirror world :P

Ah but to really challenge yourself, play in that heavily pixelated mode, whatever it's called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Like the slow mo mode in Uncharted 4, who the **** is using that or the disco mode. Waste of time, ad skins and cheats for fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,373 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Free new dynamic theme to celebrate Last of Us Day (formerly Outbreak Day)

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA10249_00-TLOUIIBEACHTHEME

Free new dynamic theme to celebrate Last of Us Day (formerly Outbreak Day)

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP9000-CUSA10249_00-TLOUIIBEACHTHEME

I love the picture and the sounds of the ocean but hate the click sounds from navigating the menu. I wonder if that can be turned off?

Anyway, great reminder of
    Abby & Lev making it to the Fireflies.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I love the picture and the sounds of the ocean but hate the click sounds from navigating the menu. I wonder if that can be turned off?

Anyway, great reminder of
    Abby & Lev making it to the Fireflies.

You can split the visual and apply regular sounds or turn them off entirely but don't think you can cancel one sound :(

New gifs available as part of Last of Us Day
    giphy.gif

New gifs available as part of Last of Us Day
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yoji Shinkawa TLOU2 art...

8molx5p5oip51.jpg