Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My autonomous lawn mower thread/blog

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,669 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No.

The majority of mowers charge 40 mins cut 40 mins. They need to charge very regularly over the day and cut during the day. The entire premise is mulching the lawn that is regular cutting always. As opposed to big splash cutting like you would do with a manual mower cutting 40mm off in one go.

They're simply not suitable to what you're seeking.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭bamayang

is it possible to have two base stations with one Husq robot. Have 2 zones, need to carry the robot between the two and back to charge. Would be ideal if I could swap it over and back every few days.

I believe you'd have to reset the receiver each time you move it. Not a huge deal but pain in the arse. Genuinely just buy something like one of the lidl ones for the other area or two lidl ones.

I can't stress how dumb mowers are better than the incredibly expensive ones enough. Less to go wrong. All they are Meant to do is travel across all of your grass and nip the top of it regularly. You want the dumbest machine with the longest battery . And preferably parts are available for it. Bells and whistles add complexity , servicing and software upgrades. But they don't nip the top off the grass any better. The real only benefit can be programming more complex areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Sorry if this is asked previously in the thread.. but I can't figure out how to search a particular thread any more.

Anyone tried third-party blades for their husqvarna automower?

I see em pretty cheap on aliexpress and the like... amazon have em as well..

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Mr Q

I bought my last ones on Amazon. About 12 Euro for 30 blades and screws.

I wouldn't bother with the genuine ones, you won't notice the difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭denismc

I get my blades on Amazon, you are going to be changing them every few months anyway, Just make sure they come with replacement screws.

I can't see how this would cause a problem, there are plenty of people with cables running through the garden for garden lights, electric gates etc.

I think the automower loop has its own frequency that the mower will look for.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

So lidl have an updated version of last months robot mower, rated for 1000 sq metres as 4ah battery this time and has Bluetooth app.

Actually see already posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭vidapura

Has anyone actually got the lidl mower?

Would be interesting in hearing feedback as older neighbour with smaller garden is very taken with my husqvarna but doesn't need to spend that kind of money.

So if the lidl one is any good it could be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

It is probably just a bigger battery?

I bought the previous one. No complaints really. Getting stuck a bit due to my crappy uneven lawn, but so far I can't fault the mower.

As the other poster said, you just want it to be as stupid as possible really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Presumably it's a wire boundary one? Doesn't mention how much wire comes with it?family member might use this, but they have a fence between two parts - can you lift it up to move between two lawns, and will it perform effectively if this done?

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭limktime

I got one and it's been doing a great job so far. First robot mower though so I haven't anything to compare it with.

No you can't, it needs access to its charger station. No one in their right mind should ever consider lifting and swapping a robot mower between areas. You'd be out there lifting it every hour. Completely defeats the purpose of owning one :) . It should be fire an forget save for cleaning it down every so often and changing blades the odd time.

At their price one could be forgiven for buying 2 so!

😎

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

Alas, no crossover. I tried with a shorter length of cable too, no change, mower outside again. Never got a callback from Novo, returned the unit this AM and got the refund :( Was really hopping it would work . I guess I'll get that call back later today! And no, I didnt buy the robot mower that was out this AM - and unlike last time, no-one bought one in the 15 minutes I was in the store this AM!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FrancisSobotka

Got the one on sale last week - installed & worked straight away (after I skinned the lawn) - rain sensor permitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think the battery on my Husqvarna 315 is toast. It gets to 100% charge, then waits another hour before heading out to cut. Then returns to the charging station when down to about 80%. Assuming it is the battery, where would be the best place to look for a replacement?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭blackbox

That doesn't sound like a degraded battery to me - more like a software glitch.

My battery is 3 years old and as soon as it leaves the station it drops to around 80% but keeps going.

Yeah, think you might be right. After further observation it seems it's cutting and charging for the normal amount of time, it just seems that the displayed battery percentage figure is constantly 40-50% above what it actually is.

• Advertisement

How old is your battery? I replaced mine after about 4 seasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Signac

I purchased the lidl robot lawnmower and I can't get it to work, it has worked for about 60 seconds and then stops with a message "mower outside" but it's inside the boundary wire. Any suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 7,693 ✭✭✭Raoul

Switch the positive/negative wires at the back. I think you have it round the wrong way.

Wire position, connection termination and no cross over are vitally important to install and detection of the mower to be insides it's loop. Any one of the three can cause fault. And try to keep excess water from getting to any termination points.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭antomack

I had the same issue when I installed my sisters for her, the issue there was I had the docking station turned the wrong direction, the return direction needs to be clockwise in that when mower is following the cable back to the entrance to the docking station it needs to be going clockwise. So as in below image the mower needs to be returning in the direction shown regardless of where you place the docking station. Our issue is we were trying to place the dock close to a corner and expected the mower to return from the right (if you're in the lawn facing the station) but it must return from the left. Swapping the positive and negative just meant the mower tried turning and going outside the lawn or in our case bumping into the wall it was beside.

If I'd looked at the diagram on the docking station I'd have noticed it detailed there but who needs instructions.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Signac

Thanks for that, I'll give it a try, I think I have the mower at right angles to the locations above, I was following the picture in the catalogue not the manual

• Registered Users Posts: 8 FrancisSobotka

Update on this for anyone interested -Lidl Model Parkside PRMA 20-Li 1000m2 - installed for approx 2 weeks - my Lawn area is 450m2 -

Issues so far I had were all small

I had to re-position the boundary wire a few times - tighten up around the trees as I had left too much of a gap around them

fill in some track marks around the perimeter (with top soil) where the petrol mower had been over the past 10 years - the robot was catching while turning & would come across to the "wrong" side of the boundary wire

had to bare the lawn to allow the robot cross from one boundary wire to the other without catching on the longer scutch grass

my neighbor has the Gardena SILENO Life Robotic Lawnmower - 1000 M2 & my Lidl one is more or less identical in size & design.

It's early days but everything is working as it should at this point

Thanks a lot to this thread

Just an update on this... seems to have corrected itself without any intervention on my part.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Got an ambrogio 29D last week, installed ourselves and feel like packaging it up and returning. The programs are set up we followed the manual but it seems like if the Border cut function is disabled, the mower won't follow the program and doesn't leave the station at the set time. Anyone have any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Anyone having some inconsistency from navimow Segway? It was going very well there for 2-3 months, and last few weeks it's needing its hand held again with minor small interventions too frequent

😎

Advertisement