Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Killing Eve - BBC America (**Spoilers**)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    i haven't watch it yet.....can someone please put it in a nutshell, thx

anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

The scene in Kruger's garden is brilliant. Even if you know what's likely to happen at the end...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Episode 5 was a bit of a cracker!
    Definitely best this series.
    Cool to have a total change of pace and scenery.
    Jodie Comer outstanding I thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

gmisk wrote: »
    Episode 5 was a bit of a cracker!
    Definitely best this series.
    Cool to have a total change of pace and scenery.
    Jodie Comer outstanding I thought.
    Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,727 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

The Russian episode was really good, I love the humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

When it showed the one with the gun I was wondering would Oksana have a go.
    Did laugh at the pile of prizes she had. Just a wee bit competitive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I too very much enjoyed 3.05. The Russian countryside, sofa beating (great shed/setting), carnival with the dung flinging and so on.

The 'who are you?' at the start raised a few laughs. Later on Oksana had that confrontation scene with 'what sort of mother were you?' or whatever it was, ouch. :o At least the young lad will get to follow his dream. Plus Oksana's laugh...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm gradually going off this, and all the Russians conveniently speaking English annoyed me more than it should. Easier to do that than teach Jodie enough Russian, but it just seemed lazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree. Season 1 was fantastic but it’s really gone off the rails. If there’s another season I’ll be giving it a miss. It’s lost it punch at this stage and has become very rambling.
    I'm gradually going off this, and all the Russians conveniently speaking English annoyed me more than it should. Easier to do that than teach Jodie enough Russian, but it just seemed lazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

It makes no sense that all of Oksana's family would be able to speak to her in perfect English, and that she doesn't speak a word of Russian back just because she's trying to "distance from her past", or whatever. If that was true, she wouldn't have gone there at all.

I was already getting tired of it towards the end of S1, tbh! It's still entertaining but starting to feel quite formulaic most of the time. They tried something different with this episode and it worked in parts, but I think this should have stayed as a 1 or 2 season show.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can't speak to the novels this is based on, but I think the key problem is that of all "cat and mouse" stories. The drama is kind of in the chase, the tension of when the cat and mouse might meet - and the explosives that'll go off. The adage of the journey being more interesting than the destination. We've already hit that point with Eve & Villanelle so everything after has felt like a needlessly elongated coda.

It's arguable this show should have been a limited, once off series but BBC America smelt a hit and demanded more episodes. There's not enough good story to sustain the show, The Twelve are uninteresting and as I said, the main thrust of the whole story is already done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The scenes in Poland kind of reminded me of when Eastenders came to Ireland back in the 90's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

The scenes in Poland kind of reminded me of when Eastenders came to Ireland back in the 90's.

Mother Russia !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Mother Russia !!

Wasn't Niko in Poland?

EDIT - I'm only on that episode. That's the one I am on about. Are you saying the Russia one is equally as cliched?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Wasn't Niko in Poland?

EDIT - I'm only on that episode. That's the one I am on about. Are you saying the Russia one is equally as cliched?

Sorry you are right , oh Mother Russia is all about cow pad flinging competition etc !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Wasn't Niko in Poland?

Looks like it was filmed in the same village alright

• Registered Users Posts: 22,438 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

He's still alive ffs :rolleyes:

Another poor episode this week. I've gone from looking forward to new episodes to just finding them a chore. Such a waste of a talented cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I’m not enjoying this season at all, that was a completely pointless episode. The fact that there’s no actual plot doesn’t help.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I enjoyed the latest episode, much meatier in terms of plot and storyline. It felt more like a season opener than coming to towards the end of season three. Again, the stunning location shoots. The "agent of chaos" is living up to her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Tabnabs wrote: »
    I enjoyed the latest episode, much meatier in terms of plot and storyline. It felt more like a season opener than coming to towards the end of season three. Again, the stunning location shoots. The "agent of chaos" is living up to her name.

Definitely much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Just finished Series 1. I'm blown away by it. For me to say that is something, I'm not given such commentary.

I find it hard to find a fault with it, It's highly engaging, the acting is utterly superb, it moves fast, never a dull moment. It's unique (to me anyway, i'm not much of an series watcher, get bored easily ). I love the comedic element to it, the locations, the daftness - it just all works.

I can't understand how I never heard of this series, when you have such rubbish as Game of Thrones being such a hit. Maybe the series is just 'my thing'. Just love it. Would put on my top 5 all time best list already.

I haven't got around to looking into the cast (don't know any of them) but Jodie Comer is an utterly superb actor imo. Hope she goes on to greater things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Just finished Season 3. Oh my days, it just gets better and better. I'll say nothing because I know I'm a bit ahead. But Villanelle is very much top of my list of favourite TV characters. She makes me laugh so much, every episode.

I just love this show so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Just finished Season 3. Oh my days, it just gets better and better. I'll say nothing because I know I'm a bit ahead. But Villanelle is very much top of my list of favourite TV characters. She makes me laugh so much, every episode.

I just love this show so much.
    I have to disagree!
    I loved series 1, meh to series 2 with only some outstanding episodes, same with series 3 (Episode 5 was outstanding)
    The problem is the plot in series 2 and 3.
    There just isn't one or much of one.
    Which hurts me as Jodie Comer is absolutely brilliant.

Back to Series 1 for me!

I wasn't too impressed with season 3 but I did like the finale. The chemistry between them saved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Likewise. Season 3 wasn't great but enjoyed the finale.

Meant to say last week, how did they think Konstantin's daughter would be let go after killing someone?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I loved the focus on Villanelle and watching her character develop. I found her absolutely hilarious. There were so many laugh out loud moments with her. Her face in the finale with Constantine and Carolyn :pac:

And Carolyn too. Fiona Shaw was flawless playing her.

The episodes had a kind of James Bond feel about them. I loved the scenery, the costumes, the settings. Spain where she started out was beautiful. In the finale, the part at the Royal Albert Hall was really impressive.

I thought the ending was lovely. Villanelle takes what she wants regardless of any consequences, it was interesting to watch how the end played out.

I enjoyed it anyhow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The missus tee shirt I ordered arrived this morning vanelle in her pj’s :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

There are so many things I love about this show - not taking itself seriously, the locations, the humour, Carolyn, Eve, Konstantin - but Jodie Comer as Villanelle...wow. The facial expressions, the accents, the delivery - brilliant. Oh and I suppose she's kind of easy on the eye too. I enjoyed this series more than series 2. I don't think they'll ever top series 1 and it's going round in circles but the chemistry of the cast and characters means I'm far from bored just yet. The next series is already commissioned by the way.

Advertisement