Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Home FAQ

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Anyone else having problems getting theirs to turn off at a set time?

I.like to fall asleep to music so usually have Spotify or the radio playing and give a command "hey Google turn off in one hour" and it has worked fine up until the last few days.
    Now it says "sorry I don't know how to help with that. Here are other things to try".

Of course I try the different phrasings of it that are suggested but get the same result.

I tried unplugging and rebooting but still the same.
    Wondering if it's a Google issue hence asking if others are encountering the same.

Pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭THE ALM

adox wrote: »

I.like to fall asleep to music so usually have Spotify or the radio playing and give a command "hey Google turn off in one hour" and it has worked fine up until the last few days.
    Now it says "sorry I don't know how to help with that. Here are other things to try".

Of course I try the different phrasings of it that are suggested but get the same result.

Wondering if it's a Google issue hence asking if others are encountering the same.

Pretty annoying.

Have you tried 'hey google set sleep timer for 60mins'

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Pretty annoying.

"hey Google Stop Music in one hour" works for me

How do you unlink and then re-link Sonoff’s (eWeLink app) from google home on a iPhone? Can’t find the setting but they have’t been working for a couple of days now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

How do you unlink and then re-link Sonoff’s (eWeLink app) from google home on a iPhone? Can’t find the setting but they have’t been working for a couple of days now.

Urgh, I hate setting up those blasted plugs. That eWeLink app is a dose.

On the top right of the google home app there's a "+" sign. From there select "set up new device", and under "Works with Google" select "Have something already set up". You should find eWeLink Smart Home in the list.

• Advertisement

Cheers, found it there. Didn’t realise the removing and adding were on the same settings page.

Mine were still working fine with their own app, it was just the Google Home link that was messed up. Probably worth it though as when I was adding them back I see they’ve finally added Yi Home camera support too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

For some strange reason none of my Google Homes (I have 6) will play Newstalk radio anymore. This problem started this morning. I have rephrased my request but so far no joy :(

Has anyone else this issue?
    Any thoughts / comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

You need to say Newstalk fm?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

2011 wrote: »
    For some strange reason none of my Google Homes (I have 6) will play Newstalk radio anymore. This problem started this morning. I have rephrased my request but so far no joy :(

Any thoughts / comments?

'hey google play newstalk FM radio' always works.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

You need to say Newstalk fm?

You are correct! Thanks.

This is a new requirement for me. I normally say "Hey Google, play Newstalk radio" and have no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Any thoughts / comments?
    Yip exact same for me. None of them will play Newstalk, but fine for others.

Edit, just seen the replies:
    You are correct! Thanks.

This is a new requirement for me. I normally say "Hey Google, play Newstalk radio" and have no issues.

Newstalk FM works for me too. Cheers

Having the same issue with Newstalk. None of the solutions above worked, but If I use "Play Newstalk radio on Tunein" it works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭davegilly

Mine started the same craic with Newstalk today as well. Been working fine for 12 months and now never heard of the station!!

Having the same issue with Newstalk. None of the solutions above worked, but If I use "Play Newstalk radio on Tunein" it works fine

That is strange because the same phrase will not work for me. The only one that works is "play Newstalk FM".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,653 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Play Newstalk fm still working for me.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Pretty annoying.

This is back working for me now. No idea what caused it.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

RTÉ Radio 1 - is it just me or is it gone again? I can’t get it to play on my Google Home or Google Mini. This used to happen regularly a year or 2 ago but then resolved itself & had been working fine ever since.

Fishy1 wrote: »
    RTÉ Radio 1 - is it just me or is it gone again? I can’t get it to play on my Google Home or Google Mini. This used to happen regularly a year or 2 ago but then resolved itself & had been working fine ever since.

Just tried a few different commands and I'm just getting "something went wrong"

On a related note, I kind of miss the time when it couldn't say "RTE" and used to say "Tay radio"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

RTE gone for me too. Tried a reboot. Works ok on tunein app on my phone. BBC radio 4 works fine but it streams direct from the BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Fishy1 wrote: »

Was perfect for me up until yesterday. Now it says that it's going to play RTE Radio 1 on TuneIn and then an error asking me to try again or nothing at all. All the other RTE channels play just fine. Just tried asking Google to play Radio 1 on my phone and it works correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I was going to ask google to do something so I started by saying "Hey google" but I stubbed my toe and ended up saying "ahh bollix", all of a sudden RTE started playing :D:D:D

(feel free to change RTE to any radio presenter or station ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Play Newstalk fm still working for me.

Cheers, that's indeed the fix. My old request was play "Newstalk Radio" which stopped working sometime in the last two weeks. Wonder what changed & where :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,641 ✭✭✭54and56

I renewed a Nest Aware annual cloud hosting subscription for my Nest Video Doorbell Camera (super device) last week. It cost €50 for the year and out of the blue a couple of days ago Google sent me a voucher for a free Google Mini with an RRP of €59 :confused: I already have a Google Home + 2 x Google Mini's so was thinking of using this one in a room where there's an old Hi Fi which has great speakers I repurposed to stream Spotify to via a Chromecast Audio device on the input source.

My question therefore is can I somehow pair this new Mini to the Chromecast Audio so that when I say "OK Google, play my Saturday morning playlist on Spotify" it automatically plays it on both the mini and on the Chromecast Audio Hi Fi (assuming the Hi Fi is powered on) without having to tell it to play it on the Hi Fi?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

54and56 wrote: »
    I renewed a Nest Aware annual cloud hosting subscription for my Nest Video Doorbell Camera (super device) last week. It cost €50 for the year and out of the blue a couple of days ago Google sent me a voucher for a free Google Mini with an RRP of €59 :confused: I already have a Google Home + 2 x Google Mini's so was thinking of using this one in a room where there's an old Hi Fi which has great speakers I repurposed to stream Spotify to via a Chromecast Audio device on the input source.

My question therefore is can I somehow pair this new Mini to the Chromecast Audio so that when I say "OK Google, play my Saturday morning playlist on Spotify" it automatically plays it on both the mini and on the Chromecast Audio Hi Fi (assuming the Hi Fi is powered on) without having to tell it to play it on the Hi Fi?

I think Speaker Groups is what you are looking for here

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7174267?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

RTE 1 gone for me too, worked on TuneIN app and RTE stream.

Sorry I will just go on a rant here, RTE1 has been a persistent issue with G home, better in the last while but always issues. Why Why Why on earth can I not just ask it to play the actual RTE url Stream it's is F**king mad.
    RTE have some exclusive deal with Amazon echo, so the echo takes the stream direct ala the BBC. I initially went G over amazon since I figured the hardware can't change that much but Google can do better software and also they try to parse the language more than amazon. Should have known better like most google projects they get it to a certain point and just move on. Also maybe it's my mind but the mic pick up seems to better worse as the months go on.

Rant over :(

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

54and56 wrote: »

Yes, you can set a default audio device for each Home device, either itself, a Chromecast device, even another Home device. It's in the device settings in the Home app.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

jogdish wrote: »
    RTE 1 gone for me too, worked on TuneIN app and RTE stream.

(

Same for me, RTE Pulse and Junior work fine, Radio 1 loads Tunein but then fails. It won't even recognise 2fm as a radio station.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

RunDMC wrote: »
    Same for me, RTE Pulse and Junior work fine, Radio 1 loads Tunein but then fails. It won't even recognise 2fm as a radio station.

R

Yeah, have to say rte 2fm now for it to work for that. Noticed that in the last few days. Radio 1 not working here either.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

First it was the 'FM' thing with Newstalk, now RTÉ radio has stopped. Is this a TuneIn, Google Assistant or an issue with the radio station itself here. For a company that employs so many people in Ireland service by Google to Irish consumers is deplorable. I have an LG TV which h

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭jogdish

First it was the 'FM' thing with Newstalk, now RTÉ radio has stopped. Is this a TuneIn, Google Assistant or an issue with the radio station itself here. For a company that employs so many people in Ireland service by Google to Irish consumers is deplorable. I have an LG TV which h
    If it's the same as the other times its something to do with RTE and TuneIn - I complained to RTE and they seemed to be aware of the issue last time.

I just tried RTE 1 on tuneIn perfect, tried it while casting to my home from Tunein - wouldn't work.

Im currently looking at an Echo!

Advertisement