Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson Airwrap

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aoibh874

I can’t find the airwrap in stock anywhere.. seems as if it’s like this a while? Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat/found a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Aoibh874

I can’t find the airwrap in stock anywhere.. seems as if it’s like this a while? Just wondering is anyone else in the same boat/found a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Ms. Newbie18

Has anyone tried any of dupes for the Dyson airwrap?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

I have the Airwrap two months now and I can’t get over how poor of a product it is. I gave up blow drying my hair three years ago, I have thick coarse shoulder length hair and it took way too much time to do it properly. However the thought of going back into the office with a wild mop of frizzy hair made me think twice and with that in mind I decided to buy the air wrap, thinking it was an investment that would save me time and money in the long run. The first time I tried one of the straightening brushes and it left me with lots of flyaway hairs and frizzy ends. This was using heat protector beforehand. It was nowhere near salon quality, just a frizzy clumpy mess. I tried the curling wands later that week, nice bouncy curls initially but an hour later they had dropped out, by the next day I was left with the clumpy frizzy mess. Since then I’ve tried using different products beforehand, not using them at all and still no success. I just can’t understand all the positive reviews. My ghd was almost a third of the price and gives a much better finish. The only good thing I have to say about the Airwrap is that it is very light and easy to use.

Anyway I’m stuck with it now. If anyone has any tips on how to get a better result with it I’m all ears!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I can't say I buy into the hype either, after nearly a year. I have mid-length, fine, straight hair with curtain bangs. I find the large round brush helps shape my curtain bangs and the paddle brush gets me pretty sleek, straight hair, but nothing wildly better than a normal hairdryer + brush would do. The curls take forever and fall out really quickly, especially compared to using a GHD. Maybe if I had the time and energy I could try going for loose, voluminous waves or salon-style blow drys but I just rarely care enough to spend the time on it. It has basically become a very expensive hairdryer and brush for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

I think I may invest, where is the best place to buy? Am thinking Boots ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Wondering if anyone recommends this as a birthday gift? She’s already got a GHD (original still going strong) and a trade hairdryer which is pretty fantastic.

generally likes hair gadgets for a while then forgets about them all except the two mentioned.

Is the hairdryer attachment any good compared to a traditional one?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I spent a while discussing the air wrap with my hairdresser last weekend, who recommended a technique she swore by to get a gorgeous blow dry effect. I then saw someone on Instagram doing the same thing and it turned out fab.

i spent a good hour today doing my hair that way and have ended up looking like an extra crap Pamela Anderson impersonator 🤦‍♀️ . It doesn’t look like a salon blow dry, it looks like it was tied in a bad bun and then let down.

Honestly, the only use for the air wrap for me is as an extremely expensive hair dryer. Maybe people with more skill, and definitely more patience and time, would be able to make it work but not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭alroley

I have the airwrap 4 months now and absolutely love it. I have very thick straight hair and it makes it look so smooth and bouncy. I have the long barrels and that makes a big difference for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Quick question, I ended up buying this for herself last year (she's getting the hairdryer this year). I got the complete but I believe there's a version with longer barrels.

Do these make much of a difference? Was going to pick them up as an additional.

Her hair is down to her shoulder blades and is quite fine (if that's important). She's not had much success with the curls but does like the dryer & brush attachments. I was wondering if she didn't have much success because they're the shorter barrels.

• Advertisement
Advertisement