Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Campaign

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

I have recently completed all managed stages and received all the individual emails to confirm they have been passed. Just waiting on the call. Do I get an email from the recruitment team to confirm you completed everything and advise of next part of the process or just wait for a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Unperturbed Zero

Ddedd wrote: »
    I have recently completed all managed stages and received all the individual emails to confirm they have been passed. Just waiting on the call. Do I get an email from the recruitment team to confirm you completed everything and advise of next part of the process or just wait for a call.
    If you have completed everything then yes you just wait for a call. Ring up 101 and ask for recruitment. Have your UID handy. They will categorically confirm which stages are passed/outstanding and if you are appointable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 kittty

calls expected this week? hoping they are done early in the week so I can stop stressing

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GRJ27

Got the call today finally after vetting took ages!

GRJ27 wrote: »
    Got the call today finally after vetting took ages!

congratulations! where abouts are you on the merit list?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 GRJ27

Thank you! I was around 180-200

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gm9962

Hi new to the forum, had my medical recently and just received an email to go for a review pre-placement health assessment. Just wondering if anyone could shed any light on what this might be for?

Anyone have any info on where about they are on the merit list with the calls?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gonzo94

Apologies for taking this slightly off topic.

To anyone who has already done/those waiting to do the PCA.

What did you do/are doing to try and prepare yourself? Just trying to pick up some things that I'm not currently doing already.

I'm currently doing a mixture of weights, cardio/interval training and plan on doing some circuit classes in my local gym, though this might have to be limited to one a week.

The PCA is probably the only part of this process that worries me the most (Vetting in 2nd place) haha. I've spoken to several police officers and they've all said the same thing. That its not as hard as people make it out to be. I'm not so sure of that after reading some of the posts on here lol. A work colleague told me about his friend who done it 2 years ago. He was a big guy who wasn't fit at all. He failed the first time and passed on his retry. Hearing about him makes me feel a whole lot better about it. Though the worry is real haha.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Spike1886

Gonzo94 wrote: »
    Apologies for taking this slightly off topic.

To anyone who has already done/those waiting to do the PCA.

What did you do/are doing to try and prepare yourself? Just trying to pick up some things that I'm not currently doing already.

I'm currently doing a mixture of weights, cardio/interval training and plan on doing some circuit classes in my local gym, though this might have to be limited to one a week.

The PCA is probably the only part of this process that worries me the most (Vetting in 2nd place) haha. I've spoken to several police officers and they've all said the same thing. That its not as hard as people make it out to be. I'm not so sure of that after reading some of the posts on here lol. A work colleague told me about his friend who done it 2 years ago. He was a big guy who wasn't fit at all. He failed the first time and passed on his retry. Hearing about him makes me feel a whole lot better about it. Though the worry is real haha.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

P

It's not that difficult if you have a half decent level of fitness. I would suggest doing lots of running and plenty of sit ups, press ups, lunges and burpees etc. Just short, high intensity sessions that get your heart rate going. That's what you will be mainly doing in Garnerville. After your 6 months you do it again and everyone takes a big chunk off their time so it definitely works. Unless you're very slight build I wouldn't worry too much about weights at all. The quickest people are always the young guys who weigh about 9 stone rather than the weightlifters lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Does anybody know if the salary stated on the joinpsni website is the basic salary and if there is like weekend enhancements bank holiday enhancements to go on the top of that? And when does overtime kick in like as in after how many hours?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27 BruceWayne1

penutzimes wrote: »
    Does anybody know if the salary stated on the joinpsni website is the basic salary and if there is like weekend enhancements bank holiday enhancements to go on the top of that? And when does overtime kick in like as in after how many hours?

Thanks
    As a student you get the basic salary plus the special allowance. Once you are a constable your salary increases. There is no additional payment for shift allowances. If you work on a public holiday you get double time. Overtime is paid at different rates depending how much notice you get. Maximum is double time.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 MUFC1

Anyone else get there email about PCA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

MUFC1 wrote: »
    Anyone else get there email about PCA?

Yes got mine too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Troaway

I think I have been vetted since August, should I be concerned? Just waiting on it to complete, all other stages done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Anybody know what employer is named on your pay slip as a police officer? Dont want companies that require proof of income to know I work for the police if I get that far!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Cheddar87

I submitted my vetting in September. Was hoping to hear before Christmas. I’m the same everything else is passed so only vetting left. Hope to hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 easy_p33lers

penutzimes wrote: »
    Anybody know what employer is named on your pay slip as a police officer? Dont want companies that require proof of income to know I work for the police if I get that far!

You'll get details once you start on how you can confirm your income without having to say you work for the police

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Hi there was just wondering do you receive a confirmation that the recruitment team received your online learning statement? Just worried they didn’t receive it

Also is anyone else appealing medical outcome? I’ve informed them I am appealing but haven’t heard anything since

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Gm9962

I received a response 2 days later confirming they had received my online learning.

For any of my medical stuff it was exactly a week later but could be delayed due to the holidays

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 acnipsni123

Thanks, yeah hopefully just the holidays delaying things

hey guys in regards to the vetting do they actually contact your supervisor? Dont want my employers knowing that im looking for a new job

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Specysteve

Anyone any idea when the next set of calls will be? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Ddedd

Anyone here of any calls taking place?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 M_M1234

Ddedd wrote: »
    Anyone here of any calls taking place?

I’d expect a call tomorrow... Next batch to start early March.
    Last intake calls were made on a Tuesday.
    What ML range are you?

Got the call today

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IM2018

Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum, and especially this thread, has been really good for information throughout this process, so thanks everyone for your updates. I'm ML 550-600, vetting passed roughly a fortnight ago after approximately 3 1/2 months. I see the calls have been made this week. Because of my ML ranking, I don't expect to hear anything until the next set of calls(roughly every 5 weeks). If you have got the call this week, it would be great to know roughly whereabouts your are on the ML list just for my own knowledge (and sanity).
    Thanks in advance.

IM2018 wrote: »
    Hello. Long time lurker, first time poster. This forum, and especially this thread, has been really good for information throughout this process, so thanks everyone for your updates. I'm ML 550-600, vetting passed roughly a fortnight ago after approximately 3 1/2 months. I see the calls have been made this week. Because of my ML ranking, I don't expect to hear anything until the next set of calls(roughly every 5 weeks). If you have got the call this week, it would be great to know roughly whereabouts your are on the ML list just for my own knowledge (and sanity).
    Thanks in advance.

My ML is between 405-415.
    The wait is a killer!
    My vetting took 20 weeks to clear so they may be further down the merit list than my score....

• Registered Users Posts: 5 IM2018

M_M1234 wrote: »
    My ML is between 405-415.
    The wait is a killer!
    My vetting took 20 weeks to clear so they may be further down the merit list than my score....

Thank you. This gives me a picture of where they're at and where I stand. Congratulations on your appointment and your new career.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭MD4PSNI

Havnt posted in a while..

Any long time lurkers got the call? Im sitting on 460-480 and appointable... no word yet.

I know of someone with 440-460 who got the call on tuesday... just trying to guage where they are with calls.

Advertisement