Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Father Ted

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Nope.
    Reading this thread has made me remember all those classic one-liners. Father Ted was a great show. Tis a pity my granny refuses to watch it, tis anti-christian says she :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Nope.
    Show her the Eoin mcLove episode! Eoin mcLove has a lovely face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭cmcquaid

Nope.
    or when mrs doyle tries to guess fr ted umsious (i think thats how u spell it) name for about 10 hours and she finally gets it she has a big proud head on her. shes delighted with herself.

or when jack finally sobers up he goes curtains, floor *points at ted* gobs**te

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

Nope.
    Ted: Hello, is that the Yin dynasty? Family! sorry, the Yin family.

Eoin McLove: You leave me alone. I could have you killed

Jack: THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!

Dougal: I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there

Dougal: It's like a great big tide of jam. But jam made out of... old women.

Eoin McLove: Go away! I don't want to catch menopause!

Ted: Once again Dougal, you've made me look like a complete fool in front of real people. Thanks very much.
    Dougal: To be honest Ted, I forgot you had the money. I was just going to tell you... your fly's open.

Dougal: Hello there Len.
    Bishop Brennan: Don't call me Len, you prick. Refer to me as 'Bishop Brennan'!
    Dougal: Ah right you are there Len.

Some of the best quotes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Dougal: I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there

Rofl!

Remember this one -

Dougal - How's the son?
    Bishop Brennan - What??
    Ted - The son of god! How's the son of GOD?

• Advertisement

Nope.
    Ted: What was it Jack used to say about the needy? He had a term for them.
    Dougal: A shower of ba$tards.

your ones class i must say "I love my brick!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Nope.
    cmcquaid wrote:
    or when mrs doyle tries to guess fr ted umsious (i think thats how u spell it) name for about 10 hours and she finally gets it she has a big proud head on her. shes delighted with herself.

Fr. Tod Unctious

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Nope.
    Dougal: You wouldn't think Jack would be good at football would you Ted?

Ted: No. But then you see him out there. Beautiful player. Poetry in motion.

Dougal: Did you tell me once that Jack had a trial with Liverpool?

Ted: Eh, no. He was on trial in Liverpool.

Shame on those three people for voting against this great show!

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Nope.
    the best was already mentioned, but deserves to be mentioned again: *murmuring* "Fcukin' Hell" classic!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Nope.
    One of the best moments has to be when Jack "dies" from drinking floor pollish and Dougal has to say the latin prayers.. Custos, Cannos, Roberto, Bajio.. or something to that effect :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

i believe Dougal says "..Roberto Bagio.." (he played for Italy in the '94 world cup)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Nope.
    toiletduck wrote:
    i believe Dougal says "..Roberto Bagio.." (he played for Italy in the '94 world cup)
    pfft, semantics :rolleyes:

Nope.
    toiletduck wrote:

He mentions several Italian football players. Benarrivo and Costacurta get a mention. :D

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Nope.
    This is the greatest thread! There are so many moments to this show that i dare someone not to have it in the DVD collection. Mine are played all the time, i do not think that they actually leavce the DVD player to be honest!

But some classic lines from an incredible show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Banterville

Nope.
    Thanks to all of you for voting!

It's now up to the moderators to MAKE TED A LEGEND OF THE BOARDS

Nope.
    Love'd the one where the dj priest had only one record and played the same song all night...some sort of egyptian music and then as the national anthem..class

• Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Get your bollocks out of my face!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

"she uses the bad f word, not feck, you know the one im talking bout father"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Love'd the one where the dj priest had only one record and played the same song all night...some sort of egyptian music and then as the national anthem..class

Lol, that was class...

"Now, please stand for our national anthem"

Big pause.

<Crazy foreign dance music comes on>

Nope.
    I loved the episode where Mrs Doyle is telling Ted and Dougal all about Pat Mustard:

Mrs Doyle: Pat's great though Father. He was in Vietnam, he used to date Marilyn Monroe and he taught Elvis how to play Karate!

Ted(laughing): Well I think he's been telling you a few tall tales. What do you think Dougal?

Dougal: Well Ted, I'm very cynical as you know.

The way Dougal says it is priceless. :D

• Advertisement

Nope.
    Mrs. Doyle "Father, Pat wants to know if he can put his big tool in my box"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

Nope.
    That is the best season 3 episode IMO.
    "If we take that baby's hair and that baby's moustache..."

Classic!

Nope.
    <Crazy foreign dance music comes on>

It was by The Specials, a song called "Ghost Town".

Nope.
    why do you know this

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

LEGEND! hands down father ted is the best! kicking bishop brennan up the arse- ah good times..

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Mrs. Doyle "Father, Pat wants to know if he can put his big tool in my box"

i lmao watching that episode :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nope.
    Ted: ''How did you become a priest, Dougal? Was it 'collect 10 Tayto packets and become a priest' or something?''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Deevious

When they roll the credits and they are showing the sports day video. 2 priests are brawling on the ground and then Dougal goes over and laces them a kick and then walks off. Priceless!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Nope.
    aye that "national anthem" song from Fr.Ted was also in Snatch..back to some more Ted, did anyone mention the champion of the sheep one? :)

TED(being bursting in on the ceremony):"THIS IS A FRAUD AND A SHAM AND A.....FRAUD!" or something similar, have to get those dvds out later.

And the sound effects album, haha :) u can actually play some of them on the dvd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Oh oh oh!
    And him with the 'I shot J.R.' t-shirt, you know , one of da unbelieveables.

*Showing his arse to the visiting television crew*
    "Me own dog done that to me. Doesn't it look like a face?"

and-
    *Leaving Ted in the van while he robs the bank (post office?), then running out and driving off at speed*
    "Its me own money Father, I just didn't feel like doing all the paperwork."

Its been mentioned before, but my number one favourite moment is the 'relative cow size' "small, far away" bit :D

Advertisement