Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    I’m here before line of beauty post his weekly AEW review.

I’ll post it for him,

:pac:

I will say something, even when the show is less than steller (last nights show was enjoyable, good not great or amazing), I never find myself fast forwarding like I do Raw. Everything seems to have a purposes and it certainly rewards the viewer.

Nothing bores me much, the commentary seems natural, all promos from the awful Chucky T / Miro (both need work) to the masterful MJF, all their promos are interesting at the least. Nothing seems overly scripted or over produced.

The lack of restrictions on talent and more importantly the trust in talent, makes a huge positive difference.

Take Jade Cargill.....sees green, very green.... but shes got skills and they allow her some freedom to be what she wants to be. They focus on her strengths and hide her weaknesses. And as such shes very well presented.

Take Rhea Riply, a very talented star IMO. Shes hamstrung by cutting a promo she doesnt feel comfortable with. I dont believe her character because hey way shes presented isnt natural to a degree. If they had her come out, say nothing and blast Asuka..... it be more affective. Promos, esp scripted babyface promos arent her bag.....they dont hide her weaknesses.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Best part of a Thursday, awaiting Beaker's review.

God help you. You must have an awful thursday. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,327 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Also glad to see Tay wasn't forgotten about after Anna Jay's injury and she is getting a really good push now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the fact that WWE let Tay Conti go. If anything she's a diamond in the rough, albeit more polished now, and will only get better too.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    God help you. You must have an awful thursday. :pac:

I'll take whatever joy I can find these days to be honest, nothing else really to do :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm struggling to wrap my head around the fact that WWE let Tay Conti go. If anything she's a diamond in the rough, albeit more polished now, and will only get better too.

Ah they have so much talent. WWE is full of talent men and women. Their Womens division has so much talent, esp in NXT and a huge bottle neck of talent on the main roster. They cant push everyone, if its not Tay its someone else.

Tay is promising, like so many, shes not there yet but like many in AEW, there is no rush yet. Plenty of time for her and others to develop.

Also glad to see Tay wasn't forgotten about after Anna Jay's injury and she is getting a really good push now.

I also liked how she got a shout out when Silver locked in the submission on Allin.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

She wanted out and 95% of the roster was better than her. She was crap in NXT. Her vs Santana Garrett was a low light, like two women moving at 0.25 speed.

I don't get the hype, to be honest. She just moves so slow. Like her finisher last night, you could almost see the gears turning in her head.

J. Marston wrote: »
    She wanted out and 95% of the roster was better than her. She was crap in NXT. Her vs Santana Garrett was a low light, like two women moving at 0.25 speed.

I don't get the hype, to be honest. She just moves so slow. Like her finisher last night, you could almost see the gears turning in her head.

I had the same criticism of Britt Baker 2 years ago. AEW will at least give her time to grow.

Shes not there yet, I agree.... like Pillman Jnr and Garrison, has the foundations of a great wrestler, but right now shes still developing and is way off..... but I think with the right attitude and time she could easily be a big star. Shes only 25..... long way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Omega's post match segment with the Bucks was the best part of Dynamite for me, I loved him ripping into that schmuck Cutler. The champ is by far and away the highlight of the show at the minute, he feels must watch every time he's on the screen and Callis is excellent in the supporting role.

Thought Omega/Sydal was excellent and the main event was very good. Great promo from Baker too.

• Advertisement

Dave reporting that Thea Trinadad has signed a contract to work somewhere else that will stop her from signing with AEW right now.

He doesn't say if it's for another wrestling company or with something else.

Dave reporting that Thea Trinadad has signed a contract to work somewhere else that will stop her from signing with AEW right now.

I'd lean towards it being something else, been pointed out here before that she's got her Twitch & Onlyfans side gigs. Not like she's strapped for cash.

Im still wondering about her and Andrades releases. Like, its obvious AEW would consider them so why let them leave at all. I imagine neither are on crazy money?

Andrade in particular appears to have no standard release clause. I imagine he might have come to an arrangement allowing him to work anywhere but AEW until his WWE contract was due to lapse.

Pure speculation on my behalf, I know her father died on 9/11 and the 20th anniversary of that is later this year she could be involved in some sort of documentary for it I know she has been involved in a few of them.

If they do want to sign her and Andrade I'd be ok giving them six months and then hopefully fans will be fully back before debuting them.

Edit; Andrade is already in talks somewhere.

https://twitter.com/AndradeElIdolo/status/1375468399518695434?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would love to see him in AEW but I reckon it's ROH

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Officer999

I see him showing up in Japan actually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭NITRO95

New Japan could absolutely use him right now. They have a baseball stadium and Tokyo Dome show coming up in the next couple of weeks

NITRO95 wrote: »
    New Japan could absolutely use him right now. They have a baseball stadium and Tokyo Dome show coming up in the next couple of weeks

Plus one.... NJPW could really use him, its the logical choice considering his he got let go so easily and the no compete clause being absent.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,833 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

He has to go somewhere that he can unlearn the WWE style

CastorTroy wrote: »
    He has to go somewhere that he can unlearn the WWE style

Didnt take Pac long?

• Advertisement

Maybe it's what they're doing when "in catering"

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

AEW have announced their first house show

ExmFgeDWQAQnOiK?format=jpg&name=large

Yeah they mentioned that on Dynamite, calling it a non-televised event.
    How much would a WWE house show ticket cost?

Shaq interviewed Cena on his NBA show and asked him if he saw his wrestling debut against Cody.

Cena skirted around saying he watched it or mentioning AEW and said Shaq would have made a great WWE Superstar if he hadn't been such a great basketball player.

Still a company man to the end

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah they mentioned that on Dynamite, calling it a non-televised event.
    How much would a WWE house show ticket cost?

Google say $68 for an average WWE live event ringside can reach $300.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,629 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Headshot wrote: »

Damn, he better still be on BTE

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Shaq interviewed Cena on his NBA show and asked him if he saw his wrestling debut against Cody.
    Clip in question:

https://twitter.com/VollmayerOnFire/status/1376233393994731522

• Advertisement

With Tony licensing songs rights someone needs to keep an eye on Cult of Personality rights :)

Advertisement