Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naas Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

So it's a McDonalds going in beside Tescos at least I won't have to travel far for my once a year McDonalds habit.

Is there a petrol station going in there as well? So far there doesn't seem to be the makings of a petrol station at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

So it's a McDonalds going in beside Tescos at least I won't have to travel far for my once a year McDonalds habit.

Is there a petrol station going in there as well? So far there doesn't seem to be the makings of a petrol station at all.

No sign of McDonalds starting constuction by the looks of it. Really can't see planning permission granted for a petrol station going in at Tesco, with so many of them around the Sallings Road area already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

What happened to Tony Roma's on the Main St

There is a sign on the door saying its closed and Staff should contact their employer?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Polo_Mint wrote: »
    What happened to Tony Roma's on the Main St

There is a sign on the door saying its closed and Staff should contact their employer?

Yeah on the door is a letter from the landlord saying that they've been evicted for non-payment of rent, while on Tony Roma's FB page it says that they suffered constant electrical problems in the building. Seems to be a stand-off between them and the landlord.

I see from the 6th of June on facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/tonyromasnaas

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,063 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Tesco have been doing take away pizzas the past month. 12 inch, unlimited toppings for a fiver. Unbeatable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dshamrock2000

Any update on when the Lodge is re-opening or will it even re-open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I presume the works at the roundabout on the Sallins road are the long discussed plans to make it two lanes? Anyone know how long it's likely to last - I'm worried we'll have a repeat of the motorway bridge on that road with weeks turning into months of disruptions.

Paddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    I presume the works at the roundabout on the Sallins road are the long discussed plans to make it two lanes? Anyone know how long it's likely to last - I'm worried we'll have a repeat of the motorway bridge on that road with weeks turning into months of disruptions.

Paddy

Was wondering what that was alright. I'v noticed a makeshift road cutting through the tress up the millenium park - is this just the road up to their compound maybe? Maybe its the start of the by-pass, yeeeoowww!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Was wondering what that was alright. I'v noticed a makeshift road cutting through the tress up the millenium park - is this just the road up to their compound maybe? Maybe its the start of the by-pass, yeeeoowww!

Looks like it's just the builders compound - there's another entrance to it on the Sallins road towards Naas.

I've attached the plans from Kildare CC - http://kildare.ie/CountyCouncil/RoadsandTransportation/PartVIII/R407SallinsRoadOsberstownRoundaboutUpgradeScheme/

Paddy
    --
    355558.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

PaddyFagan wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it's likely to last - I'm worried we'll have a repeat of the motorway bridge on that road with weeks turning into months of disruptions.

I'd say a few months 3?

Any craic about the town lately? The Lodge is still closed. Traffic is worse at the roundabout on the Sallins road, kinda crappy seen as the schools are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Mild this evening, lots o people out walking, running and using the canal walks. The town is far from dead, great to see everyone out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Mild this evening, lots o people out walking, running and using the canal walks. The town is far from dead, great to see everyone out and about.

Maybe they are fleeing:pac:

Marathon training in full swing, people getting in their 2-3 hour runs in during the week. I haven't ran in a month, don't feel a bit guilty. I'm not trying for the marathon this year though.

Have many been into One New Row yet?

Did anyone join energie fitness. Opinions?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Where abouts is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭lucast2007us

Where abouts is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭a very cool kid

beertons wrote: »
    Marathon training in full swing, people getting in their 2-3 hour runs in during the week. I haven't ran in a month, don't feel a bit guilty. I'm not trying for the marathon this year though.

Have many been into One New Row yet?

Went up there a couple of months ago about 6pm - didn't think much of it - its very much set up to be a disco bar - bouncers, lack of furniture etc

The real question is:

Is Tony Roma's gone for good?

• Advertisement

Is Tony Roma's gone for good?

Probably. Pity I never tried it. Ah well.

Poor auld Patsy Kelly. Not the way I thought he'd go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Poor auld Patsy Kelly. Not the way I thought he'd go.

Cant believe it myself. Just saw that it was him on the news.
    Always a gent when we met him drinking around the canal.

Told my mam this morning that he got me a few cans when I was 14, and he did it for the price of 10 cigarettes. A harmless lad, who just kinda kept to himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It's just like all the other energie fitness gym or any other commercial gym really equipment wise and staff wise.

I was never there on peak hours so couldn't say what it was like but even on off peak hours it would still be busy enough.

The Applegreen in Caragh are having a sale on Petrol and Diesel until the single lane bridge is fixed. Trying to drum up business seen as their passing trade has been rerouted. Cheaper than Newbridge, according to my dad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

The Applegreen in Caragh are having a sale on Petrol and Diesel until the single lane bridge is fixed. Trying to drum up business seen as their passing trade has been rerouted. Cheaper than Newbridge, according to my dad.

I filled the tank !

131.9 out there on Saturday

Diesel was 120.8 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,010 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Diesel was 120.8 yesterday.

Was 118.9 on Sat

Worth the 5 minute trip

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭budhabob

Ate in Thaiger (next to the Post Office) over the weekend. Picked up a voucher online. Was really nice I must say.

Advertisement