Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

I lasted about 15 minutes of post Malone..I kind of think he's a degenerate anyway but I said I'd give him a chance..they were on mushrooms.. yeah, turned it off..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I lasted about 15 minutes of post Malone..I kind of think he's a degenerate anyway but I said I'd give him a chance..they were on mushrooms.. yeah, turned it off..

I listened for 43 seconds. Heard "we're on mushrooms", I'm out

I would have been interested to find out what Post Malone is all about... but the smoke from the get go... it's gonna be two stoners talking nonsense

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

I listened to the first hr - its not that bad - stoner talk but listenable - they were talking about ghosts and my phone froze so I left it at that!

Post Malone on JRE surprisingly entertaining and coherent so far (only first hour of four). I couldn't get through 30 mins of the Brad Garrett one.
    Crazy he's only 25, whatever about the 'shrooms, he's a really unique, creative person.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,204 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

He's got Shapiro's mannerisms anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,552 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Kalico92 wrote: »
    Me too, really courageous guy - although when you hear him in other videos his voice isn't as croakey as it was on the podcast and I was distracted by that a lot :pac:

He said why that was, didn't he? Very croaky though.

Went on to listen to the Megan Phelps one after...Joe brought it up at one point. That's another one worth listening to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Very good!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

AHAHAH brilliant!

Enjoyed the David Blaine podcast. Blaine was a lot more personable than I imagined. He always seemed so dour on anything i saw but he was great!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Enjoyed the David Blaine podcast. Blaine was a lot more personable than I imagined. He always seemed so dour on anything i saw but he was great!

He has a very dry sense of humour, I've been a fan for years.

He has a very dry sense of humour, I've been a fan for years.

I love his work...I was just very surprised so see how upbeat he was. He comes across really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,521 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

His little chuckle made him very endearing,
    Seems to really love his work

Wonder if the type of guests will change when he moves to Texas - Most of his comedian friends seem to be LA based and if you're an A Lister or someone who's not looking to up their exposure by being on JRE then it seems like it'll be harder to get high-profile folkse to fly out just for the podcast.
    It seems a lot of guests would do JRE as they were in LA anyway, but it would interesting to see how that plays out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,394 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wonder if the type of guests will change when he moves to Texas - Most of his comedian friends seem to be LA based and if you're an A Lister or someone who's not looking to up their exposure by being on JRE then it seems like it'll be harder to get high-profile folkse to fly out just for the podcast.
    It seems a lot of guests would do JRE as they were in LA anyway, but it would interesting to see how that plays out.

Hopefully it means less comedians...

I wondered this myself, I know he's moving to Spotify unless there willing to pay guest which he never would do,

The likes of Tyson Fury was only on because he was training close by and plenty of other say there in town for a certain event and pop in

is it Austin he's going to?
    Believe it or not, that place is woke central in Texas!

I wondered this myself, I know he's moving to Spotify unless there willing to pay guest which he never would do,

The likes of Tyson Fury was only on because he was training close by and plenty of other say there in town for a certain event and pop in

My Thoughts exactly, I won't miss a lot of the comedian's but having people like Tyson or Actors/Musicians on while they're recording really meant it made sense to be in LA. If he wasn't there, we'd have had to wait longer to have John Kavanagh on too as he was able to travel easily from Vegas after McGregor-Khabib to do the interview. Loved that episode (Although I didn't like that it was joint with Lockhart, he should have had his own full episode imo but I digress)

Another option is seeing more video link podcasts like with Ed Snowden, but with Peter Schiff that seemed to create a lot of issues in that both parties couldn't see each other so you missed out on a lot of social queues and ended up cutting over each other which was painful to watch.

So is the JRE podcast finished on YouTube?
    I see there haven't been any new videos for more than a week

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    So is the JRE podcast finished on YouTube?
    I see there haven't been any new videos for more than a week

I didn't think they were actually finishing on it for a while..starting on spotify on tuesday apparently though I think..

• Advertisement

They didn't specify how long it would stay up on YouTube as the full podcasts. They'll still have the JRE clips for a while but not sure about full podcasts.

Has anyone swapped over to spotify for their podcasts anyway? I find it an infinitely better experience than the old apple podcast app. A-cast is also a great app on android but I prefer spotify.

Has anyone swapped over to spotify for their podcasts anyway? I find it an infinitely better experience than the old apple podcast app. A-cast is also a great app on android but I prefer spotify.

I usually use Stitcher. No problem with it.

I hate Spotify.

I'm sure he's getting a good deal but moving to spotify will definitely affect the size of this huge audience.
    I can see a number of pod-casters filling the empty gap that he's leaving behind on YT

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I never use Spotify for podcasts. Podcast addict on android is your only man.

Arghus wrote: »

Spotify might seem like a giant leap for me because I've been using the official Apple app for years which is absolute dog shyte.

No JR podcasts appearing in Pocket Casts since 21st Aug

Arghus wrote: »

Spotify's speed options are a bit annoying. I found 1.4 times is the best speed to take things in. Podcast addict let's you set any anything in 0.1 increments. Spotify allows 1.2, 1.5 or 2. Slight annoyance but it's been enough to stop me from switching so far.

Is Alex Jones going to be the first one on Spotify?..
    Should be pretty epic..

• Advertisement

Is Alex Jones going to be the first one on Spotify?..
    Should be pretty epic..

Oh god not sure if iv had enough time since the last one,
    Those rants are insane,

Advertisement