Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair and their cancellations

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

iancairns wrote: »
    I finally got full refund yesterday. Keep the faith. It will happen

Did u get an email saying the money was refunded, or did the money just get credited back?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,039 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

adam88 wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got a refund from Ryanair

Yes, it took 107 days

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Pkiernan wrote: »
    Did u get an email saying the money was refunded, or did the money just get credited back?

Thanks

Just got an e-mail to say one of my flights has been refunded. Waiting on the second one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭adam88

Mol must have sensed my anger. Got an elaine yesterday lunchtime saying it was being refunded and would be in my bank in 5-7 days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

adam88 wrote: »
    Mol must have sensed my anger. Got an elaine yesterday lunchtime saying it was being refunded and would be in my bank in 5-7 days

How was Elaine?

• Advertisement

Anyone from April flights still waiting for a refund? Haven't received a voucher or refund from a flight that was to take off in April. Last correspondence was May 29th saying please be patient.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,049 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Jofspring wrote: »
    Anyone from April flights still waiting for a refund? Haven't received a voucher or refund from a flight that was to take off in April. Last correspondence was May 29th saying please be patient.

I was due to fly in early April. I got the voucher but I sent a message to say I wanted a refund. No sign of my refund.
    Is there any direct email one can actually send correspondence to?!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

I was due to fly in early April. I got the voucher but I sent a message to say I wanted a refund. No sign of my refund.
    Is there any direct email one can actually send correspondence to?!

Apply to your bank for a chargeback.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

tina1040 wrote: »

That's what I did.

Got my refund in June that way from April flights.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭pms7

tina1040 wrote: »

What does that mean and how do you do it ? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Yikes my flights were for the end of July and I've just got notification that my refund will be processed in 5-7 working days.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

This is EasyJet but people here likely interested.
    I had 4 flights cancelled so i rebooked for next year.
    One going out end July, 2021, return August 7, 2021.
    It was confirmed for Aug 7, 2020 tomorrow.
    I did not notice until a few days later i got prompt for board pass.
    The reason i post is below direct quote from their Customer care.
    The ADR are looking into this for me.

esupport@easyjet.com

Jul 23, 2020, 4:53 PM

As Promised, here is the information for yourself and the consumer council to look into.

I am sorry that I was not able to change your flight for you free of charge but our policy is that we cannot action a free flight change after 24 hours have elapsed due to our flight club policy.

This unfortunately cannot be altered even if the flight change was a mistake on either the customers part or the agents.

seligehgit wrote: »
    Yikes my flights were for the end of July and I've just got notification that my refund will be processed in 5-7 working days.:)

We were June, no notification yet from them. Was thinking we'd be in the 90% refunded by last weekend, lol......

Augeo wrote: »
    We were June, no notification yet from them. Was thinking we'd be in the 90% refunded by last weekend, lol......

I'm in the end of April refund group and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,696 ✭✭✭irelandrover

I had a flight in July cancelled and received the mail yesterday saying my refund was processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Italy threatening to ban Ryanair from flying to Italy if they do not respect Covid rules.

https://www.thejournal.ie/italy-ryanair-ban-coronavirus-5169123-Aug2020/

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

seligehgit wrote: »

Bloody hell, nice one for you but feck sake I’m waiting since May! It’s a nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Finally got a refund from Wizz today - took 143 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

Booked flights on 30th Dec 2019 for travel at end of July.Ryanair cancelled!
    Still waiting for refund,not a meg since their cancellation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭IQO

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0817/1159631-ryanair-flights/

"Ryanair is reducing flight capacity by 20% in September and October due to a notable weakening of bookings over the last ten days."

I was supposed to be flying this Friday to a non-green list country. Because of this I wasn't planning on going, and as the flights were booked months ago I don't have the "no flight change fee" option.

Just seeing that the return flight in September has now been removed from the booking engine (probably because of the above news), so the flight will most likely not be flying. Wondering if they will inform me about this before the planned outbound flight will be departing this Friday. Good chance for me now though to get a full refund/voucher for the booking (at least for the return flight in September).

Keep however an eye out if you're flying after this month with Ryanair, and have a look if the flight can still be bought. If not, it's most likely not departing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Gerry T

IQO wrote:
    Just seeing that the return flight in September has now been removed from the booking engine (probably because of the above news), so the flight will most likely not be flying. Wondering if they will inform me about this before the planned outbound flight will be departing this Friday. Good chance for me now though to get a full refund/voucher for the booking (at least for the return flight in September).

I had my return flight in July cancelled about 3 mths ago. I went online and cancelled the full booking and it went through, still waiting on the money but I'm told its due.
    You sound in the same boat, but my booking was made prior to c19 hitting, was yours ? Not sure if ryanair t&c were changed if you had.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Anyone get flight cancellation emails for September?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Panthro wrote: »
    Anyone get flight cancellation emails for September?

No, but after the news today, I checked my booking. I was due to fly out on Sept 9th but when I log in, it says my flight is now Sept 6th. No email or SMS received so I don't know when that change was made. The original flight on the 9th is no longer appearing on their schedule.

I know we are in strange times but it is very bad form to move a person's booking to another flight a few days previous without any communication.

Looking into flights into Knock. Nothing for September. Says they're all sold out.
    Wonder if they're actually sold out or going to be cancelled.
    Frustrating times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Looking into flights into Knock. Nothing for September. Says they're all sold out.
    Frustrating times.

These days that means they're on the chopping block and will be officially cancelled soon.

Yea it's weird. Sept is sold out. As are the first 2 weeks of October. Then back to normal by the looks of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Sold out means cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭billy few mates

No, but after the news today, I checked my booking. I was due to fly out on Sept 9th but when I log in, it says my flight is now Sept 6th. No email or SMS received so I don't know when that change was made. The original flight on the 9th is no longer appearing on their schedule.

I know we are in strange times but it is very bad form to move a person's booking to another flight a few days previous without any communication.

They can't do that without at least asking you. What if you have something else planned for that date?
    What if you don't have accomodation booked for those extra days?
    What if you can't get the time off work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

They can't do that without at least asking you. What if you have something else planned for that date?
    What if you don't have accomodation booked for those extra days?
    What if you can't get the time off work?

Well the new date definitely doesn't suit me. A few hours later I got an email saying my flight date is changed but I can request a voucher or refund. Obviously there was a delay between their system updating their website and the emails being sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭IQO

Frustrating times.
    Not much left ex-Knock

https://twitter.com/colmancawe/status/1295457220990251014

Advertisement