Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

Danmj wrote: »
    Got onto chat and asked them to reset payment details account but was told they cant do that told me to try again after 22hrs will have to wait for different Netflix support person will try again tomorrow

Same happened to me, went on chat early one morning and got sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭frash

Are you asked for a phone number for Turkey now too??
    Mine is due to expire on Saturday (I couldn't get it to take a card last month so had to pay full again but now I have a Curve ready to try).

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Danmj wrote: »
    Got onto chat and asked them to reset payment details account but was told they cant do that told me to try again after 22hrs will have to wait for different Netflix support person will try again tomorrow

Same here. Waited the 24hrs and got back onto them on chat. Still no joy though. Blamed the bank and told me to buy a gift card instead or somehow pay though vodafone. Not sure how to get Turkish Netflix now. Should I have clicked "Reset my payment details" when setting you the chat?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Zapy

Similar situation to most on here, but got everything sorted via live chat support.

My wifes revolut card had a dodgy transaction, so card was cancelled. I forgot all about the Netflix subscription (paid in Turkish Liras) which was being deducted from her card each month. So the Netflix payment failed last week and the service stopped. I jumped onto my Turkey via VPN and tried to switch over to my revolut card, but no joy. Also tried switching to KBC and Ulster bank debit cards but again no joy. Then I turned off VPN and tried all cards again, but still no luck.

Then I tried the live chat and told them I was having issues trying to pay.
    She asked what country I was in...I said Turkey.
    She asked if I was using a VPN...I said No...I was of course logged into the chat session via VPN to turkey.
    Then up popped a form, I banged in my revolut details and payment goes through straight away in Turkish Liras!

Did I just get lucky??

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭Old Jim

Think she knew my credit card was not from Turkey. She told me to go to Turkey and try it from there!
    Anyone get an Irish credit card to work through the chat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Zapy wrote: »
    Similar situation to most on here, but got everything sorted via live chat support.

My wifes revolut card had a dodgy transaction, so card was cancelled. I forgot all about the Netflix subscription (paid in Turkish Liras) which was being deducted from her card each month. So the Netflix payment failed last week and the service stopped. I jumped onto my Turkey via VPN and tried to switch over to my revolut card, but no joy. Also tried switching to KBC and Ulster bank debit cards but again no joy. Then I turned off VPN and tried all cards again, but still no luck.

Then I tried the live chat and told them I was having issues trying to pay.
    She asked what country I was in...I said Turkey.
    She asked if I was using a VPN...I said No...I was of course logged into the chat session via VPN to turkey.
    Then up popped a form, I banged in my revolut details and payment goes through straight away in Turkish Liras!

Did I just get lucky??

Seems like you did! I had the exact same scenario, contacted support chat and they told me it was just a "generic decline" and they didn't know why it was happening. Nothing they could do, they said!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Zapy

Standman wrote: »
    Seems like you did! I had the exact same scenario, contacted support chat and they told me it was just a "generic decline" and they didn't know why it was happening. Nothing they could do, they said!

That's strange as I was also told it's a 'generic decline', but they went ahead and popped up the payment form within chat which allowed the revolut payment to go through.

Not sure what to make of it, but it does show that it's possible to switch to a different revolut card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Just got an email from Netflix saying that Argentina has now introduced a tax on Netflix of 35%. It says I will now see this on my card asa separate payment.

Think I’ll cancel and checkout where is cheaper now. Anyone more current cheapest alternative country?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭gussieg

jarvis wrote: »
    Just got an email from Netflix saying that Argentina has now introduced a tax on Netflix of 35%. It says I will now see this on my card asa separate payment.

Think I’ll cancel and checkout where is cheaper now. Anyone more current cheapest alternative country?

Same here. Was considering it anyway after the Cuties debacle

• Advertisement

gussieg wrote: »
    Same here. Was considering it anyway after the Cuties debacle

You seem to be taking a more moral stance. I’m just looking for a cheaper subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Johnny Derpp

I tried using netflix with a vpn but it won't let me. Netflix seems to know and tells me it won't work with a vpn on.
    How do I get around this?

For anyone else wondering I’ve just just checked current Turkish prices. 4K is 42TL (€4.67 on XE.Com). 1080 is 29.90TL (€3.34 on XE.Com).

I’ll be switching from Argentina to Turkey now that Argentina has an extra 35% tax.

In answer to the last comment try a different VPN. I’m using vpn unlimited on my iPhone and it works fine.
    Edit...
    Re reading your question if you mean you’re trying to watch with a VPN rather than add a subscription with one then I don’t know that answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

But does not give you Turkish content etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭DopeTech

But does not give you Turkish content etc?

No, not unless you keep your vpn connected to turkey while watching it. Vpn is only needed for sign up. You'll get the content of whatever country you are in.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,289 ✭✭✭fafy

Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

fafy wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a VPN to use with Turkey Netflix, there are so many options, and some are 3 years upfront for the lowest monthly price, eg VPN unlimited.

Just download the Speedify app and set it to Turkey, sign up, then uninstall Speedify and away you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just helped friend of mine.
    His Netflix expired 2days ago.I used Speedify on my phone for Turkey ,however his Revolut didnt work so we left his irish card and signed up for 42Lira package.Then he logged in on his phone on irish Netflix and he was able to change payment method to Revolut.All was done in 10min

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Just helped friend of mine.
    His Netflix expired 2days ago.I used Speedify on my phone for Turkey ,however his Revolut didnt work so we left his irish card and signed up for 42Lira package.Then he logged in on his phone on irish Netflix and he was able to change payment method to Revolut.All was done in 10min

And you didn't need the Turkish sim to do it? Mine expires on the 27th and I'll give it a go if I don't need a Turkish phone number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 821 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

And you didn't need the Turkish sim to do it? Mine expires on the 27th and I'll give it a go if I don't need a Turkish phone number

No he didnt.Netflix had his irish mobile and all he had to do was to confirm that was correct phone number

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Just download the Speedify app and set it to Turkey, sign up, then uninstall Speedify and away you go.

Did all that, Downloaded Speedify, selected a Turkey server, VPN is appearing up top, gotonto Netflix Turkey, but won’t accept my credit card, or N26 Card, just get an error on Netflix Turkey sign up page
    “ There appears to be a problem with the payment method you are trying to use.”

Have triple checked my details, and they are correct, any ideas ?

Tried 4 different cards, same result- error is the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

This is an issue with Netflix not the VPN you are using

This is an issue with Netflix not the VPN you are using

Is there a work around ? seems to be working for other people on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,421 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Has anyone tried yearly subs like this from cd keys?

https://www.cd-keys.online/sk/streamovacie-sluzby/43-netflix-4k-ultrahd-premium-rocne-predplatne.html

Cant use you own account, they give you a new one.

Did all that, Downloaded Speedify, selected a Turkey server, VPN is appearing up top, gotonto Netflix Turkey, but won’t accept my credit card, or N26 Card, just get an error on Netflix Turkey sign up page

Went on Netflix chat.

As per some posters, they said its an issue at my bank, and as i have exceeded a certain number of attempts, i need to retry in 14 hours. Will try my credit card bank first, to make sure there no issues, but i wouldn't think there is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cynosure1023

Kolido wrote: »
    Has anyone tried yearly subs like this from cd keys?

https://www.cd-keys.online/sk/streamovacie-sluzby/43-netflix-4k-ultrahd-premium-rocne-predplatne.html

Cant use you own account, they give you a new one.

Link or website not accessible from Ireland. Got error message.

I think the problem with buying these is that it can be blacklisted or stopped anytime.

Have you done any research through the comments here. It’s discussed on every page I’d say. You need to add payment here on your account via Ireland. Only after payment method is added can you add subscription via another country.

Have you done any research through the comments here. It’s discussed on every page I’d say. You need to add payment here on your account via Ireland. Only after payment method is added can you add subscription via another country.

Ya, i read the last few pages. the order i did was:

Turn on vpn, selecting Turkey server
    Find Netflix Turkey, Sign up & select plan, enter card number.

I thought, if i selected a plan on Netflix Ireland first, I would be tied into the Netflix Ireland priced plan ?

Sorry, its a little confusing, so i do the Ireland setup first, and then, after that, i do the vpn part ?

I understood from this, that the first step is signing up to Netflix Turkey, while vpn is turned on:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭wiz569

You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up, during the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

wiz569 wrote: »
    You need to sign up to a plan from Ireland for a month, you may be able to get a free trial for this, cancel plan before month is up, during the Irish signup make sure to add a mobile number as well as your chosen payment method,

When the plan expires just use a VPN to sign into your existing netflix account from Turkey and you will then get the option to restart your original plan.

Thank you for the “extra” assistance !

WTF am I doing wrong?! :(

Last month I cancelled it & let it go for 24 hours after the sub expired
    Used a VPN to be in Turkey but couldn't get it to take any of my Irish cards - not even a Revolut
    Read that maybe i should try a Curve

Renewed Neflix for another month and got a Curve

it expired (having cancelled it during the month) on Saturday and now I can't get it to take any card when connected to Turkey (not even the Curve)

I got on to chat and got them to delete my old card which they did - happy days I thought but it still won't take my card
    No card - they're all rejected

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

frash wrote: »
    WTF am I doing wrong?! :(

Last month I let it expire
    Used a VPN to be in Turkey but couldn't get it to take any of my Irish cards - not even a Revolut
    Read that maybe i should try a Curve

Renewed Neflix for another month and got a Curve

it expired on Saturday and now I can't get it to take any card when connected to Turkey (not even the Curve)

I got on to chat and got them to delete my old card which they did - happy days I thought but it still won't take my card
    No card - they're all rejected

Any ideas?
    Dont let it expire. Make sure you've enough funds to pay it on card when its due.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Dont let it expire. Make sure you've enough funds to pay it on card when its due.

Expire was the wrong wording - I cancelled it
    Will edit my post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Did you add the curve card after paying for month in Ireland? I think I spotted people having better luck in paying for a month in Ireland using whatever card you plan to use in future, then cancel, then go on a quick holiday to Turkey to reactivate using the card that has been used previously.

dulpit wrote: »
    Did you add the curve card after paying for month in Ireland? I think I spotted people having better luck in paying for a month in Ireland using whatever card you plan to use in future, then cancel, then go on a quick holiday to Turkey to reactivate using the card that has been used previously.

Thanks, no I used to pay with a BOI credit card.

Ok, will join again
    Pay in Curve
    Cancel
    Wait for month to end
    Go to Turkey
    Reactivate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

i'm on mexico at moment, finally going to move, no mobile number on the android app can I add Irish no. now ?

and let it lapse on this account and just re join next month from next region ?

or easier to move to whole new account, current account is using revout no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Thanks, no I used to pay with a BOI credit card.

Ok, will join again
    Pay in Curve
    Cancel
    Wait for month to end
    Go to Turkey
    Reactivate

Just FYI I tried this. I have tried everything the last 2/3 months. Nothing works. I contacted chat, asked them to reset my payment details (it took me literally begging at one stage) - they sent me a hyperlink, and it didn't work either.

The chat went then another guy came on and said "you are using a VPN turn it off" - of course I said how dare you I am in Istanbul studying......... anyway it didn't work. Tried Curve, Revolut and every AIB card under the sun

I've given up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭jusvi2001

bleuhh wrote: »
    Just FYI I tried this. I have tried everything the last 2/3 months. Nothing works. I contacted chat, asked them to reset my payment details (it took me literally begging at one stage) - they sent me a hyperlink, and it didn't work either.

The chat went then another guy came on and said "you are using a VPN turn it off" - of course I said how dare you I am in Istanbul studying......... anyway it didn't work. Tried Curve, Revolut and every AIB card under the sun

I've given up :(

You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    You should be on the Irish NF site without VPN while chatting with customer care. let them add the card and charge you for Irish subscription .cancel it next day and let the subscription expire. when expired turn on your VPN and log in to NF turkey and restart your subscription. in my case revolut , N26 and curve card didn't worked but monese card worked without contacting customer care.

Another month to pay & another card to try then it seems
    :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Using an Argentine sub, can I just go to options to change my plan without using the vpn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

Completed this with Curve this morning and Hola VPN - surprised how easy it was!

Worked out at €4.69 (41.99 Turkish Lira) for the premium package - now all I have to do is buy a decent TV

Thanks Op

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Bhoy1967 wrote: »
    Completed this with Curve this morning and Hola VPN - surprised how easy it was!

Worked out at €4.69 (41.99 Turkish Lira) for the premium package - now all I have to do is buy a decent TV

Thanks Op

Just curious did you sign up as a first time or renew from a lapsed Netflix account

Just curious did you sign up as a first time or renew from a lapsed Netflix account

I renewed - my subscription lapsed last night - I loaded the Curve details before my account lapsed.

I renewed - my subscription lapsed last night - I loaded the Curve details before my account lapsed.

Ah that's what I've been doing wrong then!

So load the new card, then cancel sub and then "go to Turkey" and rejoin?

More questions, sorry guys.got a new card today, can I just change it while logged in or do I have to do it through the vpn?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Redriddick wrote: »
    More questions, sorry guys.got a new card today, can I just change it while logged in or do I have to do it through the vpn?

Should be able to do most actions without VPN. Changing card may need you to move home for a month though.

• Advertisement

Ah that's what I've been doing wrong then!

So load the new card, then cancel sub and then "go to Turkey" and rejoin?

Don't rejoin until your subs have lapsed :cool: Mine lapsed last night - I rejoined today through the VPN - Apparently I am now in Turkey!!

No change to service only the payment is now in Turkish Lira

Don't rejoin until your subs have lapsed :cool: Mine lapsed last night - I rejoined today through the VPN - Apparently I am now in Turkey!!

No change to service only the payment is now in Turkish Lira

Mine lapsed on Saturday
    I got My BOI card removed from my account yesterday.
    I've tried rejoining from Turkey with Irish cards, Revolut, Curve and Monese all of which aren't accepted.

Is the trick to change payment card before the lapse?

Mine lapsed on Saturday
    I got My BOI card removed from my account yesterday.
    I've tried rejoining from Turkey with Irish cards, Revolut, Curve and Monese all of which aren't accepted.

Is the trick to change payment card before the lapse?

Maybe that is the case. I changed the card last week some time and then left the account lapse. It worked without any issues - these kind of things usually don't work out for me so I was surprised :D

Maybe that is the case. I changed the card last week some time and then left the account lapse. It worked without any issues - these kind of things usually don't work out for me so I was surprised :D

Cool thanks
    Will try that next month

Went to have a look to change my card and the new card is already setup????

• Advertisement
Advertisement