Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I would advise you to use a different email address and a different payment card.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 CoffeeAnathema

I would advise you to use a different email address and a different payment card.

Thanks, but that may not be an option :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

You can't use the same email for a start. And using the same card wouldn't cause any issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,874 ✭✭✭cletus

No need for either measure

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

RossieMan wrote: »
    You can't use the same email for a start. And using the same card wouldn't cause any issues.

You can use the same email, I did, literally let my Irish sub expire then 10 seconds later I was in turkey renewing my sub.

The only thing a different email gets you is trial month but keeping your sub keeps your lists, watch history, profiles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Hey lads, sorry, the SMS on sign up and looks to be looking for a Turkish mobile number... How do I get around that? Sorry in the middle of sign up so thought I would just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

BKWDR wrote: »
    Hey lads, sorry, the SMS on sign up and looks to be looking for a Turkish mobile number... How do I get around that? Sorry in the middle of sign up so thought I would just ask

Just skip it

Just skip it

Doesn't give that option on the screen

Do I need to use a new email address for the resign up?

Some had this issue with turkey. Use a different browser or vpn. Or use Argentina like some have.
    It's literally in the past couple of pages.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Some had this issue with turkey. Use a different browser or vpn. Or use Argentina like some have.
    It's literally in the past couple of pages.

Appreciate that and didn't want to be a d**k who didn't scroll a few pages back but was in the middle of it and panicked.
    Have all my Turkish lira on revolut ready to go!

• Advertisement

Try a different browser. It can definitely be done without it. Did it myself not too long back. Fairly certain I uses chrome and I've a premium getflix VPN so I used that.

Hola VPN doesn't work for Netflix on laptop. Any other non sign up free services I can use?

Just keeps on asking me for a turkish number to verify if i try on laptop or phone. Is this just not popping up for everyone else? There is no skip button or verify later etc.

Hola VPN doesn't work for Netflix on laptop. Any other non sign up free services I can use?

Just keeps on asking me for a turkish number to verify if i try on laptop or phone. Is this just not popping up for everyone else? There is no skip button or verify later etc.

doesn't seem to work on Hola anymore, tried it myself there.

Use a different one. You might need a premium sub to get most to Turkey.

Set up new account, via Argentina, can't seem to buy Argentina currency in revolut but it still is a bargain rate

Cheers

Actually, I got charged for a month, Argentina must not offer a free month

Were you already subbed to Netflix on the same email address?

Were you already subbed to Netflix on the same email address?

Yeah I was. Tried to reactivate and everything was going hunky dory until the text thing

People on the thread saying you can use your current account and email, others not

Using a new email not a deal breaker, sure I didn't have anything in list's etc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Too late for you, I suppose. I managed to get it to recognise Turkey using a trial version of Speedify.

You don't get a free month if you use an existing email address.

You don't get a free month if you use an existing email address.

This was a new email address, new account, revolut got charged 299ars instantly

• Advertisement

Fair enough so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

is the free month standard in all locations? Do you have to sign up through a particular link?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

I cancelled my netflix, my billing was due to end on the 30/4 but I can still stream today ("It says today is your last day of streaming"). I signed up with Mexico VPN so was thinking that it could be to do with Time zones etc but Mexico is already on the 01/5. I can still stream so wondering when the hell it's going to cancel?

Do I have to sign out of the device first?

I will be signing up to Turkey as revolut does not have Argentinian currency or does it just do the conversion on Revolut like any other currency?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

BobbyT28 wrote: »
    I cancelled my netflix, my billing was due to end on the 30/4 but I can still stream today ("It says today is your last day of streaming"). I signed up with Mexico VPN so was thinking that it could be to do with Time zones etc but Mexico is already on the 01/5. I can still stream so wondering when the hell it's going to cancel?

I will be signing up to Turkey as revolut does not have Argentinian currency or does it just do the conversion on Revolut like any other currency?

BobbyT28
    Do nothing until you can no longer stream.

BobbyT28
    Do nothing until you can no longer stream.

I picked argentina and it took 6e for the Max package 4x HD. But yeah you cant buy the currency in revolut which is a bummer. Let me know how you got on with Turkey because when I did it, it asked me for a Turkish mobile number to confirm.

I ended up setting up a new account / email and going via Argentina.

Also, mirror above, if you can still stream and you haven’t paid anything, keep the party going!!!!

ok, so Netflix streaming is not working as it says restart membership whereas this morning it was streaming ok. Also tried to stream on Netflix app and got the error.

Turned on Turkey VPN using ExpressVPN and check whatsmyip and can see that it is seeing me in Turkey.

Signed back into Netflix and I see the "welcome back message" see plans. WEhen I select see plansd it shows me the 3 pland but all in euros. I have turned on/off VPN and check IP again and also signed in/out of netflix and still it says euros.

Any ideas?

BobbyT28

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Clear your history

It's Cookies you really need to delete. Easiest is to just use Incognito/Privacy mode when visiting Netflix from your browser. That shouldn't pick up any previous Netflix presence.

Couldn't sign up with Turkey VPN! Weird!, Ended up signing up with Argentinian VPN. Selected Plan and then signed in with my original account details and had no issues.

It asked me for card details, I entered my revolut details and it charged me straight away so didn't get the 30days free. I don't mind as this only cost me €6.01 with conversion on revolut for the premium plan.

It asked me to enter a Mobile number which I did and was able to verify it also.

Streaming here now so happy out.

BobbyT28

It's Cookies you really need to delete. Easiest is to just use Incognito/Privacy mode when visiting Netflix from your browser. That shouldn't pick up any previous Netflix presence.

Honestly, I did all that and I was in Private mode with VPN on and it still wouldn't do it! Really weird considering it could see my IP as Turkey!!

Any all sorted now. Now for the ARG currency so sit tight for the next 12 months :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭rustledjimmies

Ended up signing up with Argentinian VPN.
    It asked me to enter a Mobile number which I did and was able to verify it also.

Streaming here now so happy out.

So what mobile number did you use? Irish?

Advertisement