Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NCAA College Football - 2018 Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

They'll definitely be fun to watch anyway. As I heard so well put on a podcast yesterday, you'll have an impossible task trying to figure out if Trace McSorley is just really, really good or really, really lucky. There's a lot of Favre to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

BKWDR wrote: »
    I have iptv so Ill stick with that and see what's on cheers

Haven't really picked a team to follow really but enjoy watching on Saturdays, Penn state maybe?

Texas Longhorns baby
    #Hook'em

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Doogs27

brinty wrote: »
    Texas Longhorns baby
    #Hook'em

No nó no. Geaux Tigers

Feel like such a degenerate watching and betting on UMass vs. Duquesne.

Will go UMass -20 just because they're returning pretty much everyone on offense this year and a lot of them are seniors and will want to get a bowl game this year.

The first game of the year has officially started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Feel like such a degenerate watching and betting on UMass vs. Duquesne.

Will go UMass -20 just because they're returning pretty much everyone on offense this year and a lot of them are seniors and will want to get a bowl game this year.

The first game of the year has officially started.
    Actually found myself watching the cedar Grove high school game last night then some of the UMass game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Hawaii ,colorado state was a very entertaining game .Colorado almost came back from 30 points down.Roll on next weekend

Here's what I can see on UK/Irish TV this week:

Thursday Night:

Midnight: #21 UCF @ Connecticut (BT Sport 2)
    1:00am: Northwestern @ Purdue (BT Sport ESPN)

Friday Night:

Midnight: Army @ Duke (BT Sport 2)
    2:00am: Western Kentucky @ #4 Wisconsin (BT Sport ESPN)

Saturday:

5:00pm: Ole Miss vs Texas Tech (BT Sport ESPN)
    8:30pm: #6 Washington vs #9 Auburn (BT Sport ESPN)
    Midnight: Cincinatti @ UCLA (BT Sport ESPN)
    1:00am: Louisville vs #1 Alabama (BT Sport 1)
    3:45am: BYU @ Arizona (BT Sport ESPN)

Sunday Night:

12:30am: #8 Miami vs #25 LSU (BT Sport ESPN)

Monday Night:

1:00am: #20 Virginia Tech @ #19 Florida State (BT Sport ESPN)

Saturday lineup is pretty cool as it gives us a mix of everything. Ole Miss/TT should be a shootout and for me, the over/under at 67 is ridiculously low so I expect it to comfortably exceed that total. Washington/Auburn is a genuine top 10 match up and two very similar, evenly-matched teams. Then we get to see Chip Kelly's return to college football with UCLA, we get to see the number one team in the country in Alabama face Louisville who are trying to replace Lamar Jackson (Jawon Pass is supposedly very similar but with much better passing skills - a scary thought). And then we get to see the consensus #1 fantasy player in the country in Khalil Tate for Arizona if you're up that late. In the span of 6 games last year, he rushed for 327, 230, 137, 146, 161 and 206 yards respectively (with 11 rushing touchdowns and 8 passing touchdowns thrown in). Not bad for a quarterback!

Michigan/Notre Dame doesn't make our screens, but is on NBC so plenty of streams will be available. It's on at 12:30am on Saturday night. Notre Dame are bringing back the green jerseys for this one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

JaMarcus wrote: »

Michigan/Notre Dame doesn't make our screens, but is on NBC so plenty of streams will be available. It's on at 12:30am on Saturday night. Notre Dame are bringing back the green jerseys for this one.

Damn that was the one I really wanted to see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

11 games this weekend.. oh happy days. Ms Brinty is working on Saturday and Sunday so i'll stay up late for one and watch another on Sunday maybe two, who wants to watch the muck that'll be going on in Croke park this weekend..

I'd be happy if they could get some more regular Big 12 games on for us. Everyone should witness the red rivalry game at least once.

#Hook'em

Ugh, potentially serious injury on the opening play of UCF/UConn.

UCF player down after the opening kickoff. Players have taken a knee, stretcher out on the field. Though there appears to be some movement in his legs per the commentators. Seems a fairly sombre mood out there, doesn't look good.

• Advertisement

Second night in a row we've had a long delay on a televised game because of a player seriously injured on a kick-off. Spinal board and neck brace out again. Can't be long before the kick-off is taken out of the game.

Utah State have gone to #11 Michigan State and are on the verge of taking the lead with 5 minutes left. Michigan State have been absolutely dreadful, as have the referees, but on the same hand Utah State have been seriously impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,615 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Yeah, Utah State imo have been bang average. Wolverines have been awful, doesn't seem like they put enough work in during the offseason. Certainly look very disorganised on offense.

There you have it, Utah State in front and they deserve to win it I think.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Yeah, Utah State imo have been bang average. Wolverines have been awful, doesn't seem like they put enough work in during the offseason. Certainly look very disorganised on offense.

The refs seem to be reviewing everything that could go Utah States way, but not reviewing anything that can go Michigan States way.

The knee down before the touchdown, and Lewerkes "fumble"/grounding could have changed the game.

I gave up on Michigan State covering the spread in the 2nd quarter, they're going straight on my "Do Not Bet" list and I hope Utah State win out of spite :o

Wolverines back up by 7 now. Two minutes for Utah State to get back in this. I really do hope they do it, Wolverines don't deserve the win.

Gotta agree about the fishy refereeing in this one and I'm rarely in agreement with people about that stuff.

Ugh, horrible end to the game with he batted ball. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The first week of college football is officially the start of winter. Think I'll light the fire :)

I watched Colardo vs Colorado State last night. It appears it's going to be a very long season for Colorado State. They got beaten everywhere last night in a 45-13 defeat and they lost to Hawaii the week before.

Jaysus, I was tired last night. I was calling the Spartans the Wolverines, lmfao.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

An unbelievable OBJ like catch just now by Texas Tech receiver TJ Basher against Ole Miss

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ole V Texas is indeed turning into a good old fashioned shootout. Very entertaining first half so far.

Ole miss up 37 to 27 with 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Really entertaining game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭OldRio

Enjoying this. This fourth quarter could be fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

James Madison NC State game is a great battle so far. 17-13 NC State, JMU holding their own as a FCS school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

And as I say that NC State drive down the field and score and puts a nail in the coffin with 1minute left.

Auburn vs Washington has been a great defensive battle. I love Jake Browning but he still makes silly mistakes. Fourth quarter just saw started and the Huskies are in the red zone, currently down by two points.

Huskies get a field goal to lead by one, off the upright and over, their kicking is every bit as bad as it was last year.

• Advertisement

Great game. I'm keeping an eye on Penn State too, they're having trouble putting away Appalachian State. They just surrendered a 2 touchdown lead and it's a tie game at 31-31 with 2 minutes and change to go in the 4th. Appalachian are in the redzone too!

Advertisement